Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah but there is the difference LM. You wont ask questions until its to late. Thats something you learn with life.

Are you saying that your moaning on villa talk is going to lead to the transfers of players coming to villa?

You must think very highly of yourself

Luke Moore lets hope you don't have egg on your face

I couldn't care less

We won't get relegated and i'm happy to wait untill it easier to sign quality players in the summer before i hit the anti depressants like some others.

I hate to say it, but relegation could happen if we fail to land some quality players!

Luke Moore lets hope you don't have egg on your face

I couldn't care less

We won't get relegated and i'm happy to wait untill it easier to sign quality players in the summer before i hit the anti depressants like some others.

I hate to say it, but relegation could happen if we fail to land some quality players!

WHo have we lost really? Which players have left us that would have made a difference?

Whittingham

Djemba

Agathe

Potentially Hendrie

I mean come on. Everyone of those has been slagged on here , have maybe a handful of appearances between them in over 12 months but now all or a sudden we are struggling because we have let them go.

Yeah right

If this were true (and I'm not saying it isn't), do you really think that MON (a hugely experienced manager) and Randy Lerner (an experienced sports franchise owner) would sit on their hands and watch it happen?

MON knows the situation better than anyone on here (possibly better than all of our knowledge combined) and Randy will not allow relegation to happen and damage his pretty huge investment.

So, do you really think that MON and RL are just sitting around hoping for the phone to ring?

If this were true (and I'm not saying it isn't), do you really think that MON (a hugely experienced manager) and Randy Lerner (an experienced sports franchise owner) would sit on their hands and watch it happen?

MON knows the situation better than anyone on here (possibly better than all of our knowledge combined) and Randy will not allow relegation to happen and damage his pretty huge investment.

So, do you really think that MON and RL are just sitting around hoping for the phone to ring?

I hope what you say is true :winkold:

WHo have we lost really? Which players have left us that would have made a difference?

Whittingham

Djemba

Agathe

Potentially Hendrie

I mean come on. Everyone of those has been slagged on here , have maybe a handful of appearances between them in over 12 months but now all or a sudden we are struggling because we have let them go.

Yeah right

Richard - all these players have been on our bench, and would (will) be needed if we get one more injury in midfield, wing etc.

Who do we field then, considering we are already playing the likes of Osbourne? Or do we just stick Hughes in midfield again because there is noone else?

I watched Robbie Keane come on as a late substitute yesterday, looks sharp and fit with no signs of the injury he's recovering from. I know Celtic are after him but surely he'd be a good buy for us, can play behind the front two or on either wing and can create goals from nothing. Not a target man by any means but just the player to replace Baros.

Gazton that is, IMO, potentially the post of the day

In my view, the transfer window starts in five days. I think its foolish to believe that there will be a lot of big signings and transfers until we get into the last third of the window.

Only thing that I am not happy about is that we have not gone after John Carew. 4 mill ponds for such a proven Champions League striker is certainly worth a shot, specially when I think he is the strong, pacey type of player that I suspect suits MON's football.

You haven't answered the question though. Do you think they are sitting around hoping the phone rings, given our situation and their experience?

We have no players - England u21 for sale 8m with 1.5m add ons if he's successful - stands out in a s**t team - i thinks its gotta be worth a gamble (if it dont work he is young and english so he'll retain a value either way!!!)

You haven't answered the question though. Do you think they are sitting around hoping the phone rings, given our situation and their experience?

Yes

DeepDish how do you know we are not in for Carew? There's only been speculation about our targets and Carew's departure, so there's nothing to say we're not after him. Or have I missed something?

Richard - all these players have been on our bench, and would (will) be needed if we get one more injury in midfield, wing etc.

HArdly John

Hendrie has been on loan all season and has not figured even though he has been back with us for two weeks

Agathe hasn't been on the bench since his last appearance and has been described as anything between "Total crap" and "very substandard"

Whittingham similarly to Agathe and Hendrie. Cant remember the last time he was consistently on the bench

As for Djemba, he has figured for the last 10 minutes of the first game against Arsenal and thats it

Sorry but these are hardly even squad players