Xbox One

hogso

Been on it today for most of the day. Apart from my eyes hurting i'm really enjoying it. I really thought Kinect would be a gimmick but it's actually quite intuitive once you start using it.

Just a shame the NSA are watching me celebrate when playing FIFA  :P

Looks like M$ have changed their tune ref the £600 replacement fee

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-providing-advance-returns-for-broken-xbox-one-consoles/1100-6416350/

Surely though your contract is with the retailer?

With me Asda wouldn't replace it, only refund. I wouldn't get a new one before Christmas. Ms said 3-5 working days for the new one to be here. They told me it was a £500 holder on the card. Aslong as you haven't tampered with the sticker on the back or don't send it back, you should be ok. 

Mine came dead on arrival. After 2 hours on phone with MS they said they could replace it in 3-5 days if I pay a deposit of 600 pounds. I ended up taking it back to asda and left without an xbox for a few weeks.

I got mine from Asda Direct and they wouldn't replace it. Sending to MS was the only option. The £600( i was told £500) Is only a holder just incase you don't send the broken one back or have tampered with it. The guy said the card acount could've had 0 funds and it would still work. I gave them my card to my second account with about £20 in and it worked.

The retailer is wrong, if goods are faulty they fecking well are responsible for it. Look up the sale of goods act and cite it when you speak to asda, if they don't knew what it is speak to a manager. If they don't know what it is shout loudly.

Know your consumer rights, they should replace it for you there and then, no messing about with Microsoft.

The retailer is wrong, if goods are faulty they fecking well are responsible for it. Look up the sale of goods act and cite it when you speak to asda, if they don't knew what it is speak to a manager. If they don't know what it is shout loudly.

Know your consumer rights, they should replace it for you there and then, no messing about with Microsoft.

I said all that. I asked to speak to a manager on the phone loads of times. They never put me through. They have some right fools working their call centres. No matter what i said they wasn't exchanging it. All she offered me was a full refund if i take it back to an Asda store( i bought it via the Asda direct online). Gone with MS now who have been brilliant about it. 3-5 working days and a new console will be here.

Asda gave me a refund.

I got a different response from the guy I spoke too and if he had said I didn't need the funds there I would have done it. My issue though is that it shouldn't need a deposit, they should send a courier to swap at the door like Apple and Sony do.

They don't have to offer an exchange though and I doubt they can because all their stock is sold through, so it's no surprise they are just offering refunds. Are MS actually taking the deposit and refunding it after they've received the old one back or just getting an authorisation a bit like you do when you stay in a hotel, where no money actually leaves the account if there's no charge? 

They don't have to offer an exchange though and I doubt they can because all their stock is sold through, so it's no surprise they are just offering refunds. Are MS actually taking the deposit and refunding it after they've received the old one back or just getting an authorisation a bit like you do when you stay in a hotel, where no money actually leaves the account if there's no charge?

Seems like Daniel was told the second bit, no charge, but Andy wasn't. Unfortunately I would guess that is down to getting through to a person on the phone who knows what they're doing, as opposed to one who doesn't in Andy's case.

Seems like we have a higher than the 0.5% failure rate on the forum though, 2 out of the handful of people who got (xbox) one?

Edited by hogso

I know 2 people that got the xbox one and one of them had the disk read error. It is really loud and annoying. He tried taking it back to the store but they said he had to ship it to microsoft. Who knows when he will be able to play his xbox one. 

They do have to offer an exchange, if possible. Not only are you covered under the sale of goods act 1979, you are entitled to an exchange , if possible, under the European, Sale And Supply of Goods Regulations 2002. Them not having stock at this very moment, isn't a good enough reason, in my opinion, because I'm sure they will have stock soon. You would just have to wait for a restock.

However, all is well that ends well. As long as Microsoft's turn around is fast, then it's not really a problem. It is wrong that retailers force you through this route and have to have a potential £500 charge hanging over you though. By the sounds of things it'll be quicker than an ASDA restock and delivery.

• Like 1

Yeah, i checked my account and nothing has game out. Seems like they only charged if you have broken the warranty sticker on the back or you don't send the broken one back within 14 days. Think once this is all sorted im gonna buy the extended warranty from ms for £59.99. You also get 2 controller replacement in those 3 years.

You'd be better off burning the £60. You're covered with the retailer for 6 years for nothing. It's unfortunate that Asda are unable to directly replace consoles at this moment in time, undoubtedly due to stock issues, but in future they should be able to replace with little fuss.

• Like 1

Â