The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I have seen more since the New Year to think that AM might and that is a big might change things round given time.

But bhoy it will be ugly

What makes you think that? Since new year we've only seen a marginal improvement.

[ However his inability to command any respect in the dressing room - would mean this 'plan' had no chance of being implemented.

From what I remember (may be wrong, apologies if I am) a lot of the younger (bannan, albrighton, clark etc), continental (petrov) and attacking players (downing) quite liked Houllers style and did have respect for him. It was mainly the "old guard" (Dunne, Collins, Warnock) who were the ones who didn't like Houllier, it's funny that these are the ones who are still making basic errors week after week under AMC. The only other one who seemed to dislike Hou was Gabby, yes he would've been a loss from the team, but from what I recall Hou advised Gabby to lose some of the muscle so that he got back some of his pace. It seems to me, that over the summer Gabby has lost some muscle and therefore is quicker and sharper and hence why he started the season so well.

I'm not saying Hou didn't have his faults as he obviously did. Anyway I shouldn't really be going on about an ex manager so i'll stop now

Houllier had a plan and had his health not worsened we would be in a much better position with him at the helm right now than we are. We wouldn't have signed Hutton and Jenas for a start, we may have not lost Downing (I know he has been shit for Liverpool but he was great last season under GH), and we may have made some decent signings.
I don't actually believe Houllier did have a plan. It was just wishful thinking on behalf of some fans that we had stumbled across a footballing genius who would lead us to the sunlight.

I think he was out of his depth and floundering from day one. ****, he had to spend £18m (or was it £24m, never been clear) even to stop us getting relegated and even then it's not clear if we would have survived had Mr McAllister not taken a hand.

Strangely, GMac is the one I am now feeling a bit regretful about losing.

Talking of GMac, why didn't Lerner just hire him? Would've been cheaper than getting McLeish, would've caused less trouble and I doubt he would've done a worse job.
Must say I've had that thought once or twice recently. Maybe McAllister is happy just to stay an assistant.

Dont ask such difficult questions - I did say might

Given that the performance pre xmas were so pathetic its no ringing endorsement but the win at Chelsea the 2nd half performances against Wolves and QPR and the First half against Arsenal and Newcastle have at least shown signs that we dont always set out for 0-0 and in patches we have played some very good football.

At the moment AM does not have the players or the squad to finish much higher than we are presently or to perform consistently. I would also suggest that AM appears just as frustrated as some of us supporters given his touchline antics. Maybe he needs the summer to sort the issues out and bring in his own kind of players

Houllier did have a plan. However his inability to command any respect in the dressing room - would mean this 'plan' had no chance of being implemented.

He did alright at all his previous clubs.

Again, another sign that we have some wrong uns in the dressing room. How can people not see it??

Compare our squad to Sunderland's and there is not much difference, how come they are doing so much better than us? Obvious answer i know..

Because he hasn't been there long enough to piss millions on average players and long over the top contacts. As soon as he's done that, won **** all in the process and is then asked to cut the wages bill he'll be off onto the next club.

But at least he's a good motivator

The sooner people realise he's staying the better, Your wasting your breath ranting about getting McLeish out. We're better off throwing our support behind the team.

That would mean giving McLeish free passes like he's been getting all this season. Can't have that. Not when just last season SHA supporters backed the team and were punished for trusting McLeish. That squad shouldn't have been relegated because we're now seeing some of the same players still in the Premier League at different clubs. You have a deathwish if rooting for McLeish's relegation tactics is the way forward.

I'm actually hearing that when we were 0-2 down against QPR the players man management themselves. Makes sense consider McLeish just sat there with a facepalm while the players were 100 times better without his relegation instructions with telling the players to 'get back' 24/7.

VillaGoMarching wrote:

The sooner people realise he's staying the better, Your wasting your breath ranting about getting McLeish out. We're better off throwing our support behind the team.

That would mean giving McLeish free passes like he's been getting all this season. Can't have that. Not when just last season SHA supporters backed the team and were punished for trusting McLeish. That squad shouldn't have been relegated because we're now seeing some of the same players still in the Premier League at different clubs. You have a deathwish if rooting for McLeish's relegation tactics is the way forward.

I'm actually hearing that when we were 0-2 down against QPR the players man management themselves. Makes sense consider McLeish just sat there with a facepalm while the players were 100 times better without his relegation instructions with telling the players to 'get back' 24/7.

from my seat i could see quite clearly him instructing and engouraging the players from the touchline as he has done at all the games i have been to

lol, more outlandish bullshit. Do you really think our shambling team could manage themselves out of that pile of shit on wednesday night? For as little faith i have in Mcleish, i can't believe for a 2nd that our squad overruled McLeish's "tactics" and valiantly got themselves a draw.

I'm actually hearing that when we were 0-2 down against QPR the players man management themselves

Youre unbelievable mate. Where you 'hearing' this from?? The voices in your head??

Afterall, it was you the other day who said something along the lines of 'we played shit in the first half because the players listened to Mcleish, but played better after the break because they ignored him'

Seems to tally up nicely with what you're saying.

Â