• Petrov
    • Gardner
    • Bent
    • Heskey
    • Keane
    • N'Zogbia (for Heskey 69)
    • Ireland (for Albrighton 77)
    • Baker (for Dunne)

Poor team selection from the outset. No N'Zogbia and Ireland should have played, this discipline problem should have been dealt with and then forgotten, dropping them was to the detriment of the team today. 85 mins we were garbage. Cuellar has a good game at left back, rest were just average/poor.

I'm speechless Woody. I honestly can't believe you're trying to defend that.

Im not defending it - as Ive put I would rather lose 6 or 7 and have a go.

But I see no reason to twist what he said and he definately didnt say we should only attack once weve lost a goal.

That is exactly what he said, I have just watched it again.

He said....

'We could take chances -( near the end)-as City were sitting back trying to defend their lead, had we done that before we risked being ripped apart '

Therefore, 'we couldn't attack until they scored' - which amazingly is exactly the philosophy so many people have been complaining he has.

And was borne out by the way we set up and played.

Is it too much to ask to just...have a go?

Like most fans, I'm not in favour of protests etc. But today has proved to me, unequivocally, that we are doomed under Alex McLeish. I kept clinging to the vague hope that things might begin to change, that if we all just show a bit more patience he'll somehow get a system in place and start getting the fans onside. But it will NEVER happen. He is a stubborn, deluded, footballing dinosaur and I'm beginning to physically hate the man.

City were under big pressure to win today with Utd going back on top yesterday. We were the huge underdogs with really nothing to lose. All the Villa fans want is to have a go, for the manager to show just an ounce of belief in his team. Instead we were predictably set up for a 0-0. You just know Eck was delighted at half time hence why nothing changed whatsoever going into the 2nd half. It was painfully obvious that it was only going to be a matter of time before City scored and when they did we seemed content to keep it at a respectable 1-0.

We are without a shred of confidence or ambition on the pitch and at times are seemingly lacking in the most basic technical ability. In possession, we give the ball away in the sloppiest manner all the **** time. When defending, we look nervous as hell.

Playing Heskey in midfield is beyond a joke. Its **** embarrassing. Hutton is an abomination of a right-back. Dunne is past it, Collins nothing but a lump. Albrighton will join the likes of Gardner, Ridgewell and Luke Moore as a graduate of our average at best, Premier league also-rans academy. And Bent might as well be sitting in the Aston Social for 90 minutes for all the service he's getting.

Some people will look at this result and say a 1-0 loss to the best team in the league is no disgrace. I say bullshit. We could've won today. City were comfortable only because we made it so easy for them and offered absolutely no opposition. But we didn't even try, we didn't have a clue.

I'm sick to death of hearing that Villa fans are being out of order to McLeish, that the only reason he is disliked is because of his connections to the other lot. I reckon 99% of Villa fans would take Chris Hughton tomorrow given the chance. It has NOTHING to do with his time at Blues and EVERYTHING to do with his despicable anti-football mentality.

It gets said every week but thank Christ for Wigan, Wolves and Blackburn.

But I see no reason to twist what he said and he definately didnt say we should only attack once weve lost a goal.

Yet that was the plan

Is it too much to ask to just...have a go?

Like most fans, I'm not in favour of protests etc. But today has proved to me, unequivocally, that we are doomed under Alex McLeish. I kept clinging to the vague hope that things might begin to change, that if we all just show a bit more patience he'll somehow get a system in place and start getting the fans onside. But it will NEVER happen. He is a stubborn, deluded, footballing dinosaur and I'm beginning to physically hate the man.

City were under big pressure to win today with Utd going back on top yesterday. We were the huge underdogs with really nothing to lose. All the Villa fans want is to have a go, for the manager to show just an ounce of belief in his team. Instead we were predictably set up for a 0-0. You just know Eck was delighted at half time hence why nothing changed whatsoever going into the 2nd half. It was painfully obvious that it was only going to be a matter of time before City scored and when they did we seemed content to keep it at a respectable 1-0.

We are without a shred of confidence or ambition on the pitch and at times are seemingly lacking in the most basic technical ability. In possession, we give the ball away in the sloppiest manner all the **** time. When defending, we look nervous as hell.

Playing Heskey in midfield is beyond a joke. Its **** embarrassing. Hutton is an abomination of a right-back. Dunne is past it, Collins nothing but a lump. Albrighton will join the likes of Gardner, Ridgewell and Luke Moore as a graduate of our average at best, Premier league also-rans academy. And Bent might as well be sitting in the Aston Social for 90 minutes for all the service he's getting.

Some people will look at this result and say a 1-0 loss to the best team in the league is no disgrace. I say bullshit. We could've won today. City were comfortable only because we made it so easy for them and offered absolutely no opposition. But we didn't even try, we didn't have a clue.

I'm sick to death of hearing that Villa fans are being out of order to McLeish, that the only reason he is disliked is because of his connections to the other lot. I reckon 99% of Villa fans would take Chris Hughton tomorrow given the chance. It has NOTHING to do with his time at Blues and EVERYTHING to do with his despicable anti-football mentality.

It gets said every week but thank Christ for Wigan, Wolves and Blackburn.

Spot on, excellent post. What must it be like for CNZ and Ireland, both of whom are confidence players, when Heskey is picked ahead of them in midfield?

Who-ever said we were turning into the SHA was bang on. At HOME we as fans and paying their wages need more! Cuellar for me had a great game, Gardner had a good game for a 19 year old kid. Why the Hell Heskey was picked above the likes of Ireland and N'Zogbia was above me!

Above all that we had Ashley Young, Martin O'Neil, plus many other player/managers/board members in the crowd, not to forget Barry/Milner and Villa fan Lescot on the pitch, Yet we could not string any more than 2 passes before hitting a long ball back to Man City.

Is it just me! or is Petrov a hassard for Villa, He is not captain material especialy with all the negative back passes to Collins or Dunne to HOOF it back in to NO-MANS-LAND .

I thought we might get a result today but after 45 Min's i wished i stayed at HOME!

Yet that was the plan

No that was the outcome. The plan was not to concede

contained city for 45mins then like a splinter in your ass..a basic corner to defend, after that we showed nothing going forward,every player was scared of the ball,big praise to gardner,the boy tried & thats good enough for me..AM OUT

Yet that was the plan

No that was the outcome. The plan was not to concede

How can you hold off 10 attacking players who are top of the league against a Villa defence that are prone too letting in goals?

I was bullied in school (a long time ago) I FOUND THE BEST FORM OFF DEFFENCE WAS NOT TO RUN AWAY, CONFRONT THE BASTARD AND HE WILL BACK DOWN!

I WIN! Goodnight

Â