The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Dougs roses in bloom yet maybe he could have a word!

I have been going to VP since the revolution in the late sixties. In that time I have seen numerous managers come and go. Below is that list with their win ratios.

1. Graham Taylor MK1 45.77%

2. Tony Barton 44.62%

3. Ron Saunders 44.48%

4. Vic Crowe 44.22%

5. Ron Atkinson 43.26%

6. John Gregory 43.16%

7. Martin O'Neil 42.11%

8. Brian Little 41.46%

9. Gerard Houllier 38.89%

10. David O'Leary 35.88%

11. Jozef Venglos 32.65%

12. Graham Taylor MK2 31.67%

13. Graham Turner 31.43%

14. Tommy Docherty 28.26%

15. Alex McLeish 24.32%

16. Billy McNeil 21.95%

I don't care if Doug's roses are in bloom or not. He most certainly does need to have a word.

I am very concerned about McLeish's ability to avoid relegation. We could easily have been beaten yesterday but were saved by a marginal offside decision.

I predict we will draw with Bolton and lose our other three games. I fear this will send us down.

I doubt that Randy is aware of those stats or actually bothered, The Bolton game is a must win or the Baggies game will be torture,they are out to nail us big time.

Mc Leish moans about a lack of Cash yet wastes money on Hutton(worst right back ever at VP) N'Zogbia(say no more) and signs a known crock (Jenas ) on loan,would you give any more money I know that I would'nt.

Was there any protest yesterday or anti McLeish chants ?

There was one anti mcleish chant - it followed the chant:

'Martin you're a tw*t, Martin Martin, you're a tw*t'

then it was (which i got involved in)

'Alex you're a tw*t, Alex Alex, you're a tw*t'

Along with some booing at the end result.

EDIT - 900 pages about our pratt of a manager - hey Lerner you faggot, look at this.

You must feel ever so big for doing that.

It was quite tragic really.

:lol::lol: At least he tried though, tragic that that was it!

You must feel ever so big for doing that.

It was quite tragic really.

I got involved because most of the time people can't be arsed to show their feelings about him, if we don't protest and chant about him, our message won't be heard.

You'd be better off just not going to the games at all, you'll save yourself money, and it'll hit Lerner where it hurts, forcing him to take notice, as he doesnt seem too bothered at the moment. Why anyone would want to set foot in VP at the minute with AM in charge, i don't know, we're going no where, and the football is dire.

Surely there's better ways to show your disapproval then simply calling a man you don't know a twa*t. In fact, simply chanting that the manager is a clearing in the woods just comes across as pathetic. IMO anyway.

You'd be better off just not going to the games at all, you'll save yourself money, and it'll hit Lerner where it hurts, forcing him to take notice, as he doesnt seem too bothered at the moment. Why anyone would want to set foot in VP at the minute with AM in charge, i don't know, we're going no where, and the football is dire.

I'm a season ticket holder, so that would be pointless. Going to Villa park is something I look forward to every week. I don't enjoy the football we're playing, but I enjoy singing, chanting and getting behind the boys. So my way of protesting against our manager is by chanting, your way is by not coming. We have different ways of doing the same thing.

I think if Lerner were at VP more, we would pick up more whispers of his discontent, but as he is thousands of miles away we miss out on these snippets. I think silence is seen by many that he is keen to keep Mcleish. Like someone else said I believe he is a dead man walking, his mannerisms would suggest to me that he knows this to

I'm a season ticket holder, so that would be pointless. Going to Villa park is something I look forward to every week. I don't enjoy the football we're playing, but I enjoy singing, chanting and getting behind the boys. So my way of protesting against our manager is by chanting, your way is by not coming. We have different ways of doing the same thing.

Whilst its good you still go down, i don't why you'd want to renew - we're going no where with AM in charge, we can't win games, football is dire, RL doesnt seem to be bothered, offers nice gestures of free travel every so often hoping it'll keep us quiet, but we never hear from him, half the players dont seem bothered, and its expensive.

Thankfully, my decision not to renew coincided with MON leaving, so i've missed all this rubbish.

Thankfully, my decision not to renew coincided with MON leaving, so i've missed all this rubbish.

Just to update you.

It's not much different.

The football is a different kind of rubbish. Trying to pass (badly) over using Dunne and Collins just to hit long balls all of the time.

McLeish probably thinks that he is a bit more positive, as he generally leaves one up when the opposition have a corner at VP.

The messiah managed to get them to win ugly at VP occasionally. AM can't even achieve that.

If you managed to endure the O'Neill dirge by renewing all of the time, then I take my hat off to you.

I cry for our football club. If only a footballing manager had been hired in 2006, with all of the investment that was available.

But that was not to be, and we are where we are. The only thing that we can pray for is that the next one is a footballing manager.

Â