The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McLeish at Old Trafford watching the reserves, just showed him on the TV. Seeing how are youth do for the future under him? Hope not!

Being taught a lesson about football perhaps?

There is a big players meeting after the Norwich game, apparently not happened before so soon. Thinking it'll be discussing McLeish and how they feel the season went (speculating), not sure how much this goes against McLeish, but I know for a fact, 1 or 2 players detest playing for him, noting his style, dont know about the rest of the team but they have never looked very motivated.

I sadly think'll he stay. The Blackburn situation concerns me, they sang for his head almost every match, he got them relegated in the end (fans proved right) yet he is still there and set to continue! They even sacked the CEO for suggesting Keane should be fired.

Hopefully Randy isn't as stubborn or stupid as the Venkey's.

Are you alright?!

Not likely, this chap is sweating in his bowler pondering how to make Alex and his team (if they are to stay) more bearable. I have messaged Nicky Keye, outlining the Gentleman's 3-point ('1-big point' to make Alex more comfortable) plan to personal improvability:

i) Alex should refer to himself as Alexander, adds prestige, pedigree and dynamism.

ii) Alex should wear a claret and blue pleated kilt on match-days, be proud of you roots scottish flower and strike fear into your opponents.

iii) Purchase Apple I-pads, with pre-downloaded Barcelona tactical app, for coaching staff to wave and point at.

I fear you're trying a tad too hard there, squire.

A team with Bannan, Albrighton, Weiman, Baker, Clark in - will get relegated - no matter who the manager. The results this season (and to an extent last) prove that.

100% Agree.

Whilst I think he is an utterly useless manager and detest his style of football, the fact that he has to use these players week in week out is more Lerner's fault than Mcleish's.

Or having to use known problem causers like Collins, Dunne and Warnock who were signed on high and long contracts by MON. Yes, Randy has to take some responsibility for previous transfer policies but ultimately with an incredibly high wage bill and no hope of selling off certain players we were forced to use youth.

As boring and negative as McLeish is he's working with a squad of older, more experienced players with bad attitudes and inexperienced young players who aren't good enough/or aren't good enough just yet for this league.

MON knew how to make his players feel special (whether through motivation or money) he could get the players to play for him in a system they felt comfortable in.

Unless we address the attitudes of the players and get rid of the bad apples any manager will struggle to get the best out of them. For the wages a lot of our senior players are on we could easily sign a better caliber of player.

Attitudes at all levels of this club need to change. Otherwise we will be relegated. The players need to take responsibility for their performances as does McLeish.

In a squad of 25 young men, footballers, all earning money we can only dream of - you're going to get some personality issues - you're gonna get some players who think they are above effort. Its the managers job to deal with it - and get those players performing. Moving players on and hoping to get 25 players who all arrive on time, always give 100% , and always do as there told won't happen.

The attitudes will always be there - and BTW the 2 worst offenders this season Bannan, (Drink Driving), Herd (Night Club Brawl) are products of our own academy - thats not slight the work of the academy - but just that the rogue element will always be present.

A team with Bannan, Albrighton, Weiman, Baker, Clark in - will get relegated - no matter who the manager. The results this season (and to an extent last) prove that.

:?

If anything, this season, and indeed to an extent last season - prove that this is complete bollocks. Last time I looked we werent relegated in either season.

If anything, this season, and indeed to an extent last season - prove that this is complete bollocks. Last time I looked we werent relegated in either season.

OK - What I meant was if those players form the mainstay of our squad next season we will be relegated. This season they were only used to cover injuries. The results 'dipped' the more home growns that made the first 11.

I believe only lichaj and herd displaced a player - or retained there place when the manager had an option.

Whilst I want rid of Mcleish - I think the club need to wake up as to the impact the academy kids can have. Basically they produce middle of the road grafters - with the odd exception of course.

There is a big players meeting after the Norwich game.

I hope this is just a wild rumour

The players (Given & Petrov aside) have just as much to answer for as the manager

OK - What I meant was if those players form the mainstay of our squad next season we will be relegated. This season they were only used to cover injuries. The results 'dipped' the more home growns that made the first 11.

I believe only lichaj and herd displaced a player - or retained there place when the manager had an option.

Whilst I want rid of Mcleish - I think the club need to wake up as to the impact the academy kids can have. Basically they produce middle of the road grafters - with the odd exception of course.

Cant argue there

but I know for a fact, 1 or 2 players detest playing for him

Well they can get lost as well then. Not paid thousands of pounds to like/pick and choose who they play for.

And us fans don't put in millions of pounds to be given a joke of a manager who is killing our club.

To be fair to the players guys. Those who have been to games and watched in detail, how the **** are the players supposed to play great football with the tactics. The last game Tottenham for example, even against 10 we were still 7-9 behind the ball, all this does is invite intense pressure and every time the ball is kicked away from our half there is no one to collect so the apposing team just come back at us. This happens nearly every game, no player is tought to handle this type of pressure and it shows players up, this is not how the youth or even the first team players have been trained.

Going nowhere.

The Norwich game will pass, the CL final will take place, the summer will come - there will be the Euros/Olympics, AMcL will add a few additions, the kit would have been released, and people will be eagerly awaiting the start of a new season. This nightmare will almost be a distant memory. The dust would have settled and the anger levels will have well and truly subsided.

We're football fans. It's what we do.

but I know for a fact, 1 or 2 players detest playing for him

Well they can get lost as well then. Not paid thousands of pounds to like/pick and choose who they play for.

And us fans don't put in millions of pounds to be given a joke of a manager who is killing our club.

Agreed,

Surely u dont do it either to be taken the piss out of by players who dont care?

yes the managers truly awful, but I think a lot of fans need to wake up. Too busy singing silly songs to realise what is bang in front of their face.

The last game Tottenham for example.

I was there, this is the game Heskey missed a sitter and Dunne wrecklessy handed them their equaliser

Take those individual errors out, we've won

How is that the manager fault

There is a big players meeting after the Norwich game.

I hope this is just a wild rumour

The players (Given & Petrov aside) have just as much to answer for as the manager

Owners don't call meetings with players to discuss the manager's position, just as they don't consult players on managerial appointments.

Going nowhere.

The Norwich game will pass, the CL final will take place, the summer will come - there will be the Euros/Olympics, AMcL will add a few additions, the kit would have been released, and people will be eagerly awaiting the start of a new season. This nightmare will almost be a distant memory. The dust would have settled and the anger levels will have well and truly subsided.

This nightmare will never be a distant memory....it is embellished in Aston Villas history.

The worst home record ever!!

Going nowhere.

Until the middle of August when, if McLeish is still manager, the nightmare will begin again.

Going nowhere.

Until the middle of August when, if McLeish is still manager, the nightmare will being again.

Double post. :|

Â