Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Beat Blackburn and we should be ok. As someone said some teams above us could get dragged into a battle as well. We are only 4 off saint martins cats.

Also I can't see the teams below us sunddenly banging in goals left right and centre and winning as many games need to almost get a half of their points tally already.

As I said win on sat lets look up if we can. Lose. Then. Well. Over to you Mr. Lerner.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf I was surprised to look back this season and find the most games we've lost in a row in the league have been two. I thought given the bad run we had at Xmas we'd have lost more in a row but we only lost at home to Liverpool and Arsenal and then went to Stoke and drew and beat Chelsea.

So while things are shite, the chances of us going on some sort of 4 or 5 game losing spree are incredibly slim I think.

Tbf I was surprised to look back this season and find the most games we've lost in a row in the league have been two. I thought given the bad run we had at Xmas we'd have lost more in a row but we only lost at home to Liverpool and Arsenal and then went to Stoke and drew and beat Chelsea.

So while things are shite, the chances of us going on some sort of 4 or 5 game losing spree are incredibly slim I think.

Im sure blues fans thought the same last season after winning the carling cup final. lets not forget that mcleish managed to go TEN games without a win in the SPL with rangers which is a record. if anybody can lose 4 or 5 in a row its Mcleish. his record speaks for itself. we are in real trouble. we can't score and we can't defend its a recipe for disaster.

i love the way people keep saying "Oh we wont be relegated because the teams below us are doing shite this season"

Yeah thats right but to be fair to them if we were mid table we would be saying "A team with that record deserves to get relegated" HERES AN IDEA...... SO DO WE !!!

And they are all to blame not just Lerner despite his money is not enough to be a chairman of a premiership club.

Eck who would be more suited at Crawley Town.

Faulker - "The Puppet" and a useless and embarrassing P.A at that.

The players well some i suppose with their attitudes in match play although Ireland's FU is only the way everyone feel's about Mcleish.

And yes im pretty certain the main reason he joined Birmingham will merely be financial reason's and the fact Villa are a bigger alub than Birmingham.

So that's a considerable upgrade compared to last season and being at the bankrupt club.

Team's can pick up points anytime and that includes's club's below us so YES going off the garbage football which is so poor i don't watch it anymore we can get relegated and quite easily so.

Their's team's who are use to the relegation battle's as to where we are not that experienced but i have a strong feeling were going to be under the stewardship of Eck.

If villa get relegated it will only be what they deserve and Lerner deserves for the rediculous appointments made.

Man City didn't fuvk about after Hughes so they only wanted to appoint quality instead we go for one has been and the other who only serves up relegation for club's and has no decent record.

It's the draws that are the problem. Last season SHA drew 15 (second highest) yet only lost 15, which was far short of Wolves who lost 20. Despite this Wolves still managed to stay up because they won more games (obviously as a result of going for the win more often unlike McLeish who always plays for draws). Even we lost 14 games yet still managed to finish 9 places above them.

It's McLeish's lack of a winning mentality (I really don't know why Dunne tried to claim otherwise) which is one of the main problems.

It's McLeish's lack of a winning mentality (I really don't know why Dunne tried to claim otherwise) which is one of the main problems.

Exactly. The other worrying thing is that last year under McLeish, with four games left Blues were four points clear of danger with a much better goal difference. They managed one more solitary point, and if you saw their performance against Fulham which was an absolute utter disgrace even by their low standards, you'd be very worried about McLeish's ability to lift the team for the remaining games. The man is just a poor manager, whose teams play awful football, and he clearly can't motivate players when the chips are down.

I must admit, as the weeks go on, I'm starting to get worried. Sure a couple of good performances, and we're safe, but I just can't see them coming. With the injuries (and Keane's return to the US), and the mood down in the Villa camp, I'm worried. Need someone to step up.

I just really want the team to play good football again. I dont really care anymore if we win or loose (ok i really do), but i miss being entertained and feeling excited of the way they play. I miss the times when Villa would push forward and wave after wave going forward... Fullbacks attacking and you know, exciting football.

I am so tired and bored of this lets defend for a draw bs. As a player this has to be so boring, i am pretty sure this is not the reason they spent hour after hour on the training ground as a kid...

It is ok if we dont win every game, but let us play with some style and in a way we can be proud of, let us be entertaining and maybe we win a game or two also...

i love the way people keep saying "Oh we wont be relegated because the teams below us are doing shite this season"

Yeah thats right but to be fair to them if we were mid table we would be saying "A team with that record deserves to get relegated" HERES AN IDEA...... SO DO WE !!!

And they are all to blame not just Lerner despite his money is not enough to be a chairman of a premiership club.

Eck who would be more suited at Crawley Town.

Faulker - "The Puppet" and a useless and embarrassing P.A at that.

The players well some i suppose with their attitudes in match play although Ireland's FU is only the way everyone feel's about Mcleish.

And yes im pretty certain the main reason he joined Birmingham will merely be financial reason's and the fact Villa are a bigger alub than Birmingham.

So that's a considerable upgrade compared to last season and being at the bankrupt club.

Team's can pick up points anytime and that includes's club's below us so YES going off the garbage football which is so poor i don't watch it anymore we can get relegated and quite easily so.

Their's team's who are use to the relegation battle's as to where we are not that experienced but i have a strong feeling were going to be under the stewardship of Eck.

If villa get relegated it will only be what they deserve and Lerner deserves for the rediculous appointments made.

Man City didn't fuvk about after Hughes so they only wanted to appoint quality instead we go for one has been and the other who only serves up relegation for club's and has no decent record.

Had you just got in from a night on the piss when you wrote this. I's a bit of a ramble and doesn't make a lot of sense. The concept of a league is that the bottom three teams go down regardless of how crap the teams above them have been. It's the same at the top, the team that comes first are champions, it doesn't matter if it is with 96 points or 66 points. We have 29 points with 12 games to go and an 8 point gap in our favour. Last season we had 33 points with 8 games left and a 1 point gap. I would say we had a lot more to worry about last season than we do this. These teams you refer to who are used to relegation fights are Wolves Wigan and Blackburn I presume. Well in the last 8 games last season we got 15 points, Wigan 12,Blackburn 10 andWolves 8. So it would appear we had more stomach for the fight than they did.

I just really want the team to play good football again. I dont really care anymore if we win or loose (ok i really do), but i miss being entertained and feeling excited of the way they play. I miss the times when Villa would push forward and wave after wave going forward... Fullbacks attacking and you know, exciting football.

I am so tired and bored of this lets defend for a draw bs. As a player this has to be so boring, i am pretty sure this is not the reason they spent hour after hour on the training ground as a kid...

It is ok if we dont win every game, but let us play with some style and in a way we can be proud of, let us be entertaining and maybe we win a game or two also...

So true. Our manager does not understand Villa fans at all it was so obvious from the outset that for Eck to be success at the club he would have to significantly change the way he sets out his teams and the tactics he uses (i.e no negative boring rubbish).

His dinosaur boring defensive style of management was only just about acceptable at a club like Birmingham City. It was never going to wash at a big club like Aston Villa.

You could compare Hodgson at Liverpool for example in that he thought players like Konchesky was acceptable for the club. You have to understand the club as an entity to be a success just like Fergie and Daglish do they know how the fans think and what they expect from a performance.

We expect our players (we still have good players at AVFC) to go toe to toe the opposition whoever they are and try and win the game by attacking.

I think John Barnes summed up the playing style when he said McLeish could get away with playing that style at SHA but you can't at Aston Villa.

Barnes had it spot on, I also agreed with him on ESPN when he said it was the worst home performance he has ever seen from a home team on ESPN.

I think John Barnes summed up the playing style when he said McLeish could get away with playing that style at SHA but you can't at Aston Villa.

Barnes had it spot on, I also agreed with him on ESPN when he said it was the worst home performance he has ever seen from a home team on ESPN.

That was Kevin Keegan.

I think I remember another pundit saying the Wigan game was one of the worst they'd had to watch. And who was it who took the piss out of the Everton game off-mic, audibly suggesting they put together a highlights reel of the worst passes? We seem to be getting a fair bit of that this season, I wonder what's causing it.

I think I remember another pundit saying the Wigan game was one of the worst they'd had to watch. And who was it who took the piss out of the Everton game off-mic, audibly suggesting they put together a highlights reel of the worst passes? We seem to be getting a fair bit of that this season, I wonder what's causing it.

Remember QPR fans chanting "Boring Boring Villa" at the start of the season...

Not much has changed

Remember QPR fans chanting "Boring Boring Villa" at the start of the season...

Not much has changed

I was listening to the The Football Ramble last night and the topic of Villa/Relegation came up. one of the guys mentioned that we play like absolute "dog shit" and raised a chuckle from the others. These are guys like you and me, average supporters with a passion for the game.

The cat is out, the rest of the world knows. We're a laughing stock on and off the pitch.

I never find our games boring but for a neutral, you just wouldn't watch us

Oh christ I do. It might be an age thing, my passion is drained. I proper mong out watching us now.

I've been a fan 20 years this year. This is the most turgid shite I've ever had to experience.