The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you Mantis, it is not OK. The football is atrocious and painful to watch. But on the table alone, we look comfortable on survival with a realistic chance of finishing mid-table - that is how Lerner will look at it.

IF (it is a big IF) we beat Fulham tomorrow and beat Bolton, we start to look upwards instead of down.

I have to question your definition of comfortable. We are not comfortable at all and have some massive games to come.

I wish I believed we were safe as much as some on here. :(

Honestly we are NOT safe most teams were about to face wont even come out of first gear to batter that squad.

For the first time in many many years since the 94 League Cup i have 100% lost interest Villa.

I think its a case of you come so close to being good then due to inept knowledge and management from Lernad and Co that interest just vanishes.

Hell if im at the pub i dont watch the game like i use to i merely see what the result is afterwards and im certain im not the only one.

Villa are to painful to watch and with MCleish in charge i wont see them again until he is sacked.

Did MON negotiate that deal for mcleish?

No chance of sacking him when he's on that much and we've just paid £12 million compensation to the previous 2.

Lerner has well and truly sealed our midtable/relegation battle future. Truly shocking owner.

No chance of sacking him when he's on that much and we've just paid £12 million compensation to the previous 2.

Lerner has well and truly sealed our midtable/relegation battle future. Truly shocking owner.

Honestly if Villa sacked him now we would be pushing towards 20m total thats not including the next managers pay :o

Very embarrassing

I really hope there is a clause in his contract where we can get rid if he finishes on less than 40 points because if there isn't there **** should be.

I've read that AM himself said a finish below 9th is failure.

If he did say that (memory tells me he did, though I could be wrong), then surely he should walk if we finish below his stated level.

Was about to ask that

It seems that negotiation of stupid wages for people that do not deserve that much continues even though the apparent main culprit for negotiating them has gone. This and the 3M increase in wages the year MOn left should prove without doubt that it was not MON negotiating the wages but the idiots above him

I really hope there is a clause in his contract where we can get rid if he finishes on less than 40 points because if there isn't there **** should be.

If he did say that (memory tells me he did, though I could be wrong), then surely he should walk if we finish below his stated level.

Where he is now is a bit like home though as he's spent his entire Prem career in that area.

I dont usually say this, but I genuinely hate this ginger git and what he is doing to the club. It is gross negligience on the part of Faulkner who should be fired for idiocy and McLeish should be sacked under the trade descriptions act for describing himself as a manager.

Every article I read from him makes my blood boil, I have never met anyone so oblivious to their own shortcomings and so ignorant to the hatred in which he is held. Every interview astounds me as he seems unable to string even a few simple sentences together, I swear Ranieri and Capello spoke better and more eloquent English.

We are in limbo until this muppet is sacked.

I have not been to Villa park this season, nor spent any money in the club shop, I refuse to pay a penny towards his wages. Some say they dont care where he came from, to some degree I do as he had already shown his ineptitude there.

Post subject: Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 04:43 PM

Academy

John_Lerwill wrote:

Oaks wrote:

Where he is now is a bit like home though as he's spent his entire Prem career in that area.

he did finish 9th with sha

I dont usually say this, but I genuinely hate this ginger git and what he is doing to the club. It is gross negligience on the part of Faulkner who should be fired for idiocy and McLeish should be sacked under the trade descriptions act for describing himself as a manager.

Every article I read from him makes my blood boil, I have never met anyone so oblivious to their own shortcomings and so ignorant to the hatred in which he is held. Every interview astounds me as he seems unable to string even a few simple sentences together, I swear Ranieri and Capello spoke better and more eloquent English.

I have not been to Villa park this season, nor spent any money in the club shop, I refuse to pay a penny towards his wages. Some say they dont care where he came from, to some degree I do as he had already shown his ineptitude there.

100% THIS!

Quality rant :thumb:

But I truly believe an Aston Villa manager does not get 40 points it should be fair grounds for getting the sack with no compensation. And if it's not in his contract, it should be if he is getting so well paid.

Quality rant :thumb:

I do feel somewhat better for that! Now it is beer O'clock!

The manager of Aston Villa is getting paid more then the manager of the three 3 Italian giants AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus. Absolutely crazy.

Perhaps not when you look at the other Premier League managers on the list.

O'Neill, Hughes and Moyes are each being paid more than the managers of Inter and Juve combined.

Just on McLeish then, dismissing him now with two years to run on his contract would cost £4m or so. Factor in backroom staff and the compensation for replacement(s) and I would suggest it would take something quite extraordinary for him to be replaced.

The manager of Aston Villa is getting paid more then the manager of the three 3 Italian giants AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus. Absolutely crazy.

Perhaps not when you look at the other Premier League managers on the list.

O'Neill, Hughes and Moyes are each being paid more than the managers of Inter and Juve combined.

Just on McLeish then, dismissing him now with two years to run on his contract would cost £4m or so. Factor in backroom staff and the compensation for replacement(s) and I would suggest it would take something quite extraordinary for him to be replaced.

It would cost a lot to get rid of McLeish, but I think it would cost the club even more if he saw out the rest of his contract.

Â