Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Every game now has to be played like a cup final albeit we can write 2 of them off already (tramps and ManUre away)

All the other games we are capable of taking points out of

Will be down the villa later to get stoke tickets, that is a winnable game

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Releagtion would be a total disaster for our club,there is nothing at all that would be good about it,if we did go down then McLeish may be kept on like he was at the Blues the first time he took them down.

I reckon we will just about stay up but the summer will need changes on & off the pitch,whether we get them is another thing.

Be careful what you wish for Relegation is not a good thing full stop.

Put simply, McLeish has no record of avoiding relegation. Everytime he is in a battle, his teams have folded without a whimper. That is why I think we are in dire trouble and need to get rid. There is no fight in this team under him, no desire, no attacking intent.

He has done a terrific job of sucking the soul out of the club in less than a year.

More positives than negatives for me from yesterday

Almost 50% possession, 9 shots on target, 2 goals

Kids played well etc

Play like that v stoke and its 3 points

I still can't believe we have come to this. I know we have had our brushes in the past - GTII, DOL and Houllier last year, but in each of those seasons it just seemed there was always going to be a way out.

There is just no confidence in McLeish to get us out of this. His style of (or lack of) football just brings this kind of situation on. We play with fear. We play to not lose. We come back against Chelsea and we bring on Heskey. This just screams negativity and settling for scraps.

The Tottenham away match was the biggest disgrace I've ever seen as a Villa fan and that was the turning point of our season. Negative football, playing for a draw and all of it backfiring. That has been the precedent for the rest of the season and that is why we find ourselves in this position.

If it doesn't happen this year then we know it might next. Relegation is now a realistic threat to our club and we have to get rid of the reason we find ourselves in this position.

McLeish. Get the **** out of my club now.

More positives than negatives for me from yesterday

Almost 50% possession, 9 shots on target, 2 goals

Kids played well etc

Play like that v stoke and its 3 points

2 goals from corners, play like that against Stoke and 6' 8" Peter Crouch and we will get mullered.

The Tottenham away match was the biggest disgrace I've ever seen as a Villa fan.

WTF ?

Worse than the Moscow surrender

Worse than DOL Doncaster

Worse than 0-6 at Forest

Worse than Houllier antics before during and after the 0-3 at Liverpool

Worse than 0-3 v Charlton under Billy Mc

I think not

The Tottenham away match was the biggest disgrace I've ever seen as a Villa fan.

WTF ?

Worse than the Moscow surrender

Worse than DOL Doncaster

Worse than 0-6 at Forest

Worse than Houllier antics before during and after the 0-3 at Liverpool

Worse than 0-3 v Charlton under Billy Mc

I think not

Honestly mate yes. That was a surrender from the start. I don't think those other matches started that way.

Erm Moscow for example was over before we boarded the plane

Champions League was the bigger prize then. MON made a mistake but if we had won against Stoke then who knows.

McLeish has gone past the point where he can be defended. I see no strategy or plan. We will never be successful under him, he has to go. If not now then the end of the season or next year we are in big trouble.

We will still pick up points in our last 8 games, I wasn't expecting a win today so nothing has changed for me.

?

did you expect qpr, bolton and wigan to pick up 3 points?

you say nothing has changed yet we are now just 5 points from relegation zone

i would say a great deal has changed

bolton 3 wins out of 3 (9 points in last 6 games)

blackburn 2 wins out of 3 (10 points in last 6 games)

qpr 2 wins out of 3 (7 points in last 6 games)

wigan 2 wins out of 3 (9 points in last 6 games)

villa 1 win out of 3 (5 points in last 6 games)

brilliant, it isnt even a shock, 75% of all villa fans as soon as the shit tw@ manager was appointed predicted this to happen, the other 25% ? well im guessing 80% of them now also have come arounbd to the realisation that this prick is sending us down barring a miracle.

congratulations must go out to paul faulkner who some seem to fight his corner despite the simple fact that from the day his fat pale faced ginger haired useless clueless aboiut all things football idiot, was appointed, we have gone to shit.

i also 100% believe that the mong which is our current abortion of a manager was all down to faulkner and merely rubber stamped by lerner who like a bell end, put far too much faith in 1 person yet again.

he did it with MON and it cost in wages, but MON is purely about football, clueless about money

then he does it in fatty faulkner, purely about money, clueless about football

there is a ginger poison which has infected our club

faulkner and mcgash out

Apart from 60 mins against Norwich at VP is there a game we've dominated and won this season?

We requires two Keane wonder goals to beat Wolves, we hit Chelsea on the break at their place and Fulham we relied on a last minute fumble. So that's three of our seven wins that have been down to individual brilliance or luck rather than actually fully deserving it.

Any thoughts?

Just the imagine the feel good factor around VP if AMC went? Fans/Clubs/Players all giving it there all for the final home games, then a new manager in July.

Never gonna happen though. Just watched MOTD. They covered our game, discussed Chelsea and the awful news about Stan, then just said "right, now to cover the teams in the relegation battle". Have they not seen the table?

Apart from 60 mins against Norwich at VP is there a game we've dominated and won this season?

We requires two Keane wonder goals to beat Wolves, we hit Chelsea on the break at their place and Fulham we relied on a last minute fumble. So that's three of our seven wins that have been down to individual brilliance or luck rather than actually fully deserving it.

Any thoughts?

Blackburn and Wigan were pretty awful at VP.

We definitely deserved to win at Sunderland, but that was due to our inability to hold onto leads, sign of a relegation team.

Winnable home games are now Stoke and Bolton. But they're surely looking at Villa away as a potential 3 points. Our team lacks so much experience - when the focus/pressure is on us to attack/get a result, its unfair to expect this from the youngsters.

If your a fan that wants something doing then don't turn up to any games for a few weeks and see what happens?! For me I think the solution is that simple.

Ok, the players will have less support but most games we play to lose anyway - but also it shows we arnt going to pay to watch garbage.

All the talk about it - actually do something, it will be more effective

I was thinking about this a lot last night. I'm not sure relegation would be that bad if it meant getting rid of mcleish.

I think we'd come straight back up. Firstly if Lerner ever wanted to get his money back from selling the club he'd have to get it back in the prem so he'd have to spend money. I think the players we'd keep and the kids plus the ability to sign better players than anyone else in the league would be enough to see us bounce straight back up.

It hasn't caused newcastle major problems and maybe it would allow us to completely rebuild with a new approach. My only worry is who the **** head lerner would appoint.

I don't want it to happen, it pisses me off that for the last two seasons we have to worry about it but i'm just trying to think of positives with mcleish away from this club.