Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Personally I didn't think that on Sunday, we looked any worse than we did against Arsenal away, Spurs away, Liverpool at home, Man U at home, Man City home and away etc etc... I for one am not going to use yesterday's game as the definitive sign we will be relegated. If we are, then we will undoubtedly deserve to, but you can't argue with the fact, that at present we are not one of the worst 3 teams in the league.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Man United supporting mate reckons we're the worst side that have turned up at Old Trafford this season. And they've played Aldershot and Otelul and beaten Arsenal 8-2. Here's what he had to say about the match and us in general

Bent is obviously a huge loss, I reckon you'd be sitting in about 12th place if he had been fit. For me it was the complete lack of 'fight' Villa showed. We have played some poor teams this season (Aldershot, Otelul) but they showed up and made it hard for us with a vastly inferior team to Villa's. If QPR survive they won't be in the dog fight next season, Reading will spend a shedload of their russian millions and if West Ham come up allardyce should have them comfortably in midtable ergo it will be a lot tougher next season. If McLeish is still in charge next august I shall be having a flutter on the Villa sadly.

Yeah I mentioned this a few pages back, we need QPR to go down. They have so much money they will strenghten and improve dramatically in the summer. If they stay up, and then spend they could be mid table.

Plus they have the London factor too which means that players will want to join them.

For this reason I want Blackburn and QPR to join Wolves in the Championship next season. If Wigan and Bolton survive I can not see those teams improving that much over summer.

QPR have a horrendous run-in. Spurs, Chelsea & Man City are 3 of their last 4. Away to City being their final day match. I think Bolton will stay up because they're home to Swansea and West Brom, 2 sides that are beatable because they have nothing to play for, even if they can be dangerous on their day. Adding away trips to Sunderland and Stoke is hardly the most difficult finish. You'd take that set of fixtures if you had to. 4 midtable sides. Throw in 2 'bonus' games against Villa & Spurs and I think Bolton could make our run-in interesting.

Bolton will I think get out of it. It will be 2 from Blackburn, QPR and us.

Bolton have lost their last 2 including a 3-0 home defeat to Fulham, who even we managed to beat so it's not a given that they have any results in them! I aslo think Wigan are still firmly in it.

I believe that the 3 who will go down will come from the current bottom 5. It's certainly not impossible for us to go down but it would require us to lose all our games and for 3 of the teams below us to put together a run. I wouldn't discount 1 or possibly 2 of them catching us but can't see 3 overalling us.

Reckon we'll finish 15th which is obviously better than being relegated but that's about it.

QPR have a horrendous run-in. Spurs, Chelsea & Man City are 3 of their last 4. Away to City being their final day match. I think Bolton will stay up because they're home to Swansea and West Brom, 2 sides that are beatable because they have nothing to play for, even if they can be dangerous on their day. Adding away trips to Sunderland and Stoke is hardly the most difficult finish. You'd take that set of fixtures if you had to. 4 midtable sides. Throw in 2 'bonus' games against Villa & Spurs and I think Bolton could make our run-in interesting.

Not sure interesting is the right word BOF :D

Bolton will I think get out of it. It will be 2 from Blackburn, QPR and us.

Bolton have lost their last 2 including a 3-0 home defeat to Fulham, who even we managed to beat so it's not a given that they have any results in them! I aslo think Wigan are still firmly in it.

I believe that the 3 who will go down will come from the current bottom 5. It's certainly not impossible for us to go down but it would require us to lose all our games and for 3 of the teams below us to put together a run. I wouldn't discount 1 or possibly 2 of them catching us but can't see 3 overalling us.

Reckon we'll finish 15th which is obviously better than being relegated but that's about it.

Am I missing something?

Aside from Bolton who have a game in hand and we are yet to play, they're all catching us at an identical rate. A point a game.

5 games, 4 points minus the Bolton mathematical nightmare. We are in serious shit. We have absolutely no fight in us whatsoever and a manager with a history of making a complete cock up of these situations.

To sum up, they ARE all putting some kind of run together. My arse is twitching like a good un.

QPR have good home form of late and should beat a deflated spurs side, they will win the other home game too which is far easier and Ci£y away on the last day, well the season will already be over for Ci£y so that could be an easy 3 points for Mark Hughes

I called it when the gap was 8 points to all of them, we're going down.

Never thought I would see it. Gutting to watch knowing it could have all been prevented.

Put the suicide tablets back in the bathroom cabinet and please relax. There are 2 teams who will definitley not catch Villa. Blackburn are 7 points behind with only 4 games left. And Wolves are even further behind. That leaves 1 place. Not all of Bolton, Wigan and QPR will make up the 5 point gap with only games left. And it is only a 5 point gap if Villa lose all their games. If villa draw, or actually win :shock: then it is an even bigger gap. This weekends set of results have saved us. So we send our thanks to west brom and swansea.

Am I missing something?

Yes, they didn't gain a single point on us this week at all

Ignoring Bolton for a min (whose games in hand are against us and Spurs)

Blackburn are already as good as down, they are seven points plus a huge goal difference (thats effectively 8 points) away from us with four games to play against Norwich (H), Spurs (A), Wigan (H) & Chelsea (A) - I cannot see them overhauling us even if we lose every game - relegated imo

Wigan are 4 points away from us, again with a huge goal difference in or favour, that's effectively 5 points away and they have games left against Arsenal (A), Fulham (A), Newcastle (H), Blackburn (A) & Wolves - I can see them staying up but not overtaking us

QPR are 4 points away from us with again a huge Goal difference in our favour (thats 5 points etc) and they have only four games left against - Spurs (H), Chelsea (A), Stoke (H) and Man City (A) - not going to overhaul us and severely in danger of going down as they may get bugger all from those games

Bolton may survive they may not, I doubt they'll overhaul us though

And all that assumes we'll get nothing from our remaining five games

I called it when the gap was 8 points to all of them, we're going down.

Never thought I would see it. Gutting to watch knowing it could have all been prevented.

you looked stupid then and you look stupid now

Am I missing something?

Yes, they didn't gain a single point on us this week at all

Ignoring Bolton for a min (whose games in hand are against us and Spurs)

Blackburn are already as good as down, they are seven points plus a huge goal difference (thats effectively 8 points) away from us with four games to play against Norwich (H), Spurs (A), Wigan (H) & Chelsea (A) - I cannot see them overhauling us even if we lose every game - relegated imo

Wigan are 4 points away from us, again with a huge goal difference in or favour, that's effectively 5 points away and they have games left against Arsenal (A), Fulham (A), Newcastle (H), Blackburn (A) & Wolves - I can see them staying up but not overtaking us

QPR are 4 points away from us with again a huge Goal difference in our favour (thats 5 points etc) and they have only four games left against - Spurs (H), Chelsea (A), Stoke (H) and Man City (A) - not going to overhaul us and severely in danger of going down as they may get bugger all from those games

Bolton may survive they may not, I doubt they'll overhaul us though

And all that assumes we'll get nothing from our remaining five games

Damn you and your well thought out and reasonable view point! It's time to start smashing skulls open and feasting on the goo inside! You're spoiling it for the doom sayers!