The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McLeish: I can't spoon feed players

Alex McLeish has told Aston Villa's players he can't "spoon feed" them during games.

The Villa chief was reacting to his side's 3-0 defeat at Arsenal with some poor defending for the Gunners' first two goals rightly leaving him frustrated.

"At some stage you can't spoon feed them every minute of the game with tactics," he said.

"You've got to let them play and at times express themselves.

"I didn't feel that the Emirates was a place to express ourselves in terms of passing about at the back because that's not a strength of ours.

"That's no disrespect to our players as they have other qualities."

McLeish wants Villa to be more dynamic and insists that is his focus rather than the frustrations for the club's fans.

"That's not in my control," he said when asked about the club's supporters.

"I have to try and get a team that can win football matches.

"We had a very good game against Fulham a couple of weeks ago with a dynamic performance and that's the type of performances we'll need.

"Today we played everything in front of Arsenal in the first half and that's tailor-made for a team with their speed and guile.

"We never asked the players to do that. We asked them to try and play in Arsenal's half and when they've done that in the second half we had a wee bit more joy."

I had stopped posting in here as in all truthfulness, we have done this to death. There is no argument for the defence of McLeish. The job was always too big for him and he has no credentials that suggest he is going to pull anything out of the hat.

He is now systematically undermining what established pros we have left and destroying any confidence our kids might have carried into the first team. His own signings dislike him and his coaching staff have been shown up as one trick ponies.

I would love to say that he will not be here next season, but as long as 30 odd thousand turn up at VP for each home game, I fear he will be.

There needs to be some positive fan action to remove this guy. I dont care if people think protests look cheap or if they are twisted to insinuate its because he came from SHA by the gutter media. The damage is getting worse and less repairable day by day and the wellbeing of the squad and the club come above trying to keep a stiff upper lip.

Time to get angry and not be afraid to show it.

Has he got some kind of hold over Lerner? The comments he's coming out with would usually get someone the sack. All this nonsense about being realistic is pathetic, if the Premiership has shown us anything this season, its that anybody can beat anybody!

The team must be totally demoralised by the whole thing.

Alex McLeish has told Aston Villa's players he can't "spoon feed" them during games.

The Villa chief was reacting to his side's 3-0 defeat at Arsenal with some poor defending for the Gunners' first two goals rightly leaving him frustrated.

"At some stage you can't spoon feed them every minute of the game with tactics," he said.

"I didn't feel that the Emirates was a place to express ourselves in terms of passing about at the back because that's not a strength of ours.

McLeish wants Villa to be more dynamic and insists that is his focus rather than the frustrations for the club's fans.

"We had a very good game against Fulham a couple of weeks ago with a dynamic performance and that's the type of performances we'll need.

"Today we played everything in front of Arsenal in the first half and that's tailor-made for a team with their speed and guile.

"We never asked the players to do that. We asked them to try and play in Arsenal's half and when they've done that in the second half we had a wee bit more joy."

Honestly its words like that which probably piss people off like Ireland etc....

Is Lerner actually paying any attention to AVFC at the moment as this is as bad as the O Leary days..

He's just taking the piss out of our club now.

"Look at all the shit I can say, and the half-arsed job I am doing whilst blaming the players, and I still collect £2m a year for the trouble."

**** off McLeish. You are making me not give a shit about the club I support and I hate you for it.

He's just taking the piss out of our club now.

"Look at all the shit I can say, and the half-arsed job I am doing whilst blaming the players, and I still collect £2m a year for the trouble."

**** off McLeish. You are making me not give a shit about the club I support and I hate you for it.

hate is a strong word... blame Lerner for paying crazy wages to a mediocre manager.

If you were AMC im sure you would of took the job to even though the position is poisoned..

I had stopped posting in here as in all truthfulness, we have done this to death. There is no argument for the defence of McLeish. The job was always too big for him and he has no credentials that suggest he is going to pull anything out of the hat.

He is now systematically undermining what established pros we have left and destroying any confidence our kids might have carried into the first team. His own signings dislike him and his coaching staff have been shown up as one trick ponies.

I would love to say that he will not be here next season, but as long as 30 odd thousand turn up at VP for each home game, I fear he will be.

There needs to be some positive fan action to remove this guy. I dont care if people think protests look cheap or if they are twisted to insinuate its because he came from SHA by the gutter media. The damage is getting worse and less repairable day by day and the wellbeing of the squad and the club come above trying to keep a stiff upper lip.

Time to get angry and not be afraid to show it.

Spot on. Lerner and his fellow muppets on the board need to fully aware that this fool needs to go.

The manager has actively insulted fans in the past two games and nothing from the club.

It's almost as if they don't want people going to games.

Still, it makes it very easy not to buy a ticket for Chelsea when the manager tells me that the team aren't good enough to even try to win the game.

C A P I T U L A T I O N

That is what the club is all about, the owner, the manager, the players and the fans

One thing Mcleish is exceptional at and that is delfecting blame for all this from Lerner

Whenever he talks about tactics, he only ever seems to focus on things he didn't tell the players to do. He doesn't seem to have any coherent strategy of what they should actually do, and that's what shows through every time we play.

Whoever was interviewing him should have demanded he expand on what "other qualities" the players have..

He's just got to go. Get rid the day the season end. Get Poyet, Zola, Di Matteo, me... i dont care, just not McLeish. It's embarrassing.

Are we restricted to the Chelsea team circa 1998?

I had to laugh at this from the Mail:

“I’m used to, having not been the manager until this year, expecting Villa to be in the upper tiers of the Premier League,” said McLeish.

At least he's realistic enough to drop his expectations once he becomes manager :lol:

Whilst England have little chance of winning the Euros I have never looked forward to an International tournament so much to distract me from Villa.

Same bring on the Euros.

How many players will the club have there. I think possibly 2 Shay Given and Richard Dunne for ROI. Outside chance of Darren Bent, but unlikely.

Â