The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know why i bothered to be honest, been watching the site for ages and i just thought id see if there actually was any people who supported the club as a whole, but obviously not.

no point checking the poll cause this site is full of negative members.

almost as "negative" as my darling mcleish

they are indeed, im just trying to make people think twice about their opinion because i think people rushed into negativity and stereotypical comments towards the manager.

just because the blues fans said hes negative it was easy for us to turn around and say that.

when the clear problem for our players not coming forward was there is no movement from CM or creativity for that matter and thats why i think he bought jenas in.

in the last 4 league games the manager has managed to drop heskey and get dunne, and collins especially to keep the ball on the floor.

anyone who says he isnt a motivator or anything like that needs to have a look at him down on the touchline when hes screaming at the players and think really is he shoouting at them telling them to pass backwards or defend a 0 - 0 draw.

okay against tottenham we did have a negative setup but lately things are getting slightly better with the better performances from ireland and nzog but it just seems people still find things to pick at all the time.

Warnock - poor performances. Not dropped.

Collins - at fault for a number of goals. Not dropped.

Hutton - could have had three reds already, at fault for numerous goals. Not dropped.

Heskey - average workhorse with no end product, prone to be sat on floor. Poor performances. Rewarded with games at central midfield, left midfield, attacking midfield and up front.

Bent - left alone with no support from midfield and nobody picked who can support him. Restricted by formation put in place by manager.

Albrighton - started season slowly but has become more important with goals and good play recently, dynamic against Chelsea. Dropped for the following game (See Warnock/Collins effect for how to stay in the team)

Agbonlahor - was on fire when played more to the front alongside Bent, whenever he is in that position he seems to have more effect. Resulting in him being moved back to left wing.

Team - forced to play deep, nothing to do with the players. We sit with a back four on our own goal area, two defensive midfielders just in front (Herd/Delph/Petrov/Clark depending on lottery draw) even at home we rely on two defensive midfielders. This results in a massive gap around the halfway line because Petrov gets forward to support. This big gap leaves nowhere to pass into and attacks break down, Made worse by the fact the team is playing narrow, we cannot even pass the ball wide. Bent comes deep and we lose our attack.

Long ball - Hutton, Dunne, Warnock and Collins "hoof" the ball forward to Bent. Shown to be as effective as bleach for lubricant. Still nothing has been done to change this and we continue to play long ball into no space where nobody runs because everybody is behind the ball.

I could continue.

there is no realistic replacement for warnock

collins might not have got his place back if hutton hadnt been sent off because cuellar had a good game

so your saying we need to replace 3 of our back 4, ok but with which 3 replacements??

heskey like i just said has been dropped recently however he comes looking for the ball more than bent does in my opinion

you can say all you want about bent bieng isolated but he dosent work hard enough, he played in a 4 4 2 yesterday with gabi and still had the least touches of the ball.... against a league 2 side and has missed countless sitters this season

albrighton is 50/50 each game, sometimes he plays well others not, he came on against swansea and couldnt beat the first man with a cross.

agbonlahor drifted wide against arsenal when he was played up front on his own leaving the box empty, i agree hes not a winger but perhaps we should only play 1 wide man and let gabi have a bit of a roam out wide and down the middle at his own choice.

the gap with no1 to pass to is really the players fault because they need to come looking for the ball and it comes down to us having no movement in the centre of the park, we dont move the ball quick enough, however i think ireland is the player to unlock this problem because of the little runs he makes into the gap. however because our players take so long on the ball they dont use the quick movement of someone like ireland.

like i said in the last 4 league games there has been harly any hoof whatsoever and we have been trying to play football.

blame the manager all you want, im not saying hes gods gift although it might look like it but people need to look at our players and see that theyre not performing.

look how many teams use 4 2 3 1 and it works. so why not with us??? because of the manager. i think not.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction. He's been with us for half of a season and he has a 25% win record. He's spent 13 million on Hutton and N'Zogbia so he can't use the money wisely. Hutton is just terrible all round and he hasn't got a clue on how to use N'Zogbia effectively (like Bent). The football has been all over the place and overall hasn't been pleasent to watch. 4 defeats at home in a row. Not good enough at any level

The people who defend him are just being optimistic for the sake of it. Sure, it's good to see the glass half full, but it has to be within reason. There's just no defending him at the moment. This outcome was completely predictable. He just isn't good enough at this level and he'll take us down if he has time to build here.

and when we really look like were going to go down i will get on his back like everyone else

fulham won 5

sunderland won 5

everton won 7

these are the teams people are comparing us to.

if we didnt give away silly set piece goals we would have won way more games.

set piece goals arent the managers fault.

there is only so much you can pin on a man not on the pitch before you need to look at the players on it.

4-2-3-1 should be great for us...

--------------------Given(when fit)/Guzan--------------------

Hutton/Cuellar-----Dunne---------Clark------------Warnock

------------------Petrov------------Herd-----------------------

Albrighton/Zog----------Ireland------------------Gabby/Zog

-----------------------------Bent--------------------------------

the 3 should ne fluid and swap flanks, pop up in the middle with ireland adjusting to either flank. that team ahould do alright. giving gardner, bannan, stevens, weiman, fonz, marshall, lichaj et al a run from the bench to build up playing time...

not convinced it's mcleish's fault that formation doesn't work, but it DOES take time to get things right. he's had 20 games, and we've produced very good football against arsenal and chelsea playing that way. that should be reason enough to stick with it. mcleish shouldn't have heskey in the 3 though, and collins going could force him to put clark/cuellar in the back 4. personally i prefer clark as he is a more complete footballer.

as i said on the last page, sacking mcleish now would be a mistake, a mistake that woudl increase our chances of going down i'd say. if it's clear he's not the man to build a new team around our youth coming from the academy then end of may is when we shoudl part company with him. until then he should be backed 100% so we can finish as high up the table as possible

We won't be going this season because the 3 teams at the bottom are doing extremely poorly. If this was like last season then it would be worrying and I don't doubt a season like that will come again. But in the meantime we'll see McLeish building here and he'll do a lousy job at that like he did at SHA and Rangers. It's like MON's legacy, but worse.

Also, it's the manager's job to make us solid against set pieces. They weren't this bad under MON.

fulham won 5

sunderland won 5

everton won 7

there is only so much you can pin on a man not on the pitch before you need to look at the players on it.

Sunderland have won 6 games.

4 of which have been in their last 6 games.

MON has managed to win 4 games in 6.

McLeish has managed to win 5 in 20.

Spot the difference?

fulham won 5

sunderland won 5

everton won 7

Spot the difference?

we'll still finish ahead of them

fulham won 5

sunderland won 5

everton won 7

Spot the difference?

we'll still finish ahead of them

They are now ahead of us having only 2 months of MON in charge - I cant see us being above them by the end of the season.

Â