Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Us. Signing Heinze. :lol: Pull the other one.

Why? If he's not getting a game up there and we can prove we're a club going places, why not? Would you find it ridiculous if a club like Villarreal were linked with him?

It's no great suprise, Evra looks the part. I've just got no idea why the bought him in the first place. Perhaps there's more to this than meets the eye?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not having a go at anyone but are people forgetting about squads?

Fergie bought Eva so he had 2 left backs and could rotate. Why would he sell one, just ignores the point of why he bought one in the first place.

Bridge as well, who have Chelsea got to play center back apart from Terry and Calvaliho? Nobody i think so they gonna need all there defenders surely?

The ideal and plausible team post January 07:

GK: Sorensen

DL: Bridge

DR: M.Richards

DC: Mellberg

DC: Ridgewell

ML: Barry

MR: Wright Phillips

MC: Diop

MC: Petrov

SC: Moore

SC: Defoe

Bench:

Taylor

Bouma / Hughes

McCann

Davis / Milner

Agbonlahor / Angel

Sell:

Baros, Hendrie, DJ DJ, Samuel

All possible changes in my opinion. Only problem is the team probably wouldn't gel straight away. If MO'N spread these signings out over Jan and the summer then I'd be pretty chuffed.

Can't imagine there won't be a target man upfront. I don't think Moore and Defoe would work as a stike pairing.

Probably right, although I'm not sure who would work? Not really seen this Nugent guy play, but in the Prem there's not many who would fill that role.

Oh and to the other guy who replied - Laursen would also be on the bench with Hughes or Bouma as defensive cover. I don't think he's performed as good as Mellberg or Ridgewell this season to warrant first spot.

We've been linked in several papers with Lee Cooke of QPR. QPR have stated it will take a bid of around £10 million for them to sell. I've never seen him play so I've no comment to make on this. He's a winger apparently not sure which side and he's 24.

Edit - I believe he's a Left Winger.

We've been linked in several papers with Lee Cooke of QPR. QPR have stated it will take a bid of around £10 million for them to sell. I've never seen him play so I've no comment to make on this. He's a winger apparently not sure which side and he's 24.

they want 10 million for him!!!! :shock: I have never heard of him!

they want 10 million for him!!!! :shock: I have never heard of him!

I could link you to the story and a very good page about the player but I cant remember how to do that short link thingy :roll:

he said on ssn the other day that he was talking to a journalist, and he mentioned he might as well retire or something like that if he isn't getting games, and he mentioned that they were due to play villa or just played villa, and thats all villa were mentioned in the conversation and he was bemused to the substance of the story

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=16878

West Ham United striker Teddy Sheringham has rubbished reports quoting him as saying he could have joined Aston Villa in the summer.

The veteran front man became the first 40-year-old ever to score a Premiership goal at the weekend as he helped The Hammers end their eight-match run of defeats.

"I was having a conversation with a reporter after the game on Sunday and was asked about the possibility of signing a new contract at the club," Sheringham told West Ham's website.

"I jokingly remarked that, had he asked me that a few weeks ago when I was left out of the squad of 16 for our match against Aston Villa, then I would probably have told him that I was considering retirement.

"It was just another way of saying that you never know what is around the corner in football, but at no point did I ever mention the possibility of Aston Villa being interested in signing me.

"How they have turned those comments into such a story is beyond me, and I would just like to make it clear to our supporters that the whole thing is complete rubbish."

theres the tribal football article of it.