The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's strange but I don't detect this groundswell of anger to remove the manager at the games

Today for example, there were teenagers handing out the A4 McLeish out flyers pre match outside the Holte

Most people were just screwing them up and tossing them on the floor

No jeering of McLeish or boos either, nothing in the ground

I think this hatred of him is just by a small minority who post on here and H&V

You reckon!? You were at the Bolton match, weren't you!? Didn't you hear virtually the whole stadium singing anti-Mcleish songs!? And didn't you hear the song on the final whistle today!?

Yeah Bolton from 80 mins onwards was bad as was Wigan away after he bought Heskey on

Sorry I left on 90 mins so missed that

I was in C4 where the atmosphere seemed very pro-McLeish

You didn't stay for the added time then.

I guess C4 is reserved for friends, family and supporters of the manager.

It's strange but I don't detect this groundswell of anger to remove the manager at the games

Today for example, there were teenagers handing out the A4 McLeish out flyers pre match outside the Holte

Most people were just screwing them up and tossing them on the floor

No jeering of McLeish or boos either, nothing in the ground

I think this hatred of him is just by a small minority who post on here and H&V

You were one of the ones saying we shouldn't protest, yet you too want him gone, so maybe the rest of the ground is of the same stance.

It's the ones that do nothing that transmit the message that we are behind the manager. Football is about results, competition, pride and passion and at VP we seem to be lacking in all four areas on and off the pitch!

Well the protests did 'bomb' and in all probability that has saved Mcleish his job. I think it bombed because:-

1.The leaflets were great ...as leaflets - but not as mini banners - white paper - black text 'Mcleish Out' - with an instruction to hold it up when the players take the field - this would have been simplier and more effective.

2.There was a desire to back the team- but again I seen a lot of people in the ground with the leaflets - but not sure what to do with them

3.Before today - I think many thought Mcleish was already gone. To me it needed a big protest and a home defeat - neither happened

4.So Mcleish isn't going to resign - I don't see Randy sacking him - his brief must have been 'Reduce the wage bill - keep us in the prem' - So AM has done what was asked of him.

The only hope now - is that with a reduced wage bill - premier league status - This is as good as its going to get if Randy wants to sell - that wage bill will have to be increased - or we loose our PL status next season.

I just can't see any logic behind a decision to keep him. It doesn't make sense for on-field nor off-field reasons. We gain nothing financially by keeping him and almost any other half decent manager would get the team performing better.

I'm trying really hard to convince myself that the board can see this logic and McLeish will go...but then remembered it's the same people who decided to hire him in the first place...

Randy Lerner has been very supportive, he's sent positive texts in the last few days and there is no indication of an urgent meeting being required. I expect to be here next season and hope to win the fans over. In general, the fans have been excellent."

Oh dear !

Hope those who didn't protest today can sleep easy - hes off the hook

take a leaf from chelsea.. the owner knew he hired the wrong man,they got rid & it cost a few quid but i would say if they had stuck with him theirs no way they would be in the CL final & won the FA cup..we on the other hand has suffered with poor performances & worst results in a long time, RL must act now or reap what you sow

The fans were good today.

Supported the players throughout the 90 minutes and then told McLeish yet again what we think of him at the final whistle.

Not sure what the hell people are expecting.

I think what some of us expect is that those fans that moan and do **** all like some on here would actually stop moaning and slagging off those that actually do something.

I agree with you, the fans were good today and supported the players throughout the 90 minutes but there was not enough who could be bothered to let Lerner and McLeish know what we think of the situation.

If it is true what someone else stated on here earlier that fans were just throwing their 'McLeish Out' flyers on the ground after being given them before the game then this level of supporter apathy is likely to lead to a continuation of the poor standards we have witnessed this season

Trying to be as factual as I can...

Don't want McLeish next season. He's failed to get the best out of this squad, the football is dreadful, as well as results being down the pan.

What I thought would happen: he'd mould us into a Gregory era-like tough nut of a team and plonk us somewhere in mid-table, that's why I didn't want him!

What has happened: to be fair the team has been destroyed by key injuries since December/January but the football he's got us playing is backward and old fashioned, we never keep the ball for long periods and never look capable of scoring more than once. The team has failed miserably at defending set pieces and results have almost led us to the trap door.

High points of the season: beating Chelsea on NYE where Ireland finally showed some class. Another was possibly coming back from 2-0 down at home to draw with QPR where at least we showed some spirit. Apart from that?? Absolutely miserable...

What kind of team did McLeish inherit? In my opinion a squad of good players and one that was capable of good football. We had struggled for much of the previous season but had found some form when Bent arrived and we finished 9th.

I was no great fan of Houllier, but at least he encouraged a positive possession game, a more attractive brand than under MON.

In the summer...

I thought £20 mill for Downing, replacing him with £9.5 mill N'Zogbia was good business. £10 mill profit with a high quality replacement - Zog has gone from bad to worst at times this year. (McLeish fail).

£17 mill again a good price for Young, tried to replace him with Albrighton who'd shown potential in early part of 2011 - Albrighton has been out of position, desperately out of form and confidence this year. (McLeish fail).

I liked Luke Young and £2.5 mill for him I felt was cheap from QPR - replaced him with Hutton, who for me has been a truly low factor of this campaign. (McLeish fail).

Friedel had every right to one last big contract at Spurs and we found a good replacement in Given, so no complaints there.

The last 2 to mention I guess are Reo-Coker and Carew leaving for free, both players who I felt at the top of their game were really good solid players for this club. I know people will turn around and say 'McLeish was told to cut the wages', but the fact is the aforementioned were decent players who have only been replaced IN THE FIRST 11 by names such as Weimann, Heskey, Clark and Herd. In my opinion no where near the standard required to make us a good Premier League outfit.

Sorry to be long winded just tried to be as matter of fact and explore as much evidence as possible. The playing staff is not what it was, that's a given, but McLeish has done nothing to turn the tide or inject any hope or positivity.

A dreadful dreadful managerial appointment, and an equally bad season.

Short of storming the directors box, I don't understand why people think a few more fans chanting McLeish out will make any difference in Randy's mind.

I think the decision has already been made...let's hope it's the right one and McLeish is sent packing after Norwich.

Seriously this has to be a bad dream. There is no way they board can feed us some BS and say we will get better under him.

We have JUST stayed up. Teams above us have a poorer squads and have gone along fine and dealt with 'what they've got'.

When we had Bent Dunne and Stan in the spine of our team we we're still shit, poor and very boring.

The guys a idiot. If he stays it means another season for me away from VP.

I want this nightmare to end. It's a joke he got the job in the first place, it will be a bigger joke if he stays on following this season.

Let's face it, we are all but an absolute miracle safe from relegation so there is some mileage in sacking McLeish now if that is what Randy Lerner's intent is.

Win, draw or lose at Norwich makes not one bit of difference to or Premier League status for 2012/2013 but sacking McLeish before this game would not only guarantee that there would be no anti manager chants or sentiment in the days leading up to the game and during the game and the lift that it would give to the fans would be brilliant.

Â