Confirmed: Brett Holman from AZ.

Oaks

One has to wonder why we didn’t bite the bullet and pay for him in January...

1. AZ is competing for the title in the Netherlands and a spot in the champions league

2. Most have suggested it will take him time to adapt to the Premier League so would likely be off the pace now anyways

I'm eager to see how he will handle the Premier League but personally from AZ I would have preferred Maher, Altidore, Moisander or Elm

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

due to settling in issues would probably by 80 pages on how crap he is. Allow a little positivity first :P

We might've tried, or maybe we didn't, but I think he'd still want to finish this season at AZ. I doubt he'd leave now, knowing they might win the dutch league. Weren't they still in Europe too at that time?

And then there's always the probability that we hadn't seen him play at that time and weren't considering him at all.

But God knows we could do with him atm.

I don't want to go off topic and start talking about tonights game, im sure the match itself should be in a other football thread. But on Brett, I've tuned in simply to watch the guy, but valencia are so dominant i think it would be unfair to rate his performance.

the whole AZ team have been anonymous.

Whereas Valencia have had most of the possession AZ have started coming back into it but Holman's not doing much. He's had a few bad first touches too. He's held back on the last couple of attacks too, so either he plays deeper than I thought he did or he's having trouble motivating himself in the first half. Not very impressive so far in this game.

Keep the updates coming please as I'm not switching The Masters off for 4 days

In that case you need some pro plus kid :D

As i said mate, thus far its men against boys, AZ are being raped.

As such its difficult to rate Brett because they simply haven't had the ball.

Whereas Valencia have had most of the possession AZ have started coming back into it but Holman's not doing much. He's had a few bad first touches too. He's held back on the last couple of attacks too, so either he plays deeper than I thought he did or he's having trouble motivating himself in the first half. Not very impressive so far in this game.

No disrespect mate but i think that's unfair. Valencia are imo just far superior.

Difficult to judge imo

No disrespect mate but i think that's unfair. Valencia are imo just far superior.

Difficult to judge imo

They're the better team, but it's not like AZ haven't had the ball at all. They've started coming back into the game more. The whole team aren't playing particularly well, it's not just Holman. Just describing what I've seen from him so far, I don't think anyone is going to judge him based on 45 minutes of football. Although this is VT :winkold:

Difficult to judge imo

They're the better team, but it's not like AZ haven't had the ball at all. They've started coming back into the game more. The whole team aren't playing particularly well, it's not just Holman. Just describing what I've seen from him so far, I don't think anyone is going to judge him based on 45 minutes of football. Although this is VT :winkold:

Im sure they won't :D

CI asked the question ' what position is he playing?' we gave different answers, but in hindsight i think we are both correct, if thats possible.

He clearly started on the left of a front three. however, such is valencias dominance he is dropping very deep, almost midfield. dare i say like gabby this year?

Agreed av1. I missed the first 5 minutes of the game so you're probably right, he probably was supposed to be up the field more but he's dropping deeper into the middle of the park. Hell, he was back in his own box defending right before halftime and nearly gave away a penalty. It was a dive though, Holman wasn't to blame.