• Petrov
    • Gardner
    • Bent
    • Heskey
    • Keane
    • N'Zogbia (for Heskey 69)
    • Ireland (for Albrighton 77)
    • Baker (for Dunne)

Carlos was tight to his man all night. If Dunne is injured as I suspect though he will be moved back into the centre and he can't mark two men at every corner. Collins is a shocking man marker

Yet Carlos is the man who missed Barry at the back post.

How can you hold off 10 attacking players who are top of the league against a Villa defence that are prone too letting in goals?

See Aston Villa v MAn City 12/2/12 - 4pm ko and minus the moment where James Collins loses Joleon Lescott.

Carlos was tight to his man all night. If Dunne is injured as I suspect though he will be moved back into the centre and he can't mark two men at every corner. Collins is a shocking man marker

Harsh. Collins followed the ball to the back post and left Lescott all on his own. Amateur.

I'm speechless Woody. I honestly can't believe you're trying to defend that.

Im not defending it - as Ive put I would rather lose 6 or 7 and have a go.

But I see no reason to twist what he said and he definately didnt say we should only attack once weve lost a goal.

Which one are you? Randy, Faulkner, McTool or Grant??

NO!!!!!!! Carlos was playing his roll, the long corner just happend to find Barry(who got lucky) Carlos was in the right place marking (?)

Just seen the 'Eck interview on BBC website. Interviewer talking about his Blues connections as a reason the fans don't like him. When will the media realise its him and his 'tactics', not the blue connection. Want proof? Hands up who would gladly take Chris Hughton? Exactly. We all would. Maybe even Steve Bruce! ;-)

How can you hold off 10 attacking players who are top of the league against a Villa defence that are prone too letting in goals?

See Aston Villa v MAn City 12/2/12 - 4pm ko and minus the moment where James Collins loses Joleon Lescott.

That was my point "U cant" (was tempted to stick another U in there)

NO!!!!!!! Carlos was playing his roll, the long corner just happend to find Barry(who got lucky) Carlos was in the right place marking (?)

Just happened to find Barry? He made a great run, anticipated the ball well while Cuellar didnt follow him in time. Yes Collins shouldve stayed in the middle but im guessing he tried covering for Carlos. But this is the problem though, we dont work as a team. Its so clueless, they cant even man mark ffs

Well u can. They just didnt.

Just happened to find Barry? He made a great run, anticipated the ball well while Cuellar didnt follow him in time. Yes Collins shouldve stayed in the middle but im guessing he tried covering for Carlos. But this is the problem though, we dont work as a team. Its so clueless, they cant even man mark ffs

Trying to cover for Carlos, my god! Collins was 100% at fault for that goal!

The defending at the corner was crap from both Collins and Cuellar, they were both attracted to the ball, perhaps more Collins that Carlos, but Carlos should have read the situation and made sure he won the ball. He didn't, they lose Lescott and Man City win the game. The only thing he did wrong in the whole game but it costs us the goal. Alex McLeish is comedy gold. His interviews are outstandingly contrary to what is actually happening on the pitch.

I hate Collins but youre way off mate.....

Trying to cover for Carlos, my god! Collins was 100% at fault for that goal!

Well u can. They just didnt.

Because they can't. Every single time we have tried to play that way against one of the bigger teams we have either been anally raped or gone down with the soft whimper of a prepubescent private-school child bought before the headmaster.

On the few occasions he bowed to pressure and we did have a go, namely the games against Arsenal and Chelsea, we've given a good showing. He doesn't have the bollocks to do this week in week out. Today was yet another lesson in just how low he has dragged our expectations. Despite the players we have and their proven ability I'm no longer shocked they didn't turn up. I'm simply bored to death by it.

We are small heath, without their jammy bastard luck. They still went down. We still could.

Back from the game. Lost again. Oh well, at least we didn't get arse raped!

However, 2 things baffle me (well probably lots of things do actually but I'll just stick to the 2):

1. Why on earth did McLeish start with Heskey when we clearly needed someone like N'Zogbia to run at Man City and create some problems (which he did when he came on).

and, this is the most baffling;

2. at 1-0 down with only a few minutes to go why, why, why did McLeish bring on a centre half to replace Richard Dunne? We had to attack, we had nothing to lose so he should have brought on an attacking player yet the fool went like for like and stuck with a 4 man defence!!

Oh he beggars belief he really does.

2. at 1-0 down with only a few minutes to go why, why, why did McLeish bring on a centre half to replace Richard Dunne? We had to attack, we had nothing to lose so he should have brought on an attacking player yet the fool went like for like and stuck with a 4 man defence!!

I think he wanted the extra height in there to do what Dunne was doing in attacking crosses in the box.

Â