What's more important?

avfc443

What's more important?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What's more important?

• Money
    • Job satisfaction

Used to think Money then I grew up and realised that having a shit day at work but being able to afford a glass of Moet (example) dont make a happy boy.

Better to have both.

If the choice is between crap money with great job satisfaction or crap job satisfaction with great money then I'd have to say go for the money.

And I'd go the other way, Brian.

If your job makes you miserable, then no amount of money will change that. Though I suppose if you're miserable 'cus you've got no money, then a crap job might change it for a while, but only if you're desperate.

Job Sat, every time.

you spend one hell of a lot of your life at work - many of your waking hours are spent at work (or travelling to it) - and if you really don't like/hate what you're doing then it can really grind you down. The few well recompensed hours outside of work would barely make up for that IMO.

Having said that, money does make the world go around, and if you're doing a job you love but have no money, it's maybe an equally sh*t situation.

solution = win the lottery and then do a job you love that pays b*gger all. :wink:

went for money cause I like living an expensive lifestyle but to be honest I've only ever worked in jobs I've liked .. 4 companies in 20 working years .. i wouldn't work at a place if i didn't like it , i'd just walk out as I'm a bit headstrong on things like that

I'll have to say job satisfaction as well - due to the points already raised. But then again, you like your job, but aren't paid well, so you home life is shit and you never go out - so you end up living for work, rather then working to live.

I think the only alternative is to win the lottery as Jon said, or speak to Randy when he secures the club, and see what job opportunities are available

Blandy, we have different meanings for job satisfaction. I don't see a lack of job satisfaction as necessarily making me miserable. An example would be flipping burgers in McDonalds. Hardly any job satisfaction there but you wouldn't necessarily be miserable (just very bored). I'd put misery down to working for a bastard who gets on your back for nothing, or always being on-call or hating what you do. As opposed to doing something that just doesn't 'push' you.

If I was to interpret 'job satisfaction' as having a job that makes you completely miserable then yes I would agree with you. But if I just had a job that didn't push me and gave me what I would regard as no job satisfaction but I was making £40,000 in the process, then I would take the money.

Its job satisfaction for me. I've only ever had one bad job and that nearly ruined me healthwise, unfortunately at the time due to circumstances I couldn't walk out.

The money side does become more important when you have a family but you still need to be happy about you're doing.

One of the reasons I love what I do (self employed and I also freelance) is that I don't get involved with any of the office/studio politics anymore. Which imo is the root of alot of the problems I used to encounter.

Well my job sucks and I don't get enough money.

Can't leave though because I need the little money I get to pay bills and survive.

Want to walk away and go freelance (still not managed it yet!!) but I can't afford to.

Its all bollox........... If I win the lottery I think I'll be happy!

Want to walk away and go freelance (still not managed it yet!!) but I can't afford to.

If you're good at what you do you will be fine. And you will earn much, much more.

Im sat here feelign suicidal. People are asking me to do their jobs, and taking longer to explain it to me than it would take them to do it.

Its driving me mad.

im dying for some Job Satisfaction.

Thought you had the best job in the world :roll:

I'd go for job satisfaction, but I guess it depends how much money you need. My job in NZ was simply amazing, and the wage was crap, but if I was supporting a family I couldn't get myself a job like that.

I suppose if you had amazing money and were only required to work say 30 hours a week you could put up with a shit job as you could do so much more with your time off you really wouldn't care.

Im sat here feelign suicidal. People are asking me to do their jobs, and taking longer to explain it to me than it would take them to do it.

Its driving me mad.

im dying for some Job Satisfaction.

Thought you had the best job in the world :roll:

i HAD the best job in the world. Im now back on Bristol St. Working for the NHS 9 to 5. ive lost all motivation and i want to know where my careeer is going.

Music-wise, most my ties were cut when i went down south.

TV wise, one produce from Top gear recommended i spoke to Fifth gear here in Birmingham. I sent them an Email with details and got a rebuttla 30 mins later.

my head is banging against the wall.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

After I finished university I had the option of taking some jobs that paid quite well... but by golly they were boring! So I ran off to another country to do a job that pays virtually nothing but I actually enjoy. Guess which way I voted.

Â