Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I think Bridge is a great player but I'd rather leave Barry at LB to be honest. He's a better player than Bridge

not as a left back he isnt

Well, I disagree but Barry is a better midfielder than Bridge too so if we had both it would be Bridge at LB I daresay.

I would argue that we have Barry at LB with Bouma as cover. Get rid of Samuel and use any resources to get a top class Right back like Micah Richards. But if we can also afford to get Bridge, why not.

It all depends how much we have to spend. LB isnt a priority in my opinion whereas wingers, a right back, a defensive midfielder and a striker or two are.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maz, I reckon we have around £20m to spend and the first priorities will be that right winger (it will be Milner) and a centre forward in the mould of Sutton. after that it will be whatever money is left and what we can get.

For example someone like Nugent would cost only £3m but unless we get rid of Angel/Baros we would be top heavy in forwards.

However Richards would cost around £7m.

will be an interesting month.

Jez, aren't Preston completely short on Money whioch is why Billy Davies left them ....

I reckon a bid around £3.5m is good value and also would go for Nicky Maynard as I posted earlier in this thread then loan him back to Crewe to finish his education at the best possible place

I think Bridge is a great player but I'd rather leave Barry at LB to be honest. He's a better player than Bridge

not as a left back he isnt

matter of opinion. I'd say he was.

also according to our current manager Barry is the next best thing to Cole at left back for England.

So i reckon he thinks he is too.

Diop available?

The Wardrobe as Fulham fans call him, is a good player. My only gripe is he is always injured, or appears to be always injured.

TPMWNMNBM would maybe have tried to buy him then? :winkold:

We should be going flat out for Shaun Wright-Phillips. He is available in January. Atletico are very interested.

He is EXACTLY what we need in MONs favoured formation. In the Luke Moore/Gabby role he would be awesome. Pace to burn.. good skill... can score.. etc

Why are Atletico very interested KSV?

Because Torres might have said he wanted him at the club? I wonder if the manager agrees especially as Torres will be leaving in the summer as well :?

SWP will be very hard to get and if any other of the top 4 show interest we aint got a chance, i read he is not bothered about his position at Chelsea as he is enjoying London.

wayne bridge would be quality, i don't have a clue why he isn't in the first team at chelsea over cole, he got forward a lot and put some excellent crosses in the last time i saw him,, and the commentators even commented on how they couldn't underdstand why he doesn't play in the first team.

I haven't heard of this cook, i hope we don't sign to many from the lower leagues, i would prefer to see 2 or 3 biggish names then buy a risk player or players

Can we start suggesting a move for Gabriel Heinze please?

I would love to see him at Villa and think he may be surplus at Man.U now, he was linked with a loan move back to PSG earlier this week.

Come on, lets make him feel wanted at VP!

i really couldn't see them selling him especially as hes the best left back they have

Apprantly Fergie is turning / has turned to Evra - I don't know how much truth is in this, and whether it has anything to do with the injury Heinze sustained last year, but people up there think his time is nearly up.

The ideal and plausible team post January 07:

GK: Sorensen

DL: Bridge

DR: M.Richards

DC: Mellberg

DC: Ridgewell

ML: Barry

MR: Wright Phillips

MC: Diop

MC: Petrov

SC: Moore

SC: Defoe

Bench:

Taylor

Bouma / Hughes

McCann

Davis / Milner

Agbonlahor / Angel

Sell:

Baros, Hendrie, DJ DJ, Samuel

All possible changes in my opinion. Only problem is the team probably wouldn't gel straight away. If MO'N spread these signings out over Jan and the summer then I'd be pretty chuffed.

Bridge at left back is a good shout, i bet with the Chelsea sell off prices we could pick him up for about £3-4 million. Ild add Milner to that for another £4 million and i would have a pop at Nugent at Preston. His strong quick and good in the air and only 21. Then maybe a crack at Wright-Phillips.

Why are Atletico very interested KSV?

Because Torres might have said he wanted him at the club? I wonder if the manager agrees especially as Torres will be leaving in the summer as well :?

SWP will be very hard to get and if any other of the top 4 show interest we aint got a chance, i read he is not bothered about his position at Chelsea as he is enjoying London.

Atletico's interested because Maxi Rodriguez and Martin Petrov have sustained long term knee injuries in the last 3 weeks and they look like shit without width. Basically it's been Maniche taking long shots and their good start has stagnated the last few weeks. They seem to be printing their own money there to try to get into the CL and I could see them going after SWP. Chelsea would probably not want to sell him to realistic candidates in the Prem and if you're going to leave London, Madrid doesn't seem too bad an option.

Not so sure either that Milner would come if we got SWP as well

Where is Laursen?

And surely we'd want different options up front, they are all light weight guys physcially you have mentioned out of the four strikers, which is not really in keeping with MON style. Think we need a mix there.

Luke Young maybe an option at right back

The ideal and plausible team post January 07:

GK: Sorensen

DL: Bridge

DR: M.Richards

DC: Mellberg

DC: Ridgewell

ML: Barry

MR: Wright Phillips

MC: Diop

MC: Petrov

SC: Moore

SC: Defoe

Bench:

Taylor

Bouma / Hughes

McCann

Davis / Milner

Agbonlahor / Angel

Sell:

Baros, Hendrie, DJ DJ, Samuel

All possible changes in my opinion. Only problem is the team probably wouldn't gel straight away. If MO'N spread these signings out over Jan and the summer then I'd be pretty chuffed.

Can't imagine there won't be a target man upfront. I don't think Moore and Defoe would work as a stike pairing.