Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What worries me is Spurs have gone right off the boil and face Bolton and QPR as well as us. Chelsea will also have all eyes on the CL final as the league is irrelevant for them now as stated elsewhere and they have QPR Saturday which QPR will be right up for.

How is the league irrelevant to Chelsea. Unless I've missed something if they lose in the final they need top four to qualify next year. Bayern Munich in their backyard is not going to be easy.

Ok irrelevant may be the wrong word and I agree Bayern won't be easy but it's probably their better chance given Newcastle's form. They'll be protecting Lampard, Essien, Cahill & Luiz given the suspensions for the final.

What worries me is Spurs have gone right off the boil and face Bolton and QPR as well as us. Chelsea will also have all eyes on the CL final as the league is irrelevant for them now as stated elsewhere and they have QPR Saturday which QPR will be right up for.

Spurs have already played QPR twice.

Spurs have already played QPR twice.

Quite right sir, I meant Blackburn. D'oh

I reckon we will get 1 more win and 2 draws

Our best chance to get 6 points (and at the very least 4) was at home to Sunderland and Bolton.

We achieved 1 paltry point from these 2 fixtures (and that was only because Sunderland had a perfectly good goal ruled offside) so on what basis do you think we will achieve 5 points from our remaining games against:

Albion (a)

Spurs (h)

Norwich (a)

???????????

I think we will get at least a point from the Spurs game, they are there for the taking. Norwich I also believe we'll get some points.

To be fair, Sunderland (with nothing to play for) and Bolton (with a weakened team) were both there for the taking but we screwed up there didn't we!

I think we will get at least a point from the Spurs game, they are there for the taking. Norwich I also believe we'll get some points.

To be fair, Sunderland (with nothing to play for) and Bolton (with a weakened team) were both there for the taking but we screwed up there didn't we!

True, but we are overdue a completely random out of the blue victory we usually get even under McLeish. Norwich were absolutely dogshite against us in the reverse fixture so I hope for more of the same.

True, but we are overdue a completely random out of the blue victory we usually get even under McLeish. Norwich were absolutely dogshite against us in the reverse fixture so I hope for more of the same.

We all live in hope. If it is 'fingers crossed' time then perhaps hoping that two teams out of Wigan, Bolton, QPR and Blackburn have an absolute nightmare finale to the season because placing any hope on the Villa under the stewardship of McLeish has proved to be futile and depressing.

I really really don't want to rely on a win on the last day of the season to keep us up.

We need to win at West Brom, full stop.

Yeah, but Gabby was in form on the wing terrorising fullbacks with his pace, and Bent was fit...

I think this weekends games will confirm everything. Our relegation or survival. Not matematically, but pretty much as close to that as possible. Win against West Brom then there is no way Blackburn can catch us and QPR would then need maximum points from their remaning games to overtake.

Lose and well, even Bickster will accept Championship football next season.

I think this weekends games will confirm everything. Our relegation or survival. Not matematically, but pretty much as close to that as possible. Win against West Brom then there is no way Blackburn can catch us and QPR would then need maximum points from their remaning games to overtake.

It depends on Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn & QPR's results.

Conceivably all could lose this weekend.

The most shocking thing I have heard in the last few days is "It is still in our hands" really depressing statement that from the manager
The even more scary thing is that it's slipping out of our hands. If absolutely all the results went the wrong way (we lose to Albion and Spurs/Bolton beat Sunderland, Spurs and West Brom/QPR beat Chelsea and Stoke/Wigan beat Newcastle and Blackburn) we could be relegated by 6 May with only pride to play for against Norwich.

That useless **** of a manager should never have got us into this situation. The odd extra point here or there would have had us well safe by now.

Nothing less than a win at Albion will do in my book.

I agree V!

I am as upset as anyone about the situation at Villa Park but I just really hope we show our class as fans and continue to get right behind the players when they need it most. McLeish is obviously still going to be in charge and if we as fans focus our efforts on hating him during games it's only going to have an adverse effect on the team.

Quite frankly, we'll have all summer to mope about and accept relegation if we do go down so we might as well do all we can for 3 games, as hard as I know it may be. Otherwise, with all the other teams fighting for their lives (Blackburn aside possibly), fan backing will be yet another advantage the teams below us have.

I know some are saying they'd rather go down and start over, but I wouldn't be so confident we'd come straight back up. The Championship is a tough league and we could find ourselves there for a good few years. That's not a risk I'd fancy taking.