Stuart Pearce appointed British Olympic coach

Zatman

I see Pearce has been made coach. His failure with the under 21s means this is a dreadful decision in my opinion. Surely if its a British team they could have even went for Gary Speed who has done a good job at Wales so far or MArk Hughes

At least Danny Rose will get a game

Yeah that's probably true. They get to see up and coming players from the local leagues playing for the national side.

The European clubs don't release their good players for it so it is a bit of a non event for players this side of the world.

no great shock is it, nor the PC decision of appointing whats her face a role too

IMO we could have a brilliant team but by the time the other FAs have banned their players (which really grinds my gears) and the prem clubs refuse to release theirs we will be left with a team that like every other england team will no doubt disappoint

Good choice.

I hope the likes of Bale, Bannan and Ramsey are selected to play.

Bale wants to play

None of them will be allowed by their national associations to play. No decent english players will be allowed by their clubs to play either.

It is not a FIFA sanctioned event so FIFA have no problem with clubs who refuse to let their players go.

Good choice.

I hope the likes of Bale, Bannan and Ramsey are selected to play.

Bale wants to play

None of them will be allowed by their national associations to play. No decent english players will be allowed by their clubs to play either.

It is not a FIFA sanctioned event so FIFA have no problem with clubs who refuse to let their players go.

The Scottish, Welsh and Irish Football Associations have accepted that they will be powerless to stop their players taking part should they so wish.

Any England player who is 23 or younger but doesn't make the squad for Euro 2012 should be picked.

The Olympics takes place in pre-season so the clubs would be out of order trying to stop any of their players playing imo.

It's not like they will miss any league games.

Also it's at the start of the season so they can't use the excuse of player fatigue.

If it's good enough for Messi and Aguero...

_56175607_messiagueroafp.jpg

The Olympics takes place in pre-season so the clubs would be out of order trying to stop any of their players playing imo.

am sure it takes place at start of season

The Scottish, Welsh and Irish Football Associations have accepted that they will be powerless to stop their players taking part should they so wish.

Premier League will stop them. THey stopped England sending players to Under 21 and 20 tournaments this summer

The Euros is in the Summer, no player who plays in the Euros will be allowed by their clubs to play another tournament right after.

Scottish, Northern Irish & Welsh players will be fine then. :D

the question noone cares about.. will he suck up to Beckham and pick him as an over age player?

Frankly I think he will.

Hmm. I'm not convinced Pearce is the kind of guy who feels the need to suck up to anyone.

Â