coda

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And the shit show continues 

Its hilarious how bad they are.

Next up spurs away 😂

I'm not sure what the optimal result would be for Villa. I want Spurs reeled in, but also want Chelsea to stay adrift. Maybe 0-0?

20 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

They’ll probably buy a few extra managers to make sure there’s enough competition in that position.

Sound eminently sensible - for Chelsea 👍

17 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm not sure what the optimal result would be for Villa. I want Spurs reeled in, but also want Chelsea to stay adrift. Maybe 0-0?

Yeah a draw wouldnt be bad but tbh. But i think a loss for spurs and thats when cracks start appearing 

But then a chelsea win vs spurs could reignite chelseas season. Be a turning point

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We go 10 clear of Chelsea with a win tomorrow. Also play Forest before they play Spurs.

I'd be o.k with a Chelsea win as they're quite a way from us. Really need a result to halt Spurs momentum soon.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But then a chelsea win vs spurs could reignite chelseas season. Be a turning point

Their next 3 after that are Man City, Newcastle and Brighton. Even if they get a win at Spurs, which I think is possible, I don't see them going on a run afterwards.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah a draw wouldnt be bad but tbh. But i think a loss for spurs and thats when cracks start appearing 

The famous Chelsea turning point. Must have had 7 already this season

• Haha 4

At the beginning of the season I had a considerable bet with my brother in law that we would finish above his Chelsea. 

He thought he was goading me into the bet cos he has spent the last decade making fun of the emotional ruin Villa left me in.

However I honestly took the bet because I felt we could finish above them no problems, and so it seems so far.

Please, please can we beat Luton and make it a 10 point gap!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

At the beginning of the season I had a considerable bet with my brother in law that we would finish above his Chelsea. 

He thought he was goading me into the bet cos he has spent the last decade making fun of the emotional ruin Villa left me in.

However I honestly took the bet because I felt we could finish above them no problems, and so it seems so far.

Please, please can we beat Luton and make it a 10 point gap!

I made same bet with my mate ans he was exactly like your brother in law

I mean they still can pending on how we do with europe and injuries etc. 

5 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Their next 3 after that are Man City, Newcastle and Brighton. Even if they get a win at Spurs, which I think is possible, I don't see them going on a run afterwards.

Jesus, that's a horror run of games for Chelsea. I just don't think their players have it in them to get much out of those games. 

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I was thinking we'd finish above Chelsea and Spurs but Spurs are annoyingly good under Ange and without Kane being the focal point. Signing Maddison for 40m was great business. Bentancur back in the team now will be massive for them heading into the Christmas schedule. Maybe they'll hit a snag though. Hopefully they hit a snag.

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Definitely agree, I'm not cheering the win yet but I'd be happy with a 10 point buffer this early in the season 😁

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

I was thinking we'd finish above Chelsea and Spurs but Spurs are annoyingly good under Ange and without Kane being the focal point. Signing Maddison for 40m was great business. Bentancur back in the team now will be massive for them heading into the Christmas schedule. Maybe they'll hit a snag though. Hopefully they hit a snag.

Aside from playing Liverpool & Arsenal, Spurs have had a very easy start. They've played 6 of the bottom 8 and there've been moments in most of those games where it could have gone either way. They're riding the crest of a wave at the moment but their next 6 fixtures are much tougher. If they've not dropped a few places by Xmas I'll be very impressed. 

• Like 1

Â