Capello Missing Sons Wedding

AVFCLaura

England boss Fabio Capello has been forced to miss his son's wedding due to Saturday's friendly against Spain.

The Wembley clash was originally scheduled for Friday night but was pushed back 24 hours to accommodate Spain's Barcelona contingent who play in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday night.

Capello's former general manager Franco Baldini, who was unaware of the wedding, agreed to switch the game with the Spanish football federation.

The Italian was forced to explain to his son Pierfilippo and his fiancée Tiziana he would not be at the wedding in Milan on Saturday.

He said: "It's OK. We're playing on Saturday. There's nothing that can be done."

Capello will not return home until after England's second friendly of the international break against Sweden on Tuesday.

"It is not a problem, absolutely not," Capello Jnr told The Independent. "He is a football manager first - he has been that ever since I was a child and sometimes being a football manager can make strange demands on your time. You just have to accept that.

"It will be a beautiful ceremony and a beautiful party. We will all toast him sitting there on the bench at Wembley and look forward to him coming to join us for the celebrations after the games."

Sky Sports Link

(Dont know if this needed to be in Other Football or here, please move as necessary if so)

Absolutely 100% should be at the game.

No question. You want that wage - You do the work.

On his salary, I agree. It's not like he's doing an extra shift in his cab or anything.

I dont think money's particularly relevant if i'm honest.

It's like when people say "For the money they earn, footballers should always put 110% effort in". In reality, we're all paid to do a job, and we should all perform to our utmost ability at all times, but as we all know, that's just not realistic.

Money isn't a motivator, and it certaintly wouldnt motivate me to miss my son's wedding.

Not suggesting he should miss it because he simply earns good money.

The job he has has various perks. One of them isnt 'taking days off willy nilly'. and rightly so!

As someone said previously, choose a date not near an England fixture.

A professional attitude to his job from a professional manager

and if it was the world cup final I could understand but a pointless friendly of no relevance whatsoever then he should be at the wedding

Indeed, but the motivation for not missing the game would be responsibility rather than money. He could be getting paid in squares of fudge as far as i'm concerned.

Given the looming retirement, I'd definitely skip the game, but agree that it should have been planned a bit better, which is probably why he isnt going.

Sons wedding = "willy nilly"???!!!!

Yup the date could have been better, but again family is more imortant!

Im not disputing that

Fabio Cappello has to report to work (I.E. England games/meetings) what 10-15 days a year (minus tournaments). Sure, theres training/watching games, but Im sure hes flexible with them.

He also gets paid an amount of money that I can only dream of. To get days off from my £7 an hour 9 to 5 job or my £70 a night dj job - Ive got to book in advance (with good reason) and Im not guaranteed them even then.

Your right, family is more important and it works both ways. First thing I would have thought if I was Fabio Cappellos son. Right, when can my Dad make it?

Any idea the amount of effort it took for my Uncle to get my brothers wedding off from the police - as the rotas are done months in advance. Thats a 30k a year job. The world doesnt stop revolving because of a wedding.

Not sure why Im bothered anyway.

Ive about as much interest in fabio Cappello's son wedding as i have the England national team :D

Don't know it's an urban myth, but I seem to remember hearing that skiffle king Lonnie Donegan was a gloryhunting cockney ManUre fan, and missed the wedding of one of his daughters because it clashed with a match.

Strange because typically, family is such a priority for Italians....but this reminds me of a story I heard (not sure if it's true, but certainly possible), where a Juventus supporter skipped his mother's funeral to watch a European Cup final...

Â