The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aside from the obvious (fergie, guardiola, mourinho etc) i dont think a manager we could realistically attract would be doing any better with the squad we have IMO.

I just can't understand this kind of thinking

Its absolute rubbish. Bar the keeper, man for man we have better players in every position than Swansea. All of their squad cost less than our striker and yet they played is off the park, at home. Our team has the potential to be top 7, easily.

aside from the obvious (fergie, guardiola, mourinho etc) i dont think a manager we could realistically attract would be doing any better with the squad we have IMO.

Agreed. We have a decent squad - as good as anybody outside of the top 6 - yet it is being undermined by a manager that hasn't got a clue and being made to look like relegation material.

I used to say that Eck doesn't have a clue about setting up a front 6 but it appears that this is also true of the back 5 and that Dann and Johnson were a lucky fluke, much like the win at Chelski.

The sooner he is gone the sooner we can get somebody in with a bit of character and a clue about football and the football club can start progressing again.

Come on folks, this is the first time in I don't know how many years that we've all been united in our opinion of the manager
I do not think that is true

There are still some fans that support Mcleish and wish to give him more time.

In addition I would just add, get rid of Mcleish then brilliant, he has to go. But the main problem would still be at the club

Both have to go for me

I would prefer it if the fans ripped all their season tickets in the next home game (defeat obv) and then not attend. That would set out a clear message.

Season ticket holders already burnt their money the moment they foolishly thought McLeish was gonna do good here. You cannot polish a turd.

Agreed. We have a decent squad - as good as anybody outside of the top 6

That may well be the case. You think though that last season we also had Ash, Downing, Luke Young, Friedel and yet were in relegation mire for 5 months then this club has now been under achieving for some time and that blame has to ultimately lie with the owner for appointing two useless bastards to manage us. I wouldn't have any confidence he would make a good choice next time.

Mark, maybe I can get you to change your sig then to

"Putting Randy Lerner in charge of looking for a new manager is like asking Ian Huntley to baby sit your children. It won't end well. " :winkold:

Come on folks, this is the first time in I don't know how many years that we've all been united in our opinion of the manager

In addition I would just add, get rid of Mcleish then brilliant, he has to go. But the main problem would still be at the club

Both have to go for me

At this moment in time I'd guess about 98% of Villa fans want him gone. When have Villa fans ever been that united on a manager?

Houllier got stick because he was a arrogant and unlikable man who showed little respect to the club or fans and who from the day he arrived (eventually) appeared to be looking down his nose. He didn't get on with players or fans seems to think rapport is an brand of aftershave.

He got stick for persisting with the likes of Pires while banishing the likes of Warnock, he got stick for his lack of passion, his appearance of being a man seeking a retirement fund, he got stick for not even bothering to try at Man City.

He got stick because we didn't like him and very very few rated what he was doing in the job. It had nothing to do with his nationality or his appearance.

As for McLeish once again his nationality and appearance really have nothing to do with it and I'd suggest he is far more unpopular than Houllier ever was.

Warnock is shocking

Went to the game today & well... erm!

That was basically football suicide was it not?! Shocking performance but then what the heck do we expect when we gift a goal within 4 minutes of each half to a side with a very good defence?! It was game over after 4 minutes. Straight away their tails were up due to shocking, abysmal defending & the thing was we kept on doing the same thing which for me is bad coaching. It appears the players are being coached to "pass it back to the keeper" if there is the slightest risk coming at them & for me swansea simply rumbled this & were waiting for exactly that..Twice it paid off for them & the game was lost before it started. as for the attacking prowess we displayed in our feeble attempts to get back into it well please don't get me started on that.

Basically poor, negative coaching which was rumbled by the opposition.

Also i have lost count of the times crosses are put over by our central defenders & they never ever find their man.. Surely it should be our wingers & midfielders putting in the final ball? Although having said that Nzog's final ball is possibly the worst i have ever witnessed,,He laid it back for Ireland at Chelsea for sure but i think thats what... 1 in 50? Shocking really really shocking!

All round an utter embarrasment to witness & i have to say i expected much better especially after the Chelsea result.

As for the atmosphere?! :shock:

I'm not so sure it would be that high Mantis.

Pretty much everyone agress that McLeish shouldn't have been hired in first place but there are fair few of Villa fans prepared to still give McLeish more time etc.

Can't say im one of them myself. I think he will only cause damage here both shorterm and longterm.

Pretty much everyone agress that McLeish shouldn't have been hired in first place but there are fair few of Villa fans prepared to still give McLeish more time etc.

Can't say im one of them myself. I think he will only cause damage here both shorterm and longterm.

Ok then, I bet only about 1 or 2% would actually want him to stay.

Both have to go for me

At this moment in time I'd guess about 98% of Villa fans want him gone. When have Villa fans ever been that united on a manager?
98%? or is that a figure you are making up?

The last poll on here had 87% saying they definitely wanted him out. The rest said keep or give more time

The fact that the transfer window has now opened and we have beaten Chelsea and picked up other points (or had "better perfroamces" as some feel - not I I may add) recently I would guess that it may still be around 87% or in fact could actually be lower

Ok then, I bet only about 1 or 2% would actually want him to stay.
Check out that poll in my last post.

4% actually, I would think it may even be higher than that now by the odd percent or so.

Mark, maybe I can get you to change your sig then to

"Putting Randy Lerner in charge of looking for a new manager is like asking Ian Huntley to baby sit your children. It won't end well. " :winkold:

:lol: I like it. I've tried to add it mate but it makes my sig too long and as much as you'd like me to I can't let George off the hook just yet. :winkold:

Â