The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AM on bbc

Its a shame we are not talking about a win because i thought we had chelsea on the ropes.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

When the manager and a club becomes a laughing stock to it's own fans, let alone the rest of the League, it really is time to sit up and take note.

If he truly believes what he's said tonight, he should not only be sacked but sectioned.

This is a man who last week said he thought we were still in the game when arsenal were 2-0 up and we hadn't managed a single shot on target.

AM on bbc

Its a shame we are not talking about a win because i thought we had chelsea on the ropes.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

When the manager and a club becomes a laughing stock to it's own fans, let alone the rest of the League, it really is time to sit up and take note.

If he truly believes what he's said tonight, he should not only be sacked but sectioned.

This is a man who last week said he thought we were still in the game when arsenal were 2-0 up and we hadn't managed a single shot on target.

On the ropes! This guy really is a joker isn't he!! I actually believe we will manage only 2 more points from our remaning 8 games. Can't see us winning again this season.

Seriously on the ropes?!!1 lol. Cant help but laugh. Yes, the display was spirited. Yes, we were limited on number. Yes, the kids gave a decent account of themselves. But, honestly, these kids will never be of quality premier league standard. Just my opinion.

Maybe he's on Meth but I think a more logical explanation is he's in over his head with no hiding place and that at a club with more Media exposure and expectation his negative, clueless dross is being highlighted even more.

Saying that, a lot of the Media are still supporting him. If he's that special, they would all love him to manage their clubs then...

... thought not.

To be fair we did have Chelsea on the ropes during the period between our first goal and their 3rd, and I think that was the period he was indicating in his interview with BBC. The ref was shocking today, could have been a different story if he didn't give that foul at 2-2 with Gabi on Terry. Terry clearly just fell on the floor when he realised he was beaten. The linesman didn't give it who was standing right by the incident. Gabs was pretty much 1 on 1 with the keeper then. Instead, they get a free kick, resulting in a corner and the goal when it could have so easily been 3-2 to us. But everyone knows all to well, it only takes a corner against us to change things.

To be fair we did have Chelsea on the ropes during the period between our first goal and their 3rd, and I think that was the period he was indicating in his interview with BBC. The ref was shocking today, could have been a different story if he didn't give that foul at 2-2 with Gabi on Terry. Terry clearly just fell on the floor when he realised he was beaten. The linesman didn't give it who was standing right by the incident. Gabs was pretty much 1 on 1 with the keeper then. Instead, they get a free kick, resulting in a corner and the goal when it could have so easily been 3-2 to us. But everyone knows all to well, it only takes a corner against us to change things.

Exactly

McLeish is doing a poor job but I fail to see why its so funny what he said. We were 2-0 down dragged it back to 2-2 and were going forward to the point where Gab was through and looking to make it 3-2 only for the ref to bring the play back for Terry play acting. So on the ropes might not be quite the right term but we were in the ascendancy and its not that massive an exaggeration. So why is it so funny and deluded?

McLeish might be shit but has anyone actually taken a step back to think how Lichaq played, or how Gardner fitted in once he moved inside, how Weimann movement was good, how corners aside Baker more than matched some of the best strikers going, how Alrbrighton made a great impact playing on the LEFT, how we got back in to the game from 2-0 down.

And yeah the ref had an absolute mare, so coupled that with an average age of 23 for a team that have hardly played together, on an exceptionally emotional and strange day against a team who are full of internationals, experience and class players then do you know what we didnt do too bad.

But no lets just keep moaning at them.

I've skimmed through the match thread, comments like 'I'm done supporting this team' and when we scored 'i'm almost disappointed we've scored' **** pathetic. The fans here gave up but the players actually didnt.

**** McLeish but these lads deserve better today than half the shit thats been written on here.

Oh god... we're so screwed. Only Villa could have started with a billionaire and MON and end up near relegation with the most pathetic excuse of a manager since Graham Taylor. Paul McGrath weeps.

I'm sorry but can't have you slating Graham Taylor.

His first spell at the club was a great era for Villa and he did wonders. His second spell was a combination of a nostalgic appointment by Ellis and Taylor not coming to terms with how much the game has moved forward.

Mcleish is the worst manager this club has ever had. He can't be compared to any other boss because I can at least think of one positive they brought to the club - even O'Leary who made a couple of excellent signings.

Mcleish has brought nothing positive at all. The team has no dimension or idea, the young players development has been stifled in having to adapt to this 'try not to concede and scab a point or late win' mentality and the supporters must be the most unhappy in the whole of the Premiership.

What Lerner needs to get into his thick head is we will NEVER, EVER, be behind this turd. I gave him a chance and I've seen nothing to even think that things might get better if he has time. The more time he has, the more damage he will continue to do.

Oh, if only Lerner had Ellis' balls.

Exactly

McLeish is doing a poor job but I fail to see why its so funny what he said. We were 2-0 down dragged it back to 2-2 and were going forward to the point where Gab was through and looking to make it 3-2 only for the ref to bring the play back for Terry play acting. So on the ropes might not be quite the right term but we were in the ascendancy and its not that massive an exaggeration. So why is it so funny and deluded?

McLeish might be shit but has anyone actually taken a step back to think how Lichaq played, or how Gardner fitted in once he moved inside, how Weimann movement was good, how corners aside Baker more than matched some of the best strikers going, how Alrbrighton made a great impact playing on the LEFT, how we got back in to the game from 2-0 down.

And yeah the ref had an absolute mare, so coupled that with an average age of 23 for a team that have hardly played together, on an exceptionally emotional and strange day against a team who are full of internationals, experience and class players then do you know what we didnt do too bad.

But no lets just keep moaning at them.

I've skimmed through the match thread, comments like I'm done supporting this team and when we scored, i'm almost dissapointed we've scored, **** pathetic. The fans here gave up but the players actually didnt.

**** McLeish but these lads deserve better today than half the shit thats been written on here.

Too right mate, I was quite proud of the lads today, despite the loss, the young ones showed great courage to pull it back 2-2, and on another day, with another referee it could have ended a lot differently with Gabi 1 on 1 with the keeper. Small margins. The transfer fees for our starting line up didn't even come to half of the price Chelsea paid for Torres.

myabe we could have really had chelsea on the ropes if we had actually had a go from the start instead of waiting till the 75th minute when we were 2 down.

yes we had a team full of youngsters today and injuries have hit us hard, but the gameplan looked no different to when he has had a full compliment of players to pick from. sit back, try and keep it tight and attack with long balls and deep crosses.

and given we had so much youth in the side, it made no sense to play this way. trying to contain chelsea with the midfield we had was never going to work. those guys just havent got enough experience yet to play solid defensively. and a CM in gardner out on the left wing?

So now we are blaming refs?

The term 'scratching around' comes to mind.

The fact is we didn't start trying to attack until the 75th minute. By that time, we were lucky not to be 3 or 4 down. If we had come out and had a go at Chelsea, who I still think have a shaky defence' in the first 20 minutes, then maybe we may have got a goal or 2 and the game would be so different.

The QPR game at home was another example. Start attacking when we are already 2-0 down. He is trying to do the impossible and set us up not to concede as his first priority. Because of how poor the defence is, this is not going to happen, yet week-in week-out he keeps doing it.

He is clueless and only has himself to blame. The fact that 2 of our most gifted attacking players have had spats with him this season, says it all.

myabe we could have really had chelsea on the ropes if we had actually had a go from the start instead of waiting till the 75th minute when we were 2 down.

They were having a go, from what I saw, our players were working their socks off today. Goals change games, when they scored it changed the game and when we scored it did.

At 2-2 that decision against gabby on terry was the pivotal moment

We were about to go 3-2 up and the ref bottles it

You can't say that.

Nothing is certain to happen, especially in Football. They had a Defender running back as well (we also had another player breaking forward) so the chances are 75%-25% we may have scored. Not a certainty.

Do you really believe we'd have held onto a 3-2 lead against an 'elite' team with 12 minutes left to play? Especially the way we defend. Again, not certain but more than likely Chelsea would have bombarded us and scored to level.

In every match, in every league up and down the country every weekend, all fans will say 'the ref was shit... blah blah blah'. However, was the ref shit at home to Man City, Swansea and Man Utd? Or away to Arsenal, Tottenham, Newcastle and Wigan?

Â