Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Why do the Baggies fans call us Seals?

In the 80's the fans in the Trinity Road stand had this clapping thing they did to get behind the team...

clap clap..clap clap...clapclapclapclapclap!

Imagine the Trinity getting behind the team!!?? Those were different times.

They also chant "Villa!" in high pitched voices because we used to give an allocation of tickets to school kids in a section near the away fans, so their shouts for the Villa were what they heard.

From an old greybeard who heard Cropley's leg break and will always hate the albion more than blues.

Yeah I almost hate them as much as the noses, I was at VP that day and it's a sound I never want to hear again, hated everything to do with that little club ever since that day.

Can't stand the obese boing bastards but I still hate the scum more.

Must win, also pleased to see a fellow WA boy given another go. Do Bayswater proud Chris Herd.

Just out of curiosity when was the last time we beat someone 3-0?

West Ham at home last season?

Anyway it's about bloody time we did it again.

Off the top of my head that sounds about right. Didn't we stuff Blackburn, though?

And I agree. :)

AVFCOfficial Aston Villa FC

VILLA: Given, Hutton, Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Bannan, Herd, Petrov, N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Bent. #avfc

2 minutes ago

so glad Delph is out. I think Herd will play really well today. Would be even happier if Hutton was dropped too for Carlos as he is dreadful. Hopefully Nzogbia performs today.

Think we might sneak it 2-1

Don't think Ireland deserves to be dropped, especially for someone like N'Zogbia who hasn't showed any quality whatsoever so far. Hope it pays off! Glad to see Herd getting the chance instead of Delph though!

not sure at all about that midfield.

bannan and herd is a big call in a game like this I think.

time for Zog to turn up and score a cracker

I think Bannan deserves to play he has been our best midfielder, Herd for Delph I think is a great move.

Unsure about Nzogbia, he needs to perform today i agree. Cheeky bet on Herd 1st goalscorer. I think he will turn out to be a Tim Cahill type of midfielder as he is axcellent in the air 8)

About time we saw N'Zogbia start to justify that transfer fee. I thought SI was actually coming good, but I imagine Ecks keen for Charlie boy to show his stuff.

Herd for Delph? He'll be ok and Delph was not doing it for me anyway.