Scottish Independence

maqroll

"He claimed there is talk of a “boycott” of John Lewis, banks to be split up, and new law to force Ryder Cup sponsor Standard Life to explain to unions its reasons for moving outside Scotland.

He said: “This referendum is about power, and when we get a Yes majority, we will use that power for a day of reckoning with BP and the banks.

“The heads of these companies are rich men, in cahoots with a rich English Tory Prime Minister, to keep Scotland’s poor, poorer through lies and distortions. The power they have now to subvert our democracy will come to an end with a Yes.”

He added: “BP, in an independent Scotland, will need to learn the meaning of nationalisation, in part or in whole, as it has in other countries who have not been as soft as we have forced to be. We will be the masters of the oil fields, not BP or any other of the majors.”

He said that under an independent Scotland, Standard Life would be required by new employment laws to give two years warning of any redundancies - and reveal to the trade unions its financial reasons for relocation to any country outside of Scotland."

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...ning-post-yes-vote-says-jim-sillars-1-3539754

Oh dear. A nice sensible approach of encouraging investment post independence. Toys out of the pram time.

• Like 1

There was something posted on Facebook about how much money Salmon has spent on hotels watching golf tournaments and various other things all rather luxurious.

Now I know many politicians do the same but this guy is a really dishonest individual. I have it on good authority he's not to be trusted and is a sleaze too with the ladies as you see his wife is much older than he is so he is always not far away from some young SNP wannabee cum bucket. Apologies for lowering the tone but this guy is a despicable character.

The comments above make him sound like other nationalists in history and I really think it is bad news...and as for taking on BP, what's up with that?

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

The majority of Yes voters I know can't stand Salmond either. The SNP have been the only show in town for disillusioned voters, hence their popularity. In the event of independence, they will undoubtedly have a boost & probably form the first government, but I would expect them to be booted out as soon as new parties have established.

In an ideal world, the Greens would get their act together and take over and Scotland could be a hub for green industries & not another neo-liberal wet dream complete low corporation tax and plenty of golf resorts.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

Now I know many politicians do the same but this guy is a really dishonest individual. I have it on good authority he's not to be trusted and is a sleaze too with the ladies as you see his wife is much older than he is so he is always not far away from some young SNP wannabee cum bucket. Apologies for lowering the tone but this guy is a despicable character.

I don't like Salmond's style and I disagree with his politics, but that just looks like a smear.

• Like 1

I think somewhere in this thread I've referred to Salmond as a snakeoil salesman. But this isn't a vote on Salmond, and rightfully so, because then the alternative would be George Osbourne, Dave Milliband et al. I heard Osbourne has a very dubious past, and Cameron thinks Thatcher was wonderful. I wouldn't let that influence a vote on independence. 

but I would expect them to be booted out as soon as new parties have established.

You'll be meaning Scottish Labour, Scottish Conservatives and the Scottish Liberal Democrats then.

And they'll be full of the same self serving gobshites as before but at least they'll be Scottish now, what do you mean they were before…

Alex Salmond is like the Pied Piper and Lady Godiva all rolled into one

...But this isn't a vote on Salmond, and rightfully so...

Someone should tell him that, he keeps telling us what's going to happen after they all vote Yes and I keep thinking… how hilarious it would be if he didn't get in at the first election, he's talking like he's won independence and the first election.

Ain't no smear...I live in Scotland and have done for sometime (I'm English and from Brum originally).

I have close ties through my work with the media...Salmon has a few skeletons to hide all been honest.

Does anyone on the No side have anything dubious about them? Or is this a nice simple black n white moral issue we can all put to bed?

"He claimed there is talk of a “boycott” of John Lewis, banks to be split up, and new law to force Ryder Cup sponsor Standard Life to explain to unions its reasons for moving outside Scotland.

He said: “This referendum is about power, and when we get a Yes majority, we will use that power for a day of reckoning with BP and the banks.

“The heads of these companies are rich men, in cahoots with a rich English Tory Prime Minister, to keep Scotland’s poor, poorer through lies and distortions. The power they have now to subvert our democracy will come to an end with a Yes.”

He added: “BP, in an independent Scotland, will need to learn the meaning of nationalisation, in part or in whole, as it has in other countries who have not been as soft as we have forced to be. We will be the masters of the oil fields, not BP or any other of the majors.”

He said that under an independent Scotland, Standard Life would be required by new employment laws to give two years warning of any redundancies - and reveal to the trade unions its financial reasons for relocation to any country outside of Scotland."

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...ning-post-yes-vote-says-jim-sillars-1-3539754

Oh dear. A nice sensible approach of encouraging investment post independence. Toys out of the pram time.

If that nationalisation happened any major company that did business in scotland would be falling overthemselves to get out as fast as they could. The newly formed Scottish stock market would crash and burn and they newly formed national of scotland would implode into chaos.

I can't believe that is anything but pre-referendum rhetoric and rabble rousing. None of it is deliverable.

Ain't no smear...I live in Scotland and have done for sometime (I'm English and from Brum originally).

I have close ties through my work with the media...Salmon has a few skeletons to hide all been honest.

I can't see that tbh. Any major gossip would have been leaked to absolute **** by now. It would be all over the press given his profile as leader of the Mel Gibson "Freedom!!!!!" Memorial Performance.

...But this isn't a vote on Salmond, and rightfully so...

Someone should tell him that, he keeps telling us what's going to happen after they all vote Yes and I keep thinking… how hilarious it would be if he didn't get in at the first election, he's talking like he's won independence and the first election.

Agreed. He is talking like the SNP have won the election that follows independence, which is presumptious and arrogant. But then, in the event of a Yes vote, the following 12 months will have the negotiations headed by the majority party in Scotland. That's the SNP. He's the leader of the SNP, so he's kinda got a point, annoyingly.

Similarly, the Westminster parties are promising changes they've just dreamt up on the hoof without consulting the electorate. I presume that whilst they haven't finished working out what they've actually promised, they'll all stay solidly together on it after this referendum?

I can't see that tbh. Any major gossip would have been leaked to absolute **** by now. It would be all over the press given his profile as leader of the Mel Gibson "Freedom!!!!!" Memorial Performance.

perhaps his friends get the police to put the squeeze on people to stay quiet, you know, like they do for George Osbourne

Â