The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

“I want my players to be demanding of each other. They are quite a quiet bunch and, when you hear them talking like that, you are starting to see that fire as a group.”

Well that fire clearly had the desired effect in the second half didn't it? Idiot.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would happily take Curbishley over McLeish until the end of the season.

Oh how I wish we'd have gone for Martin Jol in the summer but his £0 buy-out clause obviously meant he was a shit manager so we went and poached this cock from Birmingham that we are now stuck with.

I think McLeish is genuinely misgided enough to think that the football his teams play isn't defensive, boring to watch and rubbish. On Stephen Ireland, on the OS, McLeish says:

"That's probably one of the differences. I thought the lads played extremely positively in the first half and they expressed themselves which is what I've asked them from day one of the season.

It's almost as if his team selections against Manchester United at home, Spurs away and even Wigan away(!!!!) just two weeks ago didn't happen.

The bloke is deluded as well as an awful football manager who can't win games.

The other thing being if he has asked them to do that since day one of the season then either;

1. He is lying

2. He is unable to get across to them how he wants them to play

3. They are ignoring him and have no respect for him

I think McLeish is genuinely misgided enough to think that the football his teams play isn't defensive, boring to watch and rubbish. On Stephen Ireland, on the OS, McLeish says:

"That's probably one of the differences. I thought the lads played extremely positively in the first half and they expressed themselves which is what I've asked them from day one of the season.

It's almost as if his team selections against Manchester United at home, Spurs away and even Wigan away(!!!!) just two weeks ago didn't happen.

The bloke is deluded as well as an awful football manager who can't win games.

The other thing being if he has asked them to do that since day one of the season then either;

1. He is lying

2. He is unable to get across to them how he wants them to play

3. They are ignoring him and have no respect for him

Im going to plump for #3. Or...

4. He is completely tactically shite!

I'm not ITK or anything and this is only a hunch but I reckon we could wake up tomorrow to find out McLeish gone.
Well we've woken up two mornings now, but the nightmare is still ongoing!

I dont see how Mcleish can be blamed for us not taking any of our 8 clear chances on Saturday. Unless this new manager moonlights as a 20 goal a season striker then it makes no difference who is in charge!!

I agree which is what i have stated very similar to you !!

Villa as a footballing side i don't think will make much difference who's in charge as from what ive seen i,d say villa are not much better than the others fighting for relegation.

Im not suprised either as we have always been a feeder club for the top 4.

A. Young

J. Milner

S. Downing

G. Barry

With MCleish in charge though relegation is a certainty its just hilarious to think that clearing in the woods put him in charge in the first place :|

I'm not ITK or anything and this is only a hunch but I reckon we could wake up tomorrow to find out McLeish gone.
Well we've woken up two mornings now, but the nightmare is still ongoing!
Don't remind me. I think I've come to the realisation that he's never going to go. :(

That said, lose on Saturday and things might change.

You watch Chelsea improve under a new manager like west brom, Newcastle, Sunderland have. Naaa that's right no one could improve our team, if mcleish's best don't work no ones will????
It must be true as he told us himself that no one could do a better job with this team than he is doing

So us giving blackburn the entire pitch and reverting to the typical anti-football dross in the 2nd half was not McLeish's fault

I'm sorry but i thought as a manager your meant to drill your team on how to keep possession and set them up right tactically all i seen in the 2nd half was the ball sailing over the midfield and trying to hit gabby it was pathetic predictable and becoming a norm under McLeish

Football is a 90 minute game and not 45 minutes so many times this season have i seen us only turn up for 45 minutes and do the bare minimum to scrape a draw QPR away and at home for example its just not good enough.

I dont see how Mcleish can be blamed for us not taking any of our 8 clear chances on Saturday. Unless this new manager moonlights as a 20 goal a season striker then it makes no difference who is in charge!!

it does make a difference mentally, because if you have a confident manager that ends up being projected onto the players, e.g. a confident striker is more likely to score than a non-confident one.. So if we had a manager that he players looked up to and had confidence in, they would be performing better I believe, but we do not.. AM does not inspire confidence, which in turn rubs of on the players, hence they will miss more chances..

So us giving blackburn the entire pitch and reverting to the typical anti-football dross in the 2nd half was not McLeish's fault

What you babbling on about?? We played well in the second half and could have easily scored another 2-3 goals. Like i said, we could have easily scored 8 goals on Saturday. How the **** is that 'negative'???

What you babbling on about?? We played well in the second half and could have easily scored another 2-3 goals. Like i said, we could have easily scored 8 goals on Saturday. How the **** is that 'negative'???

To be fair Stu, we were shite 2nd half. Sitting back on a 0-1 lead?!?!?

it does make a difference mentally, because if you have a confident manager that ends up being projected onto the players, e.g. a confident striker is more likely to score than a non-confident one.. So if we had a manager that he players looked up to and had confidence in, they would be performing better I believe, but we do not.. AM does not inspire confidence, which in turn rubs of on the players, hence they will miss more chances..

What...like Villas Boas you mean?? Yeah he did great with that multi million pound squad he had didnt he?

Bringing in a manger is no guarantee you will instantly improve, no matter who he is. And looking at some of the shit that could possibly take over (Curbishley??) id rather stick with Mcleish.

Erm, we did take one of them. :s

I'm not sure if we had 8 clear chances, but the problem is that Saturday was the exception that proved the rule. If we attacked teams more often, we'd score more goals.

If you're not creating enough chances on a regular basis, you're not going to score when the chances do come along.

Â