Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes, I thought we we just about in the clear a few weeks ago.....a nosedive straight to relegation would not surprise me in the least now, considering that's what our manager does best, isn't it?

Nice one, Randy. Way to really think things through. :thumb:

Definitely feeling nervous but still reckon we'll be ok. If we can't 5 points from Stoke, Bolton, Sunderland, WBA and Norwich (which should be more than enough) then we deserve to go down.

I see us getting 1 point from those games.

I honestly cannot see us winning another game this season. The Bolton, Stoke games are crucial, but I can't see us winning either of them. Maybe a point from each. The other six remaining games with Liverpool, Spurs, Utd, Sunderland, West Brom & Norwich - I think we will lose all six. 35 points be enough? I don't think so..Sorry to sound pessimistic, but that is honestly how I feel. I have been an optimist all season, but now the realism is really starting to dawn on me.

Villa (33 points, -9 GD)

Home: Stoke, Sunderland, Bolton, Tottenham

Away: Liverpool, Man U, West Brom, Norwich

Bolton (29 points, -24 GD)

Home: Fulham, Swansea, Tottenham, West Brom

Away: Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland, Stoke

Blackburn (28 points, -19 GD)

Home: Man U, Liverpool, Norwich, Wigan

Away: West Brom, Swansea, Tottenham, Chelsea

QPR (28 points, -19 GD)

Home: Swansea, Tottenham, Stoke

Away: Man U, West Brom, Chelsea, Man City

Wigan (28 points, -26 GD)

Home: Man U, Newcastle, Wolves

Away: Chelsea, Arsenal, Fulham, Blackburn

Wolves (22 points, -35 GD)

Home: Arsenal, Man City, Everton

Away: Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea, Wigan

Think us and Bolton have the 'easiest' run, have the most points and have a game in hand so should be safe. Wolves + 2 it seems (I hope).

Before today's results I had us staying up by 1 point and a better G/D ratio. Seeing QPR, Bolton, Wigan and Blackburn playing like they give a shit compared to the dross we have endured under McLeish makes me wondered if we deserve to stay up. When teams like QPR can get results off Arsenal and Liverpool and all we can do is roll over and take a beating. Even our manager said we "If people expected us to come here and win, you know, we have to be realistic" when talking about playing Arsenal last week, what chance have we got. All year we have put up with gutless performances, terrible displays, tactics and game plans all lead by McLeish. Every other team at least has the guts to try go out and win a game, where as we roll over and get thrashed by most teams.

The sad thing is if we are relegated we have a manager with "Championship experience" already waiting... We have a tough 2 months ahead of us, and 15-1 odds on Ladbrokes is looking mighty tempting.

Where have all the people gone that said "we wont go down" ,"there is no chance that the teams below us can all pick up enough points to cathc us". well, here we are, hovering right above them with a absolute shocking fixture list. Im sorry to say it but really think we could be one of the favorites to go down now. QPR look like they have clicked, Bolton have found some spirit, Wigan going to go on a run like they did last season towards the end of the season, whilst we keep rolling over and having out belly tickled.RELEGATION is very much on the cards now lads.

Lerner, your a f##king prick, as far as im concerned you deserve everything that is coming your way. Premiership experiance, meh.... what a f##king joke of an appointment and you havent even got the balls to rectify your decision... Gutless Tw@t.

And ANYONE who had already renewed their season ticket, Well, bigger the fools you!

Where have all the people gone that said "we wont go down" ,"there is no chance that the teams below us can all pick up enough points to cathc us". well, here we are, hovering right above them with a absolute shocking fixture list. Im sorry to say it but really think we could be one of the favorites to go down now. QPR look like they have clicked, Bolton have found some spirit, Wigan going to go on a run like they did last season towards the end of the season, whilst we keep rolling over and having out belly tickled.RELEGATION is very much on the cards now lads.

Lerner, your a f##king prick, as far as im concerned you deserve everything that is coming your way. Premiership experiance, meh.... what a f##king joke of an appointment and you havent even got the balls to rectify your decision... Gutless Tw@t.

And ANYONE who had already renewed their season ticket, Well, bigger the fools you!

Have you bothered to read the comments on the last 2 pages. I and 6 other forum members have admitted to changing our minds, and now accept we are in a big relegation fight which will carry until May.

All we need is 1 win and 1 draw, but with the injuries and lack of form and quality in the squad, that is looking unlikely.

Ive said all along 40 points

It's the law

I think we'll do it, just with wins vs Stoke Bolton and WBA

We've won seven games all season. To win three now would be an extraordinary turn around, particularly with the worst injuries we've had all season and general confidence that is blown to pieces. I hope you're right, but it's very optimistic, imo.

No way will we get 9 points from the last 8 games. Just cannot see it. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. 2-4 points is more realistic in my mind. so 35-37 points....Wolves are down, that is a given. But, with the likes of Bolton, Blackburn, Q.P.R & even Wigan all proving & having the experience of scrapping for their lives - I see us being in real trouble. I am beginning to wonder if AMc was promised a bonus if he manages to send us down.. :notworthy: :notsure:

Where have all the people gone that said "we wont go down" ,"there is no chance that the teams below us can all pick up enough points to cathc us".!

Haha yeah I was thinking that

I think the penny has just dropped for them