• Petrov
    • Gardner
    • Bent
    • Heskey
    • Keane
    • N'Zogbia (for Heskey 69)
    • Ireland (for Albrighton 77)
    • Baker (for Dunne)

Cant believe how robbie keane has escaped so much criticism here, was quick to praise him when he did well but thought he was one of the worst yesterday and was shocked he was not replaced by Ireland or inzogbia,

he wasnt interested yesterday without the likes of inzogbia and ireland to run off him, hes an experienced player,

whilst i didnt think Gardener was great, he was offered no protection from keane, Keane should of had the sense to drop deeper at stages but just wasnt bothered, constantly flicked the ball onto no one and slapping his hands off his hips,

Bent is an out and out striker so i dont feel this was his role, but I felt keane should of played a role similar to that Ireland did against Chelsea supporting the midfield,

Thought heskey did ok and tried hard, albrighton was feeding off scraps, and a goal for carlos would of rounded off a solid performace by him

too many long balls from the back but I blame the gaffer for this as he kept the footballers on the bench for this one,

Bringing on a sub with 2 mins to go losing 1-0 ?????

Find him a complete contradiction, hes on a job preservation mission with words and not by collecting points which I would be far happier with.

He says everything he can to make himself look good, how was he happy with that performance?Why does he say he put events with Ireland and Inzog behind him and then drop them?

The man isnt fooling anyone.

Mcleishs

Despite being a ST holder (2x) I passed on this game as I'm down on the south coast for week. I could have arranged my break differently to take in the game but these days I can't be arsed given the dross served up at VP. Sounds like I missed very little and I made the right call.

As ever we struggle to convert chances and concede sloppy goals and we slip ever nearer the drop zone. This season now has enormous **** up by Lerner and Faulkner written all over it.

Is it too much to ask to just...have a go?

Like most fans, I'm not in favour of protests etc. But today has proved to me, unequivocally, that we are doomed under Alex McLeish. I kept clinging to the vague hope that things might begin to change, that if we all just show a bit more patience he'll somehow get a system in place and start getting the fans onside. But it will NEVER happen. He is a stubborn, deluded, footballing dinosaur and I'm beginning to physically hate the man.

City were under big pressure to win today with Utd going back on top yesterday. We were the huge underdogs with really nothing to lose. All the Villa fans want is to have a go, for the manager to show just an ounce of belief in his team. Instead we were predictably set up for a 0-0. You just know Eck was delighted at half time hence why nothing changed whatsoever going into the 2nd half. It was painfully obvious that it was only going to be a matter of time before City scored and when they did we seemed content to keep it at a respectable 1-0.

We are without a shred of confidence or ambition on the pitch and at times are seemingly lacking in the most basic technical ability. In possession, we give the ball away in the sloppiest manner all the **** time. When defending, we look nervous as hell.

Playing Heskey in midfield is beyond a joke. Its **** embarrassing. Hutton is an abomination of a right-back. Dunne is past it, Collins nothing but a lump. Albrighton will join the likes of Gardner, Ridgewell and Luke Moore as a graduate of our average at best, Premier league also-rans academy. And Bent might as well be sitting in the Aston Social for 90 minutes for all the service he's getting.

Some people will look at this result and say a 1-0 loss to the best team in the league is no disgrace. I say bullshit. We could've won today. City were comfortable only because we made it so easy for them and offered absolutely no opposition. But we didn't even try, we didn't have a clue.

I'm sick to death of hearing that Villa fans are being out of order to McLeish, that the only reason he is disliked is because of his connections to the other lot. I reckon 99% of Villa fans would take Chris Hughton tomorrow given the chance. It has NOTHING to do with his time at Blues and EVERYTHING to do with his despicable anti-football mentality.

It gets said every week but thank Christ for Wigan, Wolves and Blackburn.

exactly - saved me typing it!!

Really poor game for us

Never looked like threatening until two attacks in the last ten minutes

Really comfortable for Citeh and amazing that even though we had a makeshift left back they decided to direct most of their attacks down our right flank, and looked really dangerous in doing so, thanks to the woeful Hutton and a bizzare decision to have Heskey playing as a right midfielder and Albrighton on the left

Keane looked out of it yesterday for me although I did feel sorry for him as he is supposed to be the link man but ended up trying to cover both wings and be in attack at the same time, he could not be everywhere and consequently the space between our midfield line and our forward line was huge. Bent had to try and get back and win the ball to then take on 4 defenders and score, never going to happen

We will be relegated under this clown and to be honest the look on Faulkner's face when I saw him there seems to be a sudden realisation of that, he did not look happy

I'd agree with your last paragraph there Richard, I think we are sliding towards disaster. I just don't subscribe to the argument that there are three worse sides than us. We look like soft touch these days and that will not be lost on those 'worse' sides below us

Was it a male or female streaker ?

Unfortunately it was a male. Had it been a female it is arguable whether the Stewards would have dared jump on the individual and risk touching her woman bits so we may have had a longer session of 'Home' entertainment.

What was the attendance yesterday and did Ciry bring the full 5000?

they didnt have that many but it looked like they sold out, they were really quiet until they scored and werent that loud after either

rocket polishers still stroll round outside making plenty of noise though, i dont know any other fans like them, always at the bottom of the holte gobbing off

Â