The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

All you have to say is look at our squad compared to Norwich over the course of the entire season, out players havent been performing for AM.. Look at gabby he has been awful.. Has not scored in about 14 games.

The difference is the players there are hungrier. Like i said in my post above...most of our seniors just couldnt give a **** about busting a gut for this club. They know some stupid sod will sign them again once they leave here so they just dont care. Whereas all the Norwich players are looking to make a name for themselves. For example...id take Grant Holt over any of our strikers all day long, just the same as id take Pilkington over any of our midfielders (including the genius Stephen Ireland). They just want it more.

Some would blame Mcleish. I dont. Im not saying hes not to blame at all because he blatantly is...but the players need to take most of the blame for their shocking performances

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When everyone is fit, which of course they are not at the moment, we have the 11th best squad in the division

How you work that one out??

Well I was looking at the league table and I looked at each team and considered whether they have a better squad or not. I counted 10 teams who have better players then villa, so 11th. What do you think?

In all honestly mate, i think our squad reflects our league position just about right. We have lost all our best players and most of our senior players are now just going through the motions putting in half arsed performances. Half of them dont even want to be here. Our kids are the only real thing to be happy about but its unfair to ask them to come in at this stage and put right what our seniors have managed to **** up all season.

The bottom line is that our squad is painfully average. Comfortably a bottom half squad of players. Major overhaul needed

Well yeah 11th place is bottom half so you are agreeing with me. I think we have better squad then the 5 teams below us, and I also think we have a better squad then west brom, stoke and the newly promoted clubs. (when everyone is fit)

In today's Birmingham Mail:

Alex McLeish felt it was a 'travesty' that Villa lost to Chelsea after bemoaning our 'corners curse' and some 'dodgy decisions' from the officials.

No, Alex, it was a travesty that you were appointed and it was on the cards that we would lose to Chelsea.

On our continual problem of letting in goals from corners Alex McLeish states that "it is frustrating, we're not ugly enough in there". "We're a bit soft in allowing people to run".

Well Alex you have had since last summer to sort out this problem and you still haven't managed to resolve it and we have the worst record in the Premier League in relation to conceding goals from corners plus we are the only Premier League team not score a league goal from a corner.

Alex you have failed on so many fronts and there is not one thing you can hold up as a positive achievement made during your reign as Villa manager. You are well on course to achieving the worst points return in our Premier League history and relegation is, as you have now admitted, a stark reality.

In any other business in any other walk of life you would have been sacked for gross incompetence. You live a charmed and highly paid life and you are taking money under false pretences. If you had told Lerner that what you would achieve this season is what I have stated above plus some of the most boring negative football ever seen at VP then I don't think even he, with his extreme lack of football knowledge, would have given you the job.

If you have a shred of decency in you, and before it is too late, hand in your notice and admit that you are well out of your depth at a club like Aston Villa.

A travesty !!

We played with passion and desire for all of 10 mins.

We nicked 2 goals in that time, the rest of the game was a stroll in the park for Chelsea.

The bloke is **** deluded !!

When everyone is fit, which of course they are not at the moment, we have the 11th best squad in the division

Well I was looking at the league table and I looked at each team and considered whether they have a better squad or not. I counted 10 teams who have better players then villa, so 11th. What do you think?

In all honestly mate, i think our squad reflects our league position just about right. We have lost all our best players and most of our senior players are now just going through the motions putting in half arsed performances. Half of them dont even want to be here. Our kids are the only real thing to be happy about but its unfair to ask them to come in at this stage and put right what our seniors have managed to **** up all season.

The bottom line is that our squad is painfully average. Comfortably a bottom half squad of players. Major overhaul needed

Well yeah 11th place is bottom half so you are agreeing with me. I think we have better squad then the 5 teams below us, and I also think we have a better squad then west brom, stoke and the newly promoted clubs. (when everyone is fit)

I think we have a better squad than Newcastle but it doesn't matter how good the vehicle is if the steering is ****.

Every interview he gives he just makes excuse after excuse to try and keep Lerner and Faulkner from blaming him for the mess we're in this season.

The truth is both RL & PF probably wouldn't even notice we'd been relegated, if the unthinkable happens, until they looked at the P&L account in 2013. Our club is **** clueless from top to bottom.

McLeish uses 'bad luck' again as the excuse.

Google through the internet for match reports/interviews from over the years and you will see he uses the same excuses after every game that his team loses.

Apart from that 15 minutes, we were never in the game. It was only because Chelsea lapsed into 1st gear that we managed to turn it around. Once it was 2-2, Chelsea went back up a gear and finished us off.

I have been racking my brains over why Lerner decided he was the man to take us forward.

I have looked through MON's record and AM and in Scotland there wasn't much between them. Plus MON, like AM at Blues, brought a team up from the Championship, kept them up (although MON did it on more than one occasion) and won a League Cup.

Barring the relegations, as I don't believe MON has a relegation on his CV, there is not much between them on success alone.

I can only assume that this is the reason why he was chosen as the best man to take us forward.

But, as most people know, the Scottish league is a totally different proposition to managing in the Premiership - something McLeish has failed at whilst at SHA, and now at Villa.

But we are talking about American's who are running the club. But on the flipside, the Yanks normally love entertaining sports with lots of action and goals, so I really don't get their thinking.

Perhaps they didn't do 'due diligence' and actually take the time to look at McLeish, his tactics, videos of his teams in action, more carefully.

Id say Stoke and West Brom easily have better squads than us. How many of our players would get into their teams? Bent and Given maybe. Thats it.

Agbonlahor, Dunne, Cuellar and possibly Nzogbia. And there is just no way aston villa have a better squad then newcastle. When a team is over 20 points ahead of you, you dont have a leg to stand on. And pacbuddies I would take Krul, Cabaye, Papa Cisse, Demba Ba, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Gutierrez over our players in the same positions. Crazy comment.

I think we have a better squad than Newcastle but it doesn't matter how good the vehicle is if the steering is ****.

No way do we have a better squad than Newcastle imo

Look at the players they have, Cabaye, Tiote, Ba, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Santon.

They would all walk into our side

Are you telling me that our squad, when fully fit, is bottom 6 quality?

Not a chance. Stop making excuses for McLeish. Whichever you look at it he's done a very poor job.

Id say Stoke and West Brom easily have better squads than us. How many of our players would get into their teams? Bent and Given maybe. Thats it.

Agbonlahor, Dunne, Cuellar and possibly Nzogbia. And there is just no way aston villa have a better squad then newcastle. When a team is over 20 points ahead of you, you dont have a leg to stand on. And pacbuddies I would take Krul, Cabaye, Papa Cisse, Demba Ba, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Gutierrez over our players in the same positions. Crazy comment.

Just because a team is over 20 points ahead of us in the league doesn't mean that they have a better squad than us. The Spurs team that were struggling in the relegation zone only a few seasons ago under Ramos didn't have a poor squad they just had poor leadership.

Do you honestly think that every team that is above us has a better squad and that is why they are where they are and every team that is below us has an inferior squad and that is why they are where they are?

Yes we did lose Young and Downing at the end of last season but wake up and smell the coffee and start to realise that it is the leadership that is the problem and not the quality of player in the squad.

This Villa squad would be much higher in the league and challenging for a Europa place if it were being managed correctly.

The writing is on the wall! Poor form, lots of injuries and a horrible run of games to go, I am now convinced we are going down. That is some achievement Mr McLeish!!! He has greatly contributed to the lack of enthusiasm for the World's most popular game in the Second City of England. Shame on you!!!!! (And worse, he has amassed a personal fortune whilst in the process).

Are you telling me that our squad, when fully fit, is bottom 6 quality?

In a nutshell. Yes.

I'm sorry but that's wrong. It's top 10/11 quality.

If we were in the relegation zone would you be trying to tell us that our squad was bottom 3 quality just to avoid making McLeish look bad?

Â