• Petrov
    • Gardner
    • Bent
    • Heskey
    • Keane
    • N'Zogbia (for Heskey 69)
    • Ireland (for Albrighton 77)
    • Baker (for Dunne)

We have very few quality players at the club.

We left two of the them on the bench.

We got better when they came on.

Of course the reason we're 15th and not 6th is because we've sold our best players and bought dross, but when you don't play what you do have at your disposal, you've got no chance.

Other than the time of conceding, that game was very reminiscent of the home game against Man Utd. At no point did we look competitive, or look like anything other than a team waiting to lose. Zero attacking impetus, a near-total lack speed or movement. There was just nothing. Notably, 5 of the 10 outfield players were different to those in the Man Utd game, but the performance was identical - showing this is clearly down to McLeish and not the players we have.

The central midfield were either over-run when they had the ball (most of the time) or by-passed when we had it. Defence was mostly fairly resiliant - Given didn't have to make many saves - but likes of Silva and Aguero found space at will. Bent and Keane weren't in the game (I'd be interested to see how many touches each had - bet they both struggled to get 20), while the wingers McLeish picked were wrong and he took way too long to correct it - should have been pro-active substitutions at half time rather than reactive substitutions when we (inevitably) go behind.

I'd almost rather we were thrashed today, as at least it would put more pressure on the manager. There is no positivity in the club with him in charge and the 'silent majority' he was talking about in the press must be referring to the majority of people going to Villa Park who are numbed to silence by the sheer lack of anything good on offer from the home side.

Next few games against the teams below us will determine if we are in a relegation battle or just lower-mid-table obscurity. Either way this season has been a total waste.

i honestly cannot believe our managers stupidity...

he dumps our two most creative players on the bench because they are either too cocky or depressed and replaces them with defensive cloggers like Albrighton and Heskey.......

then after we are inevitably losing he expects them to go and win the game for him....oh the irony.....

"your too cheeky and arrogant to start the games lads but not to try and get us a goal in the last 15 mins and save my job"

clearing in the woods **** off McLeish

We were lucky to have a chance for a draw at the end. We were unlucky not to actually manage the draw.

Mancini makes a defensive sub (Richards for Silva) in extra time in order to preserve the one point lead.... can't say I would have predicted that.

Pleasing to see Gardner starting and Warnock dropped. However, a lack of invention going forward is worrying but makes a little sense given the opposition and it could have been 1-1 for not Hart's save against Bent and Carlos missing a free header. Would people be more content if we went for the game and lost 5-0?

But maybe we wouldn't have lost 5-0? maybe if we had tried to win the game... we might have won the game! But setting up to play negative defensive bullshit for 80 minutes gave us zero chance. It was only once we were behind that we even tried to play football. This is exactly how his blues team played last year and we know how that ended!

15th place. Longest streak without winning at Villa park for 20 years. Clueless manager.

We had chances to score when we attacked but playing defensive counter attacking against Man City makes sense - MON did the exact same thing when Sunderland beat them (with an offside goal). Our inability to defend set pieces and deal with David Silva cost us. No we shouldn't have sat deep for 80 minutes but it's a game we all expected to lose - the manner of it isn't fun. But lets be realistic the bigger games are coming up. Luckily they are away.

We didn't play 'defensive counter attacking' football !!!!

We simply defended- even after they went in front.

And sorry, 'we all expected to lose' - only because of MC !

Pleasing to see Gardner starting and Warnock dropped. However, a lack of invention going forward is worrying but makes a little sense given the opposition and it could have been 1-1 for not Hart's save against Bent and Carlos missing a free header. Would people be more content if we went for the game and lost 5-0?

But maybe we wouldn't have lost 5-0? maybe if we had tried to win the game... we might have won the game! But setting up to play negative defensive bullshit for 80 minutes gave us zero chance. It was only once we were behind that we even tried to play football. This is exactly how his blues team played last year and we know how that ended!

15th place. Longest streak without winning at Villa park for 20 years. Clueless manager.

We had chances to score when we attacked but playing defensive counter attacking against Man City makes sense - MON did the exact same thing when Sunderland beat them (with an offside goal). Our inability to defend set pieces and deal with David Silva cost us. No we shouldn't have sat deep for 80 minutes but it's a game we all expected to lose - the manner of it isn't fun. But lets be realistic the bigger games are coming up. Luckily they are away.

We didn't play counter attacking. We played merely defensive. For those first 80 minutes we didn't look like we even knew where their goal was let alone trouble Hart. If we had played counter attacking then it wouldn't have been so bad. We didn't.

That is right up there with the Spurs game for utterly poor crap.

You are correct though, the next four games have now become incredibly important.

I'm so angry.

We either have no tactics or hoof it tactics. We need the midfield to put their foot on the ball and play it. Bannan, Ireland and N'Zogbia can do that. Petrov can't cope with any team that plays 3 in the middle, let alone the league leaders.

I blame 'Eck 100%. He picks the team, he (presumably) sets them up to play a certain way. We play the wrong players in the wrong positions with the wrong tactics.

I would love to manage the team. Petrov, Collins, Heskey, Warnock, Hutton, Dunne would be out on the streets within 5 minutes. They don't offer anything to the team, other than to bleed the accounts dry.

If say, a Jose Mourinho team was 1-0 down, but on top 4 minutes into injury time.... would he have put Baker on, or would he have put Weimann or Bannan on. Sums 'Eck up perfectly. Don't lose, even at1-0 down in the 94th minute. Whats the worse that would have happened? 2-0? Shocker? or maybe an equaliser?

Get Out Of My Club.

Classic McLeish in the post match interview. Apparently it's not fair to expect us to attack Man City before they scored.

Thats not what he was saying tho was it. He was saying if they tried to attack throughout the game they would get ripped apart, which is fairly plausible since it could have been 6 or 7 and we only attacked for 3 minutes.

That said Id rather lose 6 or 7 nil and have a go. I suppose its not my job on the line.

Classic McLeish in the post match interview. Apparently it's not fair to expect us to attack Man City before they scored.

Interviewer: "how do you stop this worst record a VP for 20 years?"

AMc: "Simple, win the next match!"

Interviewer: "How do you win the next match?"

AMc; "Erm....erm...."

:oops:

I'm speechless Woody. I honestly can't believe you're trying to defend that.

Im not defending it - as Ive put I would rather lose 6 or 7 and have a go.

But I see no reason to twist what he said and he definately didnt say we should only attack once weve lost a goal.

Â