not eating

leemond2008

Now i'm quite a big lad any way but sometimes I go a whole day or so without eating, not for any reason other than I'm not hungry

I actually tallied it up today and this is what I have had to eat over the last 5 days

friday

10:00am - bacon sandwich

12:30pm - chicken tikka baguette

saturday

nothing

sunday

nothing

monday

12:00pm - packet of crisps and a ham sandwich

today

so far 1 packet of ready salted crisps

that looks like a stupidly small ammount for someone to eat over 5 days...only thing is that I dont even really feel hungry

cant put it down to only not eating because I am constantly on the piss like I did when I was younger because I aint had a drink since friday

should I go out and force a few cakes and sarnies down my neck to stay alive or just keep plodding on knowing that my lack of appetite is going to sort itself out and I will probably lose a bit of timber in the process???

You won't lose weight by essentially starving yourself, apart from maybe a few pounds at the start. and anything you do lose won't be good for you.

That does look like an extremely small amount of food you're eating

I can get a bit like that sometimes. I feel like what's the point if I'm not hungry? But it's usually balanced out with days where I can't stop eating. If you are like this for over a week or so though I'd probably just see the doctor or something! Is there anything else it could be linked with? Maybe a cold or something? Or do you feel completely fine, just not hungry?

Problem with that "diet" is that your body is not getting the nutrition it needs and wil essentially be working in starvation mode. Any weight you do lose will be put straight back on as soon as you eat anything.

Your metabolism must have grinded to a halt.

I am a big guy. Used to have a 40" waist last July. Now don to 34".

My main problem was I only ate dinner every day. The guideline amount of calories per day in 2500 (i think). You need to force down at least 1750-2000.

what am I drinking?

pretty much just tea, water and the occasional pint of squash

how am I feeling psychologically?

got a couple of things playing on my mind at the moment so maybe I am a wee bit depressed but shit like this doesnt usually make me lose my appetite

Problem with that "diet" is that your body is not getting the nutrition it needs and wil essentially be working in starvation mode. Any weight you do lose will be put straight back on as soon as you eat anything.

This

saturday

nothing

sunday

nothing

Blimey. Are you the poster with the freezing cold house? Maybe your body is in hibernation mode. I'd force yourself to eat breakfast each day and see if your appetite improve.

Â