Proudest Gaming Achievements

hogso

I've done a fair bit of competitive Lan tourneys on the 360: all teams games: Gears of War 1: TSG Lan came 1st, XL Lan came 2nd, WCG UK qualifiers came 1st, went to the finals in Seattle back in 2007, came 3rd due to the single elimination format still won $8000 for that. I quit Gears for COD MW, played 1 Lan tourney and came 2nd in team event. Altogether i probably taken close to £10,000 in prize money, won headsets, 360's, TV's monitors,free trip America n expenses paid for. Was sponsored on Gears of War 1 and COD, got all my hotels,travel paid for. Good times.

Must have felt good. I milked years of bragging rights out of killing a 6 man terrorist team with a deagle once, but that was only on a pub server

I was literally shaking when it was down to 2 on 1, my heart was going a million times a minute and I have no idea how I managed to pick up the last 2 kills, surprised I could aim properly. Maybe that's the only reason I managed it.

I've never came close to doing anything like it again, I'm no where near a decent player, was probably the worst one on the team as well, was only playing the match because one of our other guys was out.

Blackwing Lair, when it was actually really hard. :thumb:
I can't believe I forgot about WoW.

World first C'thun kill (that's my hand of rag sneaking into the picture on the right!) would probably be the highlight there, a fair few other world firsts as well, but that one was the big one.

When he was still bugged as well. Double tentacle spawns and we still managed to take him down.

I managed to get all of the achievements for Call of Duty 4 and World at War. Mile Higfh Club on veteran is **** ridiculous.

Although this isn't my own I think it's worth a mention anyway. My brother managed to defeat Psycho Mantis from MGS without switching controller ports. This was when the game first came out and he didn't actually know that you had to switch the controllers over. I was only about 7 at the time but I still remember watching him do it.

For those who aren't familiar with this boss fight, the enemy in question is psychic and the game is programmed so that unless you switch your controller over to port 2, 9 out of 10 of your punches/shots completely miss as he knows exactly where you're going.

You were in Nihilum?

Yep. For about 6 months, quit not long after we cleared AQ... then not long after they got sponsored by steel series and the whole guild got mice and headsets :(

Completely burnt out on the game from being in there though. Their farming rules were crazy, you had to turn up to raids with ridiculous amounts of pots or you didn't raid.

Progress raids were flasks on everyone, and every type of resistance potion you can imagine.

AQ was a nightmare to farm for as it was all nature resistance pots, and every single attempt you'd have to pre-pot, and pop another as soon as the first one was gone. Going through 20 in a night was pretty normal.

How come you never posted in our WoW thread about this?

I didn't sign up to here until after I'd quit WoW (for the first time anyway), and I hate being the guy that posts on WoW threads going "yeah guys I used to be in nihilum" because I wasn't exactly a vital part of it, or there for that long, just one of the many hundreds that have passed through their doors.

I used to have a sticky post on the WoW EU warrior forums too, got mentioned on the front page of the wow website as well, that was a pretty awesome achievement. It's long since disappeared since they updated the forums though, but there's still copies floating around on the net (like here) probably the biggest mistake I ever made in that game, constant level ones sending tells asking for advice.

getting 100% on GTA III was pretty awsome and Vice City.

dawn of war on a lan game with 4 of us playing 3 brutal orks taking us 7 hours of non stop gaming between 11pm and 6am to beat them.

completing horde on gears 2 on hardcore.

my greatest of all was on PES5.

friend came to stay at uni, at the time my best friend from school (who lived in my apartment) was also involved. We were playing PES talking about uni, politics etc etc whilst playing along.

it was winner stays on and I had been on a few times and it was heading towards midnight.

they both decided that instead of winner stays on for a match it was 10 minutes each way and it was whoever wins the half stays on.

I eventually went to bed 6 hours later, and no they weren't noobs at PES, they both had it themselves. It was at my PES pinacle.

Getting the invincibility cheat on Goldeneye is up there for me.

I think you had to complete facility on 00 Agent in 2 minutes 5 seconds.

Took for ever, you literally had to strafe around every corner dodging gubfire and any slight **** up, even in movement meant failure.

I've done a fair bit of competitive Lan tourneys on the 360: all teams games: Gears of War 1: TSG Lan came 1st, XL Lan came 2nd, WCG UK qualifiers came 1st, went to the finals in Seattle back in 2007, came 3rd due to the single elimination format still won $8000 for that. I quit Gears for COD MW, played 1 Lan tourney and came 2nd in team event. Altogether i probably taken close to £10,000 in prize money, won headsets, 360's, TV's monitors,free trip America n expenses paid for. Was sponsored on Gears of War 1 and COD, got all my hotels,travel paid for. Good times.

HE'S HARDCORE

Meh. He probably had less /played than us those first two years, AND I bet he never got a lady pregnant! :winkold:

Meh. He probably had less /played than us those first two years, AND I bet he never got a lady pregnant! :winkold:

I didn't get a lady pregnant, in fact it cost me the opportunity to do that (one of the reasons I quit, nihilum destroys relationships) but:

LFTDO.jpg

That's dated 31/01/06, so less than a year after launch, works out at like 8 hours a day. I can go head to head with anyone's hopeless wow addiction :P

I didn't get a lady pregnant, in fact it cost me the opportunity to do that (one of the reasons I quit, nihilum destroys relationships) but:

LFTDO.jpg

That's dated 31/01/06, so less than a year after launch, works out at like 8 hours a day. I can go head to head with anyone's hopeless wow addiction :P

I had more than 120 days /played on Nayson before TBC launched, and yes, I managed to sire a child during that time. In fact, both my kids were conceived during WoW playing days. I hope they are mine! :shock:

An interesting aside, 19 days /played to ding 60. It took more than 30 for Nayson (the delights of a PvP server during vanilla :hooray:) and I think you an do 1-85 in 3 or 4 days now. How things change!

Perfect of every character on level 8 of Street Fighter 2: World Warrior on the SNES. Including Vega, who really reminds me of Fernando Torres.

Is that even possible?

Yup. Ryu with a perfect technique of Fireball / Dragon-Punch is pretty-much invincible. You don't need to block as you can keep on firing out Hado-Kens until they have to attack and jump over, at which point you Sho-Ryu-Ken and no other character's move can get through a correctly timed one of those. :)

Getting the invincibility cheat on Goldeneye is up there for me.

I think you had to complete facility on 00 Agent in 2 minutes 5 seconds.

Took for ever, you literally had to strafe around every corner dodging gubfire and any slight **** up, even in movement meant failure.

lol this is mine also.

Hardest thing I ever did, you needed Dr Doak to be at just the right place, to do this.

I also had a couple times in the top 20 on a couple wipeout HD tracks, dont anymore though.

Â