Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 games in 3 days, it is getting very interesting down there. As long as we dont drop below the line we will be fine. If we drop below the line, and go into the zone, we are screwed and wont get out of it. We just need to stay above the line.

I think wel get murdered at Anfield.

Then I think Stoke will eat that team alive.

Then who have we got? Man Utd? At Old Trafford? - Oh dear.

Absolutely disgusted with the position we are in. I expected a top 8 or 9 finish and was still confident only a couple of months ago.

Get a grip. I've never seen such a bunch of white flag waving, defeatist, lilly-livered faint-hearts as I've seen on this thread lately.

People accuse the manager of being spineless but some of our supporters take some beating in that department too! Why don't you nay-sayers and nervous ninnies lock yourselves in a darkened room for the next few weeks and allow the rest of us to lift the club and get some positivity flowing? We are more than good enough to get points left, right and centre. Back the lads and LIFT them!

I do think a few people are taking this a bit too seriously. Hey enjoy the ride, this is exciting (not the football) and think we could be where Norwich are (which technically would be better) and have 8 meaningless games left.

I guess one thing in our favour is that we have a game in hand over the bottom 3 sides...& after tonights Blackburn Man U game over 4 of the 5 sides below us. That basically nullifies the certain loss at Man Utd & in effect leaves us with a run in of

Liverpool

Stoke

Man Utd (Nullified by game in hand)

Sunderland

Bolton

West Brom

Spurs

Norwich

That is actually not that bad when compared to the sides below us BUT we need some players back fit & quickly!!

If we can get some back in time for the Stoke game & especially for the run of games from Sunderland onwards which is on the 21st of april we could be ok as i see some games there against sides who will have little to play for maybe with the exception of Bolton (relegation rivals), WBA (the derby factor) & Spurs (chasing champs league).

Thats about as positive as i can see it at the moment though with the starting line up from Saturday?

So what is the injury situation?

Will anyone be back within the next 3 weeks?

Absolutely disgusted with the position we are in. I expected a top 8 or 9 finish and was still confident only a couple of months ago.

Get a grip. I've never seen such a bunch of white flag waving, defeatist, lilly-livered faint-hearts as I've seen on this thread lately.

People accuse the manager of being spineless but some of our supporters take some beating in that department too! Why don't you nay-sayers and nervous ninnies lock yourselves in a darkened room for the next few weeks and allow the rest of us to lift the club and get some positivity flowing? We are more than good enough to get points left, right and centre. Back the lads and LIFT them!

Im actually a really positive villa fan. Usually anyway. There werent many who thought wed finish top half at the start like I did.

However, my positivity went out of the window Saturday before last, about 5pm when Mcliesh was telling us we need to get realistic if we thought we could win at Arsenal.

I was thinking the same but it's normally to do with McLeish's team selections and tactics like the Spurs game for example...

Did anyone else read this bit in a pirate's accent? Aha Jim Lad!! Bless me barnacles!!

McGregor, same shit, different day sir. The team and the Manager aren't good enough. Serious spending needs to be done in the summer. Back the lads indeed, but sack the Manager eh?

You continually criticise people who are genuinely concerned and appear to believe that all we have to do to survive relegation is get behind the team and support them and lift them.

The team have been getting support all season but we are still in a mess so that would suggest that something else, at a higher level, also needs to happen.

On your posts it would appear that we don't need a team manager who can motivate the players and get the game plan right and that all we need is a load of people shouting positively at each game.

I don't think it works quite that simply in reality and if you were to ask the great Ron Saunders I think he would say that you need a good manager too.

It's pointless replacing McLeish unless Faulkner is going too

I dread to think who Faulkner would appoint next

We need an experienced director of football urgently

I'd get either Sir Graham in or someone like Kenyon or El Tel

Nero fiddled and Rome burned

This needs addressing as a matter of urgency

Lerner will be to blame should we get relegated

You really can't blame McLeish for taking the job he just got a team relegated i bet he thought all his christmas and birthday's came at once when he got offered the job

Its really not looking good i cannot see where our next win is going to come from the bolton game really will be a six pointer

75 pages dedicated to the theme 'Relegation' since 29th January. Now that is some achievement by Lerner and McLeish. This club should not even have to contemplate this probability let alone dedicate a VT thread to it!

Some people were. Compare the fixtures though. If you compare from the same weekends when this season we have Chelsea (H), Liverpool (A) and Manure (A) last year we had Everton (A), Newcastle (H) and West Ham (A). Add in the Stoke game this year and it is still much worse. We picked up 7 points from those three fixtures last season and it all but sealed safety, and we had an all firing Darren Bent in the team too. You cannot be so confident this year. I still don't think we will go down but I am more worried than I was this time last year.