The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The equaliser and sending off should have seen us up the tempo and hit Wolves whilst they were disorganised, instead we slowed the pace and showed no attacking intent. No substitution to push things on, no team direction from the side lines. Nothing. Where the hell was McLeish.

Another wonder strike later we need to be seeing out the game. So what does McLeish do, takes off Gardener and brings on that defensive ballwark, Bannan. That was asking for trouble and we got it for the last 10 minutes.

Just take off your Mcleish out glasses for 5 seconds.

We hit wolves on the break countless times but the final ball was rubbish - the players fault.

Gardner was riddled with cramp towards the end and needed to be taken off. Is there an abundance of CDM on our bench I dont know about?

Plus your two paragraphs totaly contradict themselves. Why dont we attack wolves!? then moan bannans brought on!?

I have no reason to, we were very close to being handed our arses on a plate.

We had two defensive minded players, Cueller and Baker, both of whom would have done a better job.

lastly, if you want to comment, do me the decency of bothering to read the posts! Then you will answer your own last question.

Your last argument is solely based on your opinion that we NEEDED to see out the game after we went ahead. Well, if I'm not mistaken, we DID see out the game.

Just because we didn't go ultra-defensive, doesn't mean it was the wrong decision.

I can guarantee that if McLeish had parked the bus after Keane's 2nd goal and Wolves snatched an equaliser, people would have moaned 'Why park the bus againt a 10-men Wolves side after we'd just scored?!!! We should have pushed for another, McLeish out!!!!!!'

etc etc.

Exactly, you really couldnt make VT up, if he'd have brought on one of these more defensive minded players you can guarantee people would have moaned that it was typical McLeish etc etc.

Bore the **** off, it was brilliant at Molineux today and no one was moaning bar one idiot as I left the ground couldnt help but play the we were lucky card.

People need to chill out and enjoy the win rather than looking for any negative going.

Also one last thing well done Robbie Keane that thread is full of humble pie .

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Villa win and no one is allowed to comment on the game eh Tom? Things aren't perfect far from it and people can point that out, if you want to revel in the win and not look at the negatives feel free but no need to critcise those that don't is there?

I think you have read my post in the other thread, but to answer your question..... Of course they are! But its the ridiculous negatives (that are proven inaccurate i.e. Bannan substitution) that are just daft.

I bow to your coaching levels here Tom, as obviously you see something the rest of us dont with regards to Bannan?

How is it inaccurate that we shouldnt have brought on an attacking midfield player who at best is a luxury, when we were trying to keep possession and hold against what we knew was likely to be a Wolves onslaught (especially once Dunne and Collins again retreated to the 18 yard line)?

Pray I do tell. I work hard to understand the game but obviously I am missing some gem that means Baker and Cueller were not better options (as defensive minded, tall, althletic, ball winning players?)

I have little faith in our team at the moment! There it's been said...

But what I will say is I hope McLeish rams some of this negativity down the throats of the so called supporters who spout constant critisium week in week out.He is our manager we are Villa how on earth do you expect anything positive to come from it all? I didn't want McLeish as boss and am far from convinced but while he is boss he and the players will have my support!!

we were lucky today, bloody lucky. Everything went our way, anything other than that and we would be on the end of a hiding.

What about when Bent was taken down when he was through on goal, not seen it from the comfort of my arm chair but from where I stood it looked like a foul.

What about the poor cross Weimann put in when Bent was unmarked in the box, was that lucky?

What about when Weimann totally screwed his shot near the end, was that lucky?

Was Henrys stamp a sending off or not? Or was that lucky?

When we win, its lucky or the players, when we lose its McLeish

Fixed

I have little faith in our team at the moment! There it's been said...

But what I will say is I hope McLeish rams some of this negativity down the throats of the so called supporters who spout constant critisium week in week out.He is our manager we are Villa how on earth do you expect anything positive to come from it all? I didn't want McLeish as boss and am far from convinced but while he is boss he and the players will have my support!!

Go you!

How is it inaccurate that we shouldnt have brought on an attacking midfield player who at best is a luxury, when we were trying to keep possession and hold against what we knew was likely to be a Wolves onslaught (especially once Dunne and Collins again retreated to the 18 yard line)?

Why shouldn't we try to keep momentum when we have it and have an advantage with one player more?

McLeish has made errors earlier when the team has let other teams push us backwards in the dying minutes. I am glad he at least did not try to go defensive now. A player with Bannan's passing skill is what is needed when we are leading, running the match and want to kill it off with a counter attack goal.

When we win, its McLiesh, when we lose its the players (who incidentally are set up and played by McLeish)

Don't know about anyone else but Im firmly in the camp of when we win, draw or lose - its the whole team!

Agreed Tom. Macandally, maybe you could do US the decency of reading our posts befote insinuating that we are speaking from a pre-planned agenda.

Canadian Villan here, excellent result, excellent win. Keane MOM, McLeish deserves at least a nod of some respect for this one, I'm a Villan, and I'm happy with this. We could be better, but we won, that's what matters.

That is all.

UTV

So Villa win and no one is allowed to comment on the game eh Tom? Things aren't perfect far from it and people can point that out, if you want to revel in the win and not look at the negatives feel free but no need to critcise those that don't is there?

I think you have read my post in the other thread, but to answer your question..... Of course they are! But its the ridiculous negatives (that are proven inaccurate i.e. Bannan substitution) that are just daft.

I bow to your coaching levels here Tom, as obviously you see something the rest of us dont with regards to Bannan?

Pray I do tell. I work hard to understand the game but obviously I am missing some gem that means Baker and Cueller were not better options (as defensive minded, tall, althletic, ball winning players?)

Because it maintained the result. Simple as. Maybe that sports coaching degree, (which I have genuinely got :D ) was useful?

Genuinely that simple. - The sub worked because we won the game. Now, would I have made that sub - no, not in a million years, but there is no arguement that it didnt work because the result is in.

Maybe he thought Bannans ability to keep possession was a good way to kill the game? You dont necessarily need defenders all over the shop to not concede (as we found out at WHL) - you just need the ball.

we were lucky today, bloody lucky. Everything went our way, anything other than that and we would be on the end of a hiding.

What about when Bent was taken down when he was through on goal, not seen it from the comfort of my arm chair but from where I stood it looked like a foul.

What about the poor cross Weimann put in when Bent was unmarked in the box, was that lucky?

What about when Weimann totally screwed his shot near the end, was that lucky?

Was Henrys stamp a sending off or not? Or was that lucky?

When we win, its lucky or the players, when we lose its McLeish

Fixed

Yawn!!

Do you want me to list the chances that Wolves wasted whilst McGinger sat on his hands for 30 minutes of the first half? Bet even you were pulling your jumper over you "Go McGinger" T Shirt at that point?

Squirming in your seat maybe?

Two things changed the game, Robbie Keanes two wonderstrikes and the sending off. As usual, we took advantage of what happened, we do not have the tactical nous to actually make things happen.

You gloss over whatever you want and no doubt we could waste our time doing this all night.

Enjoy your win, for me it just means we are stuck with this useless git for even longer, meaning, we are going nowhere (which is what you have been preaching for long enough!)

Yawn!!

Do you want me to list the chances that Wolves wasted whilst McGinger sat on his hands for 30 minutes of the first half? Bet even you were pulling your jumper over you "Go McGinger" T Shirt at that point?

What a quite pathetic and childish response, well done.

Enjoy your win

I will do I'm a Villa fan.

Why shouldn't we try to keep momentum when we have it and have an advantage with one player more?

McLeish has made errors earlier when the team has let other teams push us backwards in the dying minutes. I am glad he at least did not try to go defensive now. A player with Bannan's passing skill is what is needed when we are leading, running the match and want to kill it off with a counter attack goal.

Because we werent running the match maybe?

Because Petrovs legs had gone?

Because our midfield at the end was Bannan, Albrighton, Petrov (whose legs as usual had gone) and Clark who was the only player in the middle with any legs left?

The error is dropping deep in itself and that resides with Dunne and Collins. We have done it for years as cover for Collins lack of pace and fear of the ball in behind.

If your gonna set up camp in your own D, pack the middle, there is great big gap there.

You gloss over whatever you want and no doubt we could waste our time doing this all night.

He got bringing Warnock on....absolutely correct for me. Kightly and Frimpong had been tearing us apart for long spells in the first half.

Warnock made Kightly look anonymous 2nd half and moving Clark into the middle took the edge of Frimpong as well.

With one substitution he made 4 tactical alterations and IMHO it worked (Albrighton to the left and Gardner went to the right of midfield leaving Warnock as LB & Clark steeling up the middle.

I'm not convinced over McLeish because to me he lacks the motivational qualities of MON, but credit where it's due.

How expectations have lowered now some jump on this win as something magnificent. Would we have won if frimpong had stayed on? If wolves had 11 men?

This game just shows us what villa are. We're not going down as we'll get results against the handful of teams worse than us. But that's it we're a midtable nothing team and some people seem pleased because we win the odd game under Mcleish.

And fair play to keane but again it sums us up. We're not building a team, we're owned and managed by two people just happy to get by and an old keane for 6 games helps that happen but does nothing for the future.

Enjoy your win, for me it just means we are stuck with this useless git for even longer, meaning, we are going nowhere (which is what you have been preaching for long enough!)

First, it is our win.

Secondly, I think tour premise for the debate is wrong, as Lerner is not a man that will change the manager this season or the next season. He has given McLeish a three year contract with the mandate of getting costs down. That will not change even if we find ourselves at 13th or 14th place.

McLeish is not the problem. Lerner's ambitions after getting rid of O'Neill is the problem. McLeish just fit into that ambition.

Whilst we were squirming, I bet you were doing your best to hide your joy and your 'Go Wolves' t-shirt.

Don't worry mate, as Villa fans, WE will enjoy our win.

Yawn!!

What a quite pathetic and childish response, well done.

You bring that side out of me, what can I say. :evil:

Glad you liked it.

Â