The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I must admit, McLeish is doing far worse than I expected. After I got over the initial blinding rage at him being appointed I thought we'd be mediocre, play below par football and be around 9th-10th at this stage of the season. How wrong i was. We're very poor, playing absolutely dire football and are 13th and falling. At the same time though, I'm far from surprised at how he's done. This was always a very likely outcome and you could see it coming from a mile away.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he had an unbeaten run at the start. It was like the best thing ever. Surely he can't be doing that bad?

Honestly, the amount of fans who keep bringing that up didn't have a clue. Drawing many games won't get you anywhere. That's why SHA got relegated under him.

We're 14th now, behind Sunderland. Game over for Mcleish I'm afraid to say. Next...

Unfortunately it won't work like that will it. He was given the job 6 months ago on a bumber 3 year contract. Lerner and Faulkner for **** knows what reason thought he was the right man then and will think he is the right man now.

What we could do with is a spate of sackings in the Premiership to help plant the seed and make his sacking look more justified. It doesn't help that managers who have been in their jobs sometime, or at least way longer than McLeish, who are struggling in Kean, Coyle, McCarthy haven't and don't appear in iminent danger of being sacked. The media also don't seem to be reporting that McLeish is under pressure.

I would be amazed if McLeish goes before the end of the season and expect him to still be here in 18 months. I would love to be pleasantly surprised though. Of course that then means Dumb and Dumber having to find another manager and as we all know they are **** clueless at that.

Think youre right.

Just imagine 3 years of McLeish tho.

Oof.

I must admit, McLeish is doing far worse than I expected. After I got over the initial blinding rage at him being appointed I thought we'd be mediocre play below par football and be around 9th-10th at this stage of the season. How wrong i was. We're very poor, playing absolutely dire football and are 13th and falling. At the same time though, I'm far from surprised at how he's done. This was always a very likely outcome and you could see it coming from a mile away.

I certainly can't remember a more negative manager in the Premiership for many a year now? Even the poor teams in the league pass the ball rather than hoofing it! Thing is though the abjective couldn't give a shit attitude seems to have embedded itself into the team, I mean it's not difficult to motivate yourself against Chelsea but you need motivating against Swansea and that's the managers job! Very poor style, tactics and training methods (so it seems). Randy you was warned!

I was talking to somebody yesterday and he said he was told the players love him. We both thought that was pretty strange given the performances. They certainly do not look like a team fighting for the manager.

I was talking to somebody yesterday and he said he was told the players love him. We both thought that was pretty strange given the performances. They certainly do not look like a team fighting for the manager.

It's never a good sign when the players love the manager! Players don't need a mate they need a bastard in charge. How many of our players loved Sir Ron of Saunders? Not many I would have thought! How many players love SAF?

I want a manager to motivate the players, to be a bit scared of him and to certainly have a great deal of respect for him. How could any of them respect AM with the tactics and style?

Sometimes ppl like ppl they can walk all over.

Not that im saying that is the case here.

We're 14th now, behind Sunderland. Game over for Mcleish I'm afraid to say. Next...

Unfortunately it won't work like that will it. He was given the job 6 months ago on a bumber 3 year contract. Lerner and Faulkner for **** knows what reason thought he was the right man then and will think he is the right man now.

What we could do with is a spate of sackings in the Premiership to help plant the seed and make his sacking look more justified. It doesn't help that managers who have been in their jobs sometime, or at least way longer than McLeish, who are struggling in Kean, Coyle, McCarthy haven't and don't appear in iminent danger of being sacked. The media also don't seem to be reporting that McLeish is under pressure.

I would be amazed if McLeish goes before the end of the season and expect him to still be here in 18 months. I would love to be pleasantly surprised though. Of course that then means Dumb and Dumber having to find another manager and as we all know they are **** clueless at that.

Oh no, I'm fully aware that that will not be the case, the hierarchy will persevere for as long as they can get away with. It's cheaper to do it that way. We won't be going anywhere anytime soon, and we cannot expect to see any new signings while we are playing like this and in the position we are in (what a great time to go 14th). Plus Randy has **** us over by allowing dickweed to spend money on crap players who have done nothing for this team, and we can't seem to shift them.

McLeish is definitely here for the long run. Just hoping he remembers how to manage in the championship because it **** looks like we are heading that way!

Everything is a mess. You can probably tell from the tone of my typing that I am angry! - I was backing him 2 weeks ago! How things change after a defeat...

Ok it's been over 6 months now.

Does anyone understand why the board hired McLeish?

He cannot steady the ship.

He wasn't a cheap option.

He's no good with the kids.

His football is horrid.

SHA connections (not a really big deal, but still)

No good in the transfer market.

Fans have been on his back from the start for good reason.

7th highest paid manager in the league.

It's the biggest catastrophic appointment I've ever seen. It's not good for business at all. How can it be good for business. How?!

I think the only valid explanation why he was hired was because of the letter from SAF. Makes me **** sick.

I think the only valid explanation why he was hired was because of the letter from SAF. Makes me **** sick.

That and the stipulation that our manager "must have PL experience".

Seeing as all the good managers with PL experience are generally already employed by the top teams, that clause alone guaranteed mediocrity.

We are actually 13th

Also

After 20 games

2010/11 vs 2011/12

Position 15th - 13th

Goals Scored: 23 - 22

Goals Conceded 37 - 26

Crucial stat we was 2 points of the bottom 3 last season, this season we are 8.

McLeish may be a poor manager but we have not gone backwards yet, we have not gone forward much.

Betting odds tell you where the punters are putting their money, not anything objective about the quality of our side.

The odds alters as punters pick their bets, but the odds is set objectively (with margins of course) beforehand.

I'm dying for these takeover rumours to be true because there's no way they'd keep McLeish.

I've not heard any rumours about a takeover. Can you enlighten me?

Apparently QIA (people who own PSG) are going to buy the club in the summer. Supposedly this is going to break in February/March.

I'm dying for these takeover rumours to be true because there's no way they'd keep McLeish.

I've not heard any rumours about a takeover. Can you enlighten me?

Apparently QIA (people who own PSG) are going to buy the club in the summer. Supposedly this is going to break in February/March.

Won't happen.

Stop dreaming.

Stop spreading it, saying it over & over on here it won't make it come true.

Feel your pain as to why you are doing this thou!

Â