Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, true regarding the player by player basis. And if MON splash big money I will trust his judgement and give both him and his signings time until next christmas. Then I probably feel its the right time to give a verdict.

But until that I am sceptical to "over priced" and young domestic players (as I also am with my team here in Norway).

Lets put it this way, rumors have it that watford want £10 million for a good young player. Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal dont seem to be to interested in him, in my opinion think its a bad sign.

Lets put it this way, rumors have it that watford want £10 million for a good young player. Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal dont seem to be to interested in him, in my opinion think its a bad sign.

Another way of looking at it is that if any of those clubs WERE interested, we wouldn't have a hope of getting him. So I hope you're not suggesting we only be interested in players we haven't a hope of signing ;) Cuz that's a vicious cycle and it's akin to saying if he's not good enough for ManUre then he's not good enough for me - which is simply not true.

Or another way isthat they already have sufficient cover in the area he plays in and whats the point of spending 10M on a benchwarmer

Those days are gone for the big boys now

Manure are focussing on one player for their 20M and that'll be it for them I think

Chelse are in dire straits over their transfer budget

Plop in the middle of a takeover

Arse have other area's and less money than us spare

Another way of looking at it is that if any of those clubs WERE interested, we wouldn't have a hope of getting him. So I hope you're not suggesting we only be interested in players we haven't a hope of signing ;) Cuz that's a vicious cycle and it's akin to saying if he's not good enough for ManUre then he's not good enough for me - which is simply not true.

Im not saying that, but a young player worth £10 million surly one of the top 4 would be interested? Im not saying that if his not good enough for Man U, his not good enough for us, but if the asking price is around there for a young English player, why are they not interested?

They have another wing(both Ronaldo and Young can switch wings). Also Arsenal need a wide player, and Pennant has hardly set the world on fire at Liverpool. Put it this way ive seen him a few times, he doesnt excite me. And spending more than £6 million on him would be a waste of money, in my opinion.

I wouldn't think a nippy, young winger - is what we need in a relegation battle

Never a truer sentence has ever been posted on this site.

Our defence looks terrible at the moment. This is where MON should be strenghening.

Our defence looks terrible at the moment. This is where MON should be strenghening.

:huh:

our defence has just been strengthened with laursen coming back to fitness and bringing bardsley in

we have 4 possible right backs

we have 7 possible centre backs

we have 3 possible left backs

yet we don't have a right midfielder

we have no creativity in our team

and our strikers struggle to score goals

midfield and attack HAS to be strengthened before the defence

:huh:

our defence has just been strengthened with laursen coming back to fitness and bringing bardsley in

we have 4 possible right backs

we have 7 possible centre backs

we have 3 possible left backs

yet we don't have a right midfielder

we have no creativity in our team

and our strikers struggle to score goals

midfield and attack HAS to be strengthened before the defence

EXACTLY! Well said.

hmmm. what does this thread represent now?

it's been quashed by the new FIFA 'Rumour:x' initiative.

er. can I say anything here? has anyone seen Babel? does anyone know of a decent tailor in Phuket? is it going to rain tomorrow?