Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people say Aston Villa are boring, it is not just the style of play they are referring to, it is also the club itself. Not much happens, uninspiring players. Boring boring club, and unfortunately I have to agree with them. Apart from the MON years and the time in the 90s when the club were doing well, this has alwys been the case.

It may be true in "your time" but it is ridiculous to claim that apart from "MON years and the time in the 90's" that AVFC have "always" been boring. From the early 70's to early 80's we were one on the most exciting teams in modern times! I was there and it saddens me that younger fans have never experienced an exhilarating AVFC team like we had then! We havent "always" been boring.

When people say Aston Villa are boring, it is not just the style of play they are referring to, it is also the club itself. Not much happens, uninspiring players. Boring boring club, and unfortunately I have to agree with them. Apart from the MON years and the time in the 90s when the club were doing well, this has alwys been the case.

It may be true in "your time" but it is ridiculous to claim that apart from "MON years and the time in the 90's" that AVFC have "always" been boring. From the early 70's to early 80's we were one on the most exciting teams in modern times! I was there and it saddens me that younger fans have never experienced an exhilarating AVFC team like we had then! We havent "always" been boring.

You didnt read my previous post did you.

MikeMcKenna wrote:

Voinjama wrote:

Voinjama

You mentioned "always been the case"

Mike M is spot on. I give you seasons in my time

1975, 1977 (awesome team and season) 1981, 1982, 1988, 1989, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2007 to 2010

Your comments on Mellberg are incorrect. He was a hero no question because he embodied everything about AVFC

Suggest you start supporting Bayern

Look no further than the owners: we've been unlucky to have two incredibly low-brow, undynamic chairmen in a row. It's not the "club" that's at fault, it's the men running it. Doug and now Randy - mediocrity upon mediocrity. Two men not big/rich/clued up enough to realize the club's potential unfortunately.

Let's just get behind the team and stop looking for excuses...for now.

they'll be plenty of team to get on Mcleish, randy or whoever's back we like when the season's nearly over and we know our fate.

But if we don't get behind the players - properly and loudly, for the whole of our remaining games - we're as much to blame as anyone else in my view

MikeMcKenna wrote:

Voinjama wrote:

Voinjama

You mentioned "always been the case"

Mike M is spot on. I give you seasons in my time

1975, 1977 (awesome team and season) 1981, 1982, 1988, 1989, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2007 to 2010

Your comments on Mellberg are incorrect. He was a hero no question because he embodied everything about AVFC

Suggest you start supporting Bayern

I already support Bayern Munich, they are my foreign and local team. 15 euros entry and a great stadium. Seriously though I should have clarified when I said always been the case, I meant, always been the case since I started liking football.

Aren't Villa the 5th most succesful English club of all time? Yes, we are a little boring, blame that on the crap manager we have. In fact, McGregor 1888 is right, the two owners we've had are hopelessly inept at bringing the type of investment a club like Villa is really worth. Villa are the biggest club in a 200 mile radius (almost 200). Crap running of the club, and even crapper managerial appointments have held Villa back, bot now, and previously. Dean Saunders said it: Aston Villa are as big a club as Liverpool, they just don't know it".

Given that my love for Villa started in 1975, when I was 8, I have seen some really boring players: Mortimer, Cowans, Saunders, Yorke, Mellberg, Withe, Shaw, Atkinson, Daley, Walters, McNaught, Evans, Cropley, Townsend, Parker. Villa boring? What a load of bollocks. You're lucky to support such a big club. It's not our fault as fans that we have chairmen who don't know their arse from their elbow.

Villa are the biggest club in a 200 mile radius (almost 200).

Wut? You do realise Old Trafford is only 80 miles away, surely?

Villa are the biggest club in a 200 mile radius (almost 200).

Wut? You do realise Old Trafford is only 80 miles away, surely?

does the 200 miles include north west France as well as eastern Ireland.

I think you may have one zero too many in your estimate.

110 miles to London, 90 miles to Manchester. I said almost 200 miles, in fact I even placed the word almost in brackets to cover my argument. Manchester to London is 200 miles, Villa sit, roughly, in the middle of that oasis. If I have mixed up diameter and radius, I apologise, but my point still stands. :D

KHV You have been going to Villa Park as long as I have been alive. For some reason I presumed you were my age or late teens. I dont mean that in a disrespectful way, but it is just what I thought. So you have seen the club play a lot longer then me. Because I dont live in Birmingham I am always in contact with fans of other clubs and I agree other clubs fans want us to go down, but that is because we are boring and they say the club does not contribute anything to the league.

No worries

Yeah i have been going for a while. i was alive and kicking when we won the league and European cup but a bit too young at the time to remember. had my first season ticket when we won promotion but started going regularly when we were in division 2. The promotion season is still my favorite out of any following the club.

I think other fans dislike us because we still harp on about those days and think we are big enough to get back there but those days are long gone. houllier was right when he took over and said we are a 9th-12th club. a lot of fans disliked him for that but he was spot on. With the current manager we are a boring bottom 5 club. even john Barnes and Kevin keegan said on ESPN that we give the worst home performances they have ever seen.

You would take 12th? Our main man McLiesh would happily take 15th according to the Guardian today.

I personally would take 12th too. Whether we finnish 9th or 15th, it wont really matter much at all, seen from either a financial or moral point of view.

Neckarstadion is better than Allianz though, at least they have an atmosphere and standing and it only costs 15€ including local transport for 50 odd Kilometers around the ground too. Shame the team are so shite though. Sometimes play like a bunch of schoolgirls.

Bit like the current Villa team really.....

Time to get points as soon as possible, Get rid of the season. Have a serious rethink about how this is going to work. As it is, relegation will be a dead cert. If not this year, then next.

Part of thinks 17th would be the place we need to be......we avoid relegation and McLeish gets hammered. Any higher and he (and probably Lerner) will think he is a hero for what he's done this season and the press won't pay much attention to it as we aren't a favorite club and we haven't been relegated.

Obviously the other part of me wants to get as high as possible in the league.