Red Dwarf Series 10

Nigel

Looks like they are starting filming for the 10th season of Red Dwarf this month.

Great news that they are going back to the original format of filming in front of a live audience. Its only going to be a 6 episode series, although this will hopefully mean Doug Naylor can keep the quality high.

Hope it turns out more like the earlier series and less like the abomination that was 'Back to earth'!

I love Red Dwarf. Absolutely love it.

But "Back to Earth" was cringeworthily bad. Truly awful.

I hope they get somewhere close to the first few series but I'm not holding my breath.

I saw Season 9 for the first time a couple of weeks ago having lost enthusiasm for it when it came out after reviews and season 8 being a bit on the shit side, but I actually thought Back to Earth in some respects was quite good. It has deserved criticisms of replicating in a sense Back to Reality and the lack of live audience was definitely a negative - funny how audience presence in itself adds that extra warmth to a show. But the sci-fi was ok, and the gags were red dwarfian. Certainly not as bad as was frequently made out so I am quite hopeful and really looking forward to the new series - the rustiness will hopefully of warn off some people ( Mr. C. Charles I'm looking at you AHEM ) and I think the quality will be good - in normal series format too.

I saw Season 9 for the first time a couple of weeks ago having lost enthusiasm for it when it came out after reviews and season 8 being a bit on the shit side, but I actually thought Back to Earth in some respects was quite good. It has deserved criticisms of replicating in a sense Back to Reality and the lack of live audience was definitely a negative - funny how audience presence in itself adds that extra warmth to a show. But the sci-fi was ok, and the gags were red dwarfian. Certainly not as bad as was frequently made out so I am quite hopeful and really looking forward to the new series - the rustiness will hopefully of warn off some people ( Mr. C. Charles I'm looking at you AHEM ) and I think the quality will be good - in normal series format too.

Pretty much my sentiments too. Didn't mind Back to Earth, it gave me a few chuckles ("I want more life, smegger!") and was a vast improvement on the abortion that was S9. I will remain ever hopeful that there's some life in the old dog yet.

I will give this a watch when it comes back. I used to love Red Dwarf, and still occasionally watch the repeats on Dave. I avoided watching the Back to Earth episodes, as I wasn't sure about the format of the program and didn't want it to spoil my memories of the show. This new series sounds like it is going back to basics, so we may be back to good times again.

Didn't mind Back to Earth, it gave me a few chuckles ("I want more life, smegger!") and was a vast improvement on the abortion that was S9

Back to Earth WAS Series 9..

To me, Red Dwarf ended at the end of Series 6, as Starbug exploded. And if I can keep telling myself that it remains one of my all time favourite shows.

I love Red Dwarf, but I don't really want this series to be made. I just think they're slowly killing the reputation of a previously brilliant show.

Pretty much my sentiments too. Didn't mind Back to Earth, it gave me a few chuckles ("I want more life, smegger!") and was a vast improvement on the abortion that was S9. I will remain ever hopeful that there's some life in the old dog yet.

Thirded. There were some obvious issues that have been accentuated by the constant highlighting of them. I enjoyed Back to Earth far more than the majority of Series 8, which for me was the real abomination.

It obviously won't be as good as the first 6 series, but I bet its still better than 90% of the rubbish (reality) tv we have on these days. I'm looking forward to it.

Didn't mind Back to Earth, it gave me a few chuckles ("I want more life, smegger!") and was a vast improvement on the abortion that was S9

Back to Earth WAS Series 9..

Back to Earth wasn't series 9. It wasn't classified as a series.

Doug Naylor stated in an interview with Dave before the broadcast of Back to Earth that he would like to make another full-length series, but added that "we would have to wait and see" how good or bad the reaction to the new specials would be.

He also stated that he would not want to make a series 9 but that he might make a series 10, and explained that this would "make a lot more sense in future".

The specials establish that two series focusing on the events leading up to Back to Earth occurred after series eight; during the fictional ninth series (described within the episode by one fan as "the best series yet"), Kryten informed Lister that Kochanski had died, but within Back to Earth Lister learned that Kochanski hadn't died at all, leaving open the possibility of Lister's pursuit of Kochanski in future episodes.

Speaking on BBC Radio 2, Craig Charles stated that two new series were being produced, and that filming begins in November 2011. Chris Barrie then revealed that the new series will be counted as series 10.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dwarf

:lol: :? :lol:

I mean everybody involved with the writing, production and broadcasting of the show.

It almost makes me angry that the legacy of Red Dwarf will be ruined by the number of shit episodes they made, people will remember them rather than the ones which were absolute works of genius. I know that people have got to eat and these will make money, but much like a once great boxer coming out of retirement ten years after his prime trying to recapture the magic he once had, these shows dont need to happen.

I am a fish. I am a fish. I am a fish. I am a fish. I am a fish.

Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast. In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. No toast. Or muffins. Or muffins. We don't like muffins around here. We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and definitely no smegging flapjacks.

Â