The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its becoming boring now, its clear you would never change your opinion of GC, i have stated how and why i would change my views, you on the other hand have point blank refused to say what would change your opinions of him, i even made it really simple, by including would relegation change your views, yet again you wont answer.

gabby was injured and out for several games, so don't know where you magic that up from? 2 wingers and you can afford to have 2 complete novices with no game time in the middle because you have 2 wingers? oh my lord!

you claim GH had £24 for bent? so it must have been brilliant play from GH because we paid £18 million, a saving of £6 million, well done GH for saving the club £6 million.

you then claim GC had -£24 million to spend? jesus are you GC himself, your talking in my view utter rubbish backed up so far with no facts, no published figures, nothing.

he had a budget of £12 million so we signed nzogbia?

would that be nzogbia the scum had an agreed transfer price last january for around £8 million, january when the price of players is more?

but GC manages to pay more than that

you also forget that GC has actually signed 6 players so far

given - a good keeper with sus injury record, done well but has also been injured which is not surprising

hutton- been utter shit cost £3.5 million

jenas - utter shit

nzogbia - been at best decent for 20 minutes or in the odd game so more often than not has failed and disapointed in most of the time on the pitch so far.

keane - 2 shots which 19 out of 20 would not have gone in, both on the same day against his first club, went in, good for him and for villa becasue it got us 3 undeserved points having been outplayed and out battled by wolves for most of the match - in the game and a bit he has played i would say he has been good ( only down to the 2 goals)

enda stevens - probably wont see him play this season so cant really judge, didnt look great when against spurz in europe but cant say either way yet as he hasnt played.

so there we are 6 signings, only given has been reliably good, keane could possibly? nzogbia could eventually but has done nothing yet and cost a shit load of money, jenas and hutton? oh dear oh dear

your comments are boarding on fantasy, to try and fit in with your pro GC stance, no facts, just magical pixie numbers coming out of your head.

ridiculous

What is your problem??? Instead of calling the manager by his name, you call him GC?? Grow up!

Secondly, I am lost to why you argue about players at disposal. There is under no uncertainty clear that the team inherited by GH was much better then the team inherited by McLeish. Using injuries as an excuse for shit results is nothing but an excuse. Houllier had a better squad at disposal. Being old and grumpy is not a trait I like, especially when you see the consequences of alienating so many players in the squad. I am surprised you didn't pick up the bad mood in the dressing room, the unrest, the unhappy players. Where are they now??? It seems good to be a Villa player now. I prefer it this way.

Fine, Bent cost 18 million + add ons up to 24 million. Whatever. Makoun cost 6.2 million. There you have the 24 million deficit McLeish startet with. Happy with my mathematics now? Oh, lets not forget the sensationally good Pires if we are going to bring up players on loan. I can't see Houllier's record of buying players any better then McLeish. And Nzogbia was about 9.5 million, not 12 (my bad).

McLeish had bought 4 players (5 if you count a rejuvenated Ireland. 6 if you count a rejuvenated Warnock. 7 if you count rejuvenated Dunne. 8 if you count a rejuvenated Collins. A pattern perhps??). Of these the Given is good. Nzogbia is still adjusting or something. Stevens has just come in, so no judgment can be made, while Hutton could do better. Lets not exaggerate just yet.

In the meantime you can chew on the list of players McLeish lost in the summer due to the troubles last year. Remember most of these stated that circumstances last season dictated their wish to leave Villa (Gabby said the same thing, but still stayed):

Out:

Brad Friedel Free

Ashley Young £17,000,000

Stewart Downing £20,000,000

Nigel Reo-Coker Free

Jonathan Hogg £500,000

Luke Young £250,000

Elliot Parish Undisclosed

John Carew Free

Total: 37,750,000

In:

Shay Given £3,500,000

Charles N'Zogbia £9,500,000

Alan Hutton £4,000,000

Enda Stevens £250,000

Total: £17,250,000

Out:

Brad Friedel Free

Ashley Young £17,000,000

Nigel Reo-Coker Free

Jonathan Hogg £500,000

Luke Young £250,000

John Carew Free

Luke Young was sold for around 2 mill mate.

Who the **** is GC?
Alex McLeish - ginger cl**ge :lol:

Pathetic.

I can't stand the bloke. I have many reasons for this including the fact he's a terrible manager, boring as hell and yes, a filthy nose to boot. However, ginger special one? Childish in the extreme.

I don't call him that. I was just telling you what it means.

I'm not prepared to give him anymore chances after seeing what he did at SHA.

2 relegations - par for the course for that mob. A trophy is an unbelievable achievement for them, a 9th place finish is one of their best ever in the top flight and best ever in the Premiership and he also got them a promotion.

I'm no fan of McLeish but his record at Sha was good when you take in to account the size of the club and its history.

I'm not prepared to give him anymore chances after seeing what he did at SHA.

2 relegations - par for the course for that mob. A trophy is an unbelievable achievement for them, a 9th place finish is one of their best ever in the top flight and best ever in the Premiership and he also got them a promotion.

I'm no fan of McLeish but his record at Sha was good when you take in to account the size of the club and its history.

I've responded to this already: while their 9th place finish was good for them they also did it while playing mind-numbing football, and were subsequently relegated the next season off the back of that finish. Clubs like Wigan and Wolves with less resources stayed up last season because they had better managers who were willing to be positive to stay up.

I don't want to see him given a chance because even if we do have a good season with him and finish say, 7th or 8th what's to stop him from taking us down to 15th or 16th the next?

Very overrated manager.

Out:

Brad Friedel Free

Ashley Young £17,000,000

Nigel Reo-Coker Free

Jonathan Hogg £500,000

Luke Young £250,000

John Carew Free

Luke Young was sold for around 2 mill mate.

So about £20m profit on trading and about £200k pw saved on wages that means as we are still in the no spend era we must have been seriously in the shit as that averages out over one year as £600,000 pw

He did a shit job at SHA. Yes he got 9th and Carling Cup, but if you can manage that then you should have a squad good enough to avoid relegation.

At best he's doing mediocrity with us. He IS NOT doing a good job with us. People bring up he's on a tough budget. Oh boo-hoo. He still had 17m to spend. He still has good players such as Given, Bent and Gabby who alone is good enough to keep us in a solid position in the Premier League. Try being Lambert who's had to work his way up through back to back promotions and now he's ABOVE us in the Premier League. That's **** remarkable.

If people think McLeish is doing a good job, by that logic they must think Lambert is the King. Stratch that. God.

You see Only One - this is where you and the rest of your clan just dont get it.

No, you are right, McLeish isn't doing a "good" job - we are 11th, I would say that is him doing an OK job - nowt to write home about, but this is the point.

It isn't the "total shit" as you all put it. There are many teams, including Everton, whose manager most people wanted below us - and remember, Howard, Fellaini and all didnt come cheap you know.

SO GET OFF HIS BACK UNTIL HE STARTS DOING A SHIT JOB !!!!

McLeish's record at Birmingham was like the curates egg good in parts.

His teams seem to be able to contain and subsequently get draws, but seem incapable of knowing how to win.

The worrying thing for me is his teams lack any kind of consistency.

Brendan Rogers and Paul Lambert have made a clear stamp of style on their teams you can clearly see their style and method.

We seem to have a bunch of players in and out of form like a fiddlers elbow and have cohesion now and again.

You simply do not know what Villa team will turn up.

This appears to me to be as situation where the manager is having very little direction on his team and it is a bit of a free for all.

I am in the give him a chance camp and am not the slightest bit interested that he came from the otherside .....I think that bit is infantile.

I am not confident though that it will work out.

I do hope it does, because by all accounts he is a really good guy and I have it on record when asked when he was at the blues " would you like to be the manager of villa" he said " I would love it"

Who the **** is GC?
Alex McLeish - ginger cl**ge :lol:

Pathetic.

I can't stand the bloke. I have many reasons for this including the fact he's a terrible manager, boring as hell and yes, a filthy nose to boot. However, ginger special one? Childish in the extreme.

I don't call him that. I was just telling you what it means.

I know. My opinion stands.

Nope I want him gone. Yes he is our manager but I personally want that change. I don't want to wait until as you say 'starts doing a shit job' as although you don't agree I think that's what he is doing given the squad he has now. I don't want to wait until we are down by the bottom three when it maybe too late, I want to fix it now so we can build for the future and give somebody five and hopefully ten years to build this club. Apart from that, I can count on one hand the number of games I've enjoyed watching this season. I don't expect free flowing football but this is the first season I've had to make myself watch almost every game.....

I have it on record when asked when he was at the blues " would you like to be the manager of villa" he said " I would love it"
That's a given though isn't it? It's like asking a tramp whether they would like to live in a mansion.

Â