London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

One more gold today (which is very possible) and we'll probably go 3rd in the medal table (depending on if South Korea and/or others win any more golds today). "Best of the Rest" which is as good as can be expected in the games.

Great stuff so far!

The sprint cycling is fantastic to watch. Definitely the most exciting thing I've seen in the Olympics so far. I was gutted for Pendleton & her mate last night. A definite gold medal denied by a technical rule breach that in reality wouldn't have changed the result. And then the same thing happens the Chinese in the final, giving the gold to the 3rd fastest team. Them's the rules but man it's harsh.

Really the likes of USA, China, Japan, Russia, France and Germany should be at the top. The size of them (and population) makes it easier to get athletes. There are probably more you could arguably add to that list too. Anywhere near them and I would say it's a success. We're doing very well at the moment to be within touching distance of them.

Another bronze in the rowing just then from Campbell.

Jess Ennis is a hell of an athlete. The modern, female equivalent of Daley Thompson.

The long jump will win or lose her the gold. Her jumps this year have been very sporadic. She equaled her best in (Gotzis) but she has struggled to hit the board consistently this year.

She;s looking a bit dodgy in the high jump. Cleared her first, but then failed her first jump at 1.80 ad cleared second time, but clattered the bar with her head on the way

I thought the javelin was Eniss's weak event. She's been training with Mick Hill, Steve Backley must be busy.

It's her weakest event but she knows this. The long jump is the big danger event. There's only three tries and her performances this year have ranged from around the 6.20m mark to the excellent 6.51. There's a lot of points to be lost if she can only achieve the former.

Â