The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of DOL's last seaosn, before Randy took over, my opinion was a certain "We WILL get relegated next season" I just knew it would happen.

Luckily Randy and MON turned things around.

If McLeish is in charge next season, I now hold that same knowledge. We WILL get relegated next season if McLeish is in charge.

The Sun confirm the "no plans to sack" line.

ALEX McLEISH’S job as Aston Villa boss is safe.

The club rubbished reports they will axe him to bring in a new man and a sporting director this summer.

Injury-hit Villa have been dragged into the relegation battle but McLeish is sure his youthful squad will stay up.

And SunSport can reveal he still has the backing of owner Randy Lerner, who has no intention of destabilising the club further.

A club source said: “There is no foundation to this. The club believes in continuity. We are putting in foundations on which to move the club forward. Alex remains an integral part of that.”

Kevin MacDonald, Gerard Houllier, Gary McAllister and McLeish have all been in charge since Martin O’Neill left Villa Park in 2010.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4265180/Aston-Villa-give-their-backing-to-under-fire-boss-Alex-McLeish.html

'A club source?' Mmmm.

No-one named! I'd use this quote as toilet paper. Wait and see if there's an actual quote from the club on this before we all get our nickers in a twist.

The club rubbished reports they will axe him to bring in a new man and a sporting director this summer.

Injury-hit Villa have been dragged into the relegation battle but McLeish is sure his youthful squad will stay up.

And SunSport can reveal he still has the backing of owner Randy Lerner, who has no intention of destabilising the club further.

A club source said: “There is no foundation to this. The club believes in continuity. We are putting in foundations on which to move the club forward. Alex remains an integral part of that.”

Kevin MacDonald, Gerard Houllier, Gary McAllister and McLeish have all been in charge since Martin O’Neill left Villa Park in 2010.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4265180/Aston-Villa-give-their-backing-to-under-fire-boss-Alex-McLeish.html

'A club source?' Mmmm.

No-one named! I'd use this quote as toilet paper. Wait and see if there's an actual quote from the club on this before we all get our nickers in a twist.

Exactly, people like Matt Kendrick only get told what the club want the public to be told/think.

The club know they're gobshites who post on these boards and Twitter, thus the club would not tell them anything 'sensitive' because they know it will be all over the tinterweb within minutes.

So which of these would you rather?

- Relegation, but McLeish sacked.

- We stay up, but McLeish stays for the next 5 years plus.

Both those options end in relegation, eventually.

The atmosphere at Villa Park needs to get a lot more poisonous towards McLeish – they need to know that we're not **** about. There still haven't been persistent chants against him. Make it uncomfortable enough and I'm confident a club statement will come beginning "By mutual agreement..." and the nightmare will be over.

This. Time to ramp up the nastiness. About time Lerner copped some stick as well.

Heres a rubbish source (Goal) contradicting another rubbish source (Sun).

Sounds like same guy who spoke to Daily Star is also speaking to Goal. More in-depth than the Daily Stars article and with some quotes from their "source."

Exclusive - Aston Villa ready to sack McLeish in summer and overhaul club's management set-up

Club chiefs are alarmed at dwindling attendances and the conservative football under the Scot as they consider recruiting a director of football to work with the manager

EXCLUSIVE - Aston Villa are preparing to sack Alex McLeish at the end of the season and overhaul the club's management set-up, Goal.com has learned.

Villa chiefs are ready to dispense with the Scot after winning just one of their last 12 matches, a run that has left the club hovering just above the relegation zone in 15th place.

Senior officials are believed to be alarmed at the conservative style of football under McLeish, which has yielded the fourth worst goals record in the league this season, and falling attendances at Villa Park.

Goal.com understands that owner Randy Lerner is considering sanctioning radical changes by introducing a continental-style set-up, with the manager working in alliance with a director of football.

FALLING FAST

VILLA PARK'S AVERAGE ATTENDANCE

2006-07 36,214

2007-08 40,029

2008-09 39,811

2009-10 38,753

2010-11 37,193

2011-12 33,922

The American credit card magnate is ready to begin compiling a shortlist of managerial targets, with Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers among the early names in the frame.

Martinez rejected the opportunity to be interviewed by Villa last June following Gerard Houllier’s exit but Goal.com revealed last week that the Spaniard will leave Wigan Athletic at the end of the season, regardless of whether the Latics stay in the Premier League.

A large section of Villa’s supporter base has never taken to McLeish because of his connections to neighbours Birmingham City, who dropped into the Championship last season under his stewardship, and his unpopularity has been heightened by a string of uninspiring displays this season.

Villa’s average Premier League attendance has slumped to 33,922 this season, comfortably the lowest since Lerner bought the club in 2006. Last season Villa averaged 37,193 for each home match and, in the four seasons under Martin O’Neill the average gates from 2006-07 to 2009-10 were consecutively 36,214, 40,029, 39,811 and 38,573.

Villa have been without record signing Darren Bent since he suffered an ankle injury in February that ruled him out for the season but only Stoke City (32), Wigan (33) and Wolves (34) have scored less than the Midland club’s 35 league goals.

American Lerner, once a regular at Villa Park, has cut back on his match attendance this season, although he visited the training ground a fortnight ago to deliver a speech to the playing squad.

"Nothing will happen before the end of the season but Alex McLeish’s position is being scrutinised by those at the top of the club," a source told Goal.com. "The board are considering changing the whole set-up. They knew this would be a season of transition after selling [stewart] Downing, [Ashley] Young and [brad] Friedel and were not expecting a top-six finish but they have been alarmed at the lack of ambition, particularly at home. The attendances at Villa Park tell its own story."

McLeish has two more years left on the contract that he signed last summer and Lerner will be loathe to fund another substantial compensation pay-out after making payments amounting to £12 million to ex-bosses O’Neill and Houllier and their backroom teams. The Villa owner also paid compensation to Birmingham for McLeish last summer.

Nevertheless, there is a growing consensus at Villa Park that the club should act when the season finishes, given that Villa have the seventh biggest stadium in the Premier League and the seventh highest turnover behind the six Champions League calibre clubs – Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham.

There is talk of a Lerner making available significant funds for transfers and wages in the summer but the club announced in February a loss of £54m for the year ending May 31, 2011.

How sad its now got to the point where a clubs own supporters want their side to get relegated just so they can get rid of the clown in charge
OK, there's the 64 Dollar question (maybe worth a poll?)

I know what we REALLY want is survival AND a new manager. But let's say that's not an option. If you HAVE to choose, which would you prefer?

(A) Relegation and a new manager (for the sake of argument, somebody you approve of)

OR

(B) Survival, but AMcL stays in charge

???

This thread, page 850

Me too. I'm such a good supporter. :lol:

I actually shunned Villa to start with Arsenal on my first game of Football Manager 2012 last night in protest to the current regime.

See what you made me do Randy...bastard!!!!!!!!111!!!!1111!!

Both are unthinkable. The correct course of action is so painstakingly obvious that it just has to happen. As soon as we secure survival this season (which we should) the bloke has to go.

'A club source?' Mmmm.

Exactly, people like Matt Kendrick only get told what the club want the public to be told/think.

The club know they're gobshites who post on these boards and Twitter, thus the club would not tell them anything 'sensitive' because they know it will be all over the tinterweb within minutes.

Kendrick posts on here?

I've just had a thought...

Mysteryman = Kendrick? :!:

Â