Xbox One

hogso

I guess the hardware embargo is up today? As I read a review for the console/Kinect/controller a few mins ago. It's didn't say anything more that you'd expect really - basically it's a decent bit of kit, it works well enough, but the user experience was a little underwhelming as it doesn't really do anything that you can't already do on current gen machines at the moment.

Sweet. Think it's looking good. If I was a "hardcore gamer" it would annoy me that you can't upgrade the HDD. Seems a silly move really. Luckily I'm very much a casual gamer who only plays 2 or 3 titles a year so it won't be an issue. Some of the Kinect stuff looks decent.... when it works. Hoping that they team up with Sky pretty fast so I can use my Sky Box with the Xbox. That would be very handy. 

I like their video editing options and the ability to upload the video to somewhere where you can hard edit everything. Also, their Skype functionality as I've said previously is very cool.

I'm still somewhat pessimistic about the rest of the functions. They seem to be creating solutions to problems that don't exist.

And you guys can speak on this more than I can, but don't a lot of the functions like Netflix and Hulu and some TV things not work in the UK?

Edited by Kwan

And you guys can speak on this more than I can, but don't a lot of the functions like Netflix and Hulu and some TV things not work in the UK?

Not quite sure to be honest, they've been quite unclear on it all. Twitch streaming doesn't work at launch which is annoying for streamers. 

Well hopefully it works for you guys.

I'll probably wait until a price drop for the X1, but I hope their launch goes smoothly. I've been enjoying the low load on the servers for FIFA but it'll all go away soon on the 29th. Similarily, even though I hate MS, don't be too hard on them if their servers struggle for a bit.

Edited by Kwan

Well hopefully it works for you guys.

I'll probably wait until a price drop for the X1, but I hope their launch goes smoothly. I've been enjoying the low load on the servers for FIFA but it'll all go away soon on the 29th. Similarily, even though I hate MS, don't be too hard on them if their servers struggle for a bit.

Well to be fair it's expected that the servers will just be a mess at launch. I just hope that Battlefield is able to run once the servers stabelise. Doubt it will though. 

I would honestly be surprised if it works at launch. I have played a total of 30 seconds of multiplayer and all of my single player saves get corrupt.

Every. Other. Game. Works.

It's near inexcusable how I can't even play single player on it.

I would honestly be surprised if it works at launch. I have played a total of 30 seconds of multiplayer and all of my single player saves get corrupt.

Every. Other. Game. Works.

It's near inexcusable how I can't even play single player on it.

It's horrendous. I'm surprised game review sites aren't absolutely slating it. Has there ever been another game so broken at launch? 

Well they rush out their reviews to be the first one in and probably only play local multiplayer or multiplayer set up at their review site. No chance of actually getting an accurate review when it's out in the wild.

They also have to be careful not to slate the games too much so they can still have all of the early access previews and what not. It's a mess.

Edited by Kwan

Sweet. Think it's looking good. If I was a "hardcore gamer" it would annoy me that you can't upgrade the HDD. Seems a silly move really..

It seems to me Microsoft don't see this as an issue. The machine will automatically delete old stuff when it needs to create space for new. It's supposed to be intelligent about how it handles everything and all your purchases will be tied to your account so as long as you've got a good internet connection I don't think hard disk space will be a problem. It would be nice to be able to put an SSD or a hybrid drive in there though.

(Edit: #damnyouautocorrect )

Edited by The_Rev

Â