Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would people take 17th this season the way things are going?

Yes. In fact 17th is the best position we can hope for, not shit enough to go down but hopefully shit enough for the board to Sack McLeish. I fear a mediocre/average finish, say ending up 12th-15th will see him definitely kept here.

Would people take 17th this season the way things are going?

Yes. In fact 17th is the best position we can hope for, not shit enough to go down but hopefully shit enough for the board to Sack McLeish. I fear a mediocre/average finish, say ending up 12th-15th will see him definitely kept here.

Yeh... I reckon I'd prefer a 17th finish than a late surge leaving us in mid-table for the same reason.

I think Chelsea fans have the luxury of being able to give Torres time its not like they are fighting to save their PL status or anything

We need our players to perform now and considering the amount of money they are being paid criticism is part of the job i'm afraid

I think Chelsea fans have the luxury of being able to give Torres time its not like they are fighting to save their PL status or anything

We need our players to perform now and considering the amount of money they are being paid criticism is part of the job i'm afraid

It's quite hard to perform to your best when the manager tells them to go out and protect their 0-0 lead

Do people know (or think) whether our players have relegation clauses in their contracts. Such as pay cuts or release clauses. Cos if they don't , and we go down, surely we are in big trouble financially.

Sorry if this is going old ground.

I fear for the sanity of this site come Easter Monday evening

I also wonder what the lads at Genting and Macron are making of this season and their investment with us

If the main sponsors/investors start complaining then the management will HAVE to act

I fear for the sanity of this site come Easter Monday evening

I also wonder what the lads at Genting and Macron are making of this season and their investment with us

If the main sponsors/investors start complaining then the management will HAVE to act

You'r right there,we wont win at Anfield and Crouch will murder us from corners.

CI I was thinking the same. I would assume most sponsorship deals have clauses in them, that say if the club is relegated the deal iss worth less, but if the club gets CL football the money goes up. However, due to us being the PL so long I wonder if Genting even thought of such clauses.

They surely aren't going to be happy to beassociated with such a shambles.

CI I was thinking the same. I would assume most sponsorship deals have clauses in them, that say if the club is relegated the deal iss worth less, but if the club gets CL football the money goes up. However, due to us being the PL so long I wonder if Genting even thought of such clauses.

Didn't our last sponsor FxPro bail on us because we were shit

I'm not so sure there'll be a mass exodus if we get relegated. Who is going to pay Dunne and Ireland, for example, the huge wages they're on? Given will have four years left at approx. £60k/week so I can't see him leaving. I can't remember who left Newcastle when they went down (Duff?) but a lot of their high earners stayed put. How we all laughed at Newcastle not putting relegation clauses in their players' contracts. :|

I'm not so sure there'll be a mass exodus if we get relegated. Who is going to pay Dunne and Ireland, for example, the huge wages they're on? Given will have four years left at approx. £60k/week so I can't see him leaving. I can't remember who left Newcastle when they went down (Duff?) but a lot of their high earners stayed put. How we all laughed at Newcastle not putting relegation clauses in their players' contracts. :|

Owen left - probs was a biggy.

Let's not forget that defender - what was his name, really good, quite a lot of money, now at Doncaster? Oh that's right, Beye!!!!

Didn't our last sponsor FxPro bail on us because we were shit

They decided fulham were a better horse to back and weren't they allowed to paint FXPro on the roof of a stand so exposure to heathrow traffic

Do people know (or think) whether our players have relegation clauses in their contracts. Such as pay cuts or release clauses. Cos if they don't , and we go down, surely we are in big trouble financially.

Sorry if this is going old ground.

its normally a standard clause that's demanded by agents. you would probably find that most of the senior pros in the 1st team have it.