The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honesty don't know where I stand on this one. I want us to win, but at the same time I feel that there needs to be something drastic for people to wake up. Most Villa fans obviously know what he's about, but it seems like the media aren't picking up on it. It's alarming how many football fans that aren't Villa fans think he's doing an alright job. He's just not under enough pressure at the moment.

There is only one person that needs to be convinced that AM is not the right person for the job. Pressure being applied to AM makes little difference.

If the rumours about Randy looking for replacements for MON before he quit are true then I suspect he's doing the same right now.

That said, I don't see any change until the end of the season. The real indication will be whether Randy backs AM in this transfer window. Any lack of funds speaks of more than just "financial restrainment".

I honesty don't know where I stand on this one. I want us to win, but at the same time I feel that there needs to be something drastic for people to wake up. Most Villa fans obviously know what he's about, but it seems like the media aren't picking up on it. It's alarming how many football fans that aren't Villa fans think he's doing an alright job. He's just not under enough pressure at the moment.

There is only one person that needs to be convinced that AM is not the right person for the job. Pressure being applied to AM makes little difference.

If the rumours about Randy looking for replacements for MON before he quit are true then I suspect he's doing the same right now.

That said, I don't see any change until the end of the season. The real indication will be whether Randy backs AM in this transfer window. Any lack of funds speaks of more than just "financial restrainment".

I'm not even sure whether Randy will be our owner in 6 months time if the QIA rumours are to be believed.

The media are always trying to make out that its because he used to manage SHA but it really isn't. Its the fact that he is a poor manager with a poor record, If anything I'd love it If we were to steal a good manager off SHA.

The media are so xenophobic it's unbelieveable. But because McLeish is British they'll just ignore his negatives. Although there are a few strong critics against him if you look around.

I just can't believe how he has turned Villa Park from a place where teams found it hard to pick up 3 points to easy mode. It's not a fortress anymore.

The media are always trying to make out that its because he used to manage SHA but it really isn't. Its the fact that he is a poor manager with a poor record, If anything I'd love it If we were to steal a good manager off SHA.

Agreed. Was listening to the radio on the way back and Alan Green was talking to a Villa fan that phoned in and said something like "Will Villa fans ever accept McLeish given his past connections?"

When will pundits and other fans wise up to McLeish?

Houllier was an honourable man who would have took us on to much better things. Not an opinion but a fact.

Don't you get bored. You've mention Houllier so often but no one cares, the guy wasn't medically able to do the job, time to move on.

I just can't get over how little Mcleish knows about chasing a game. We started panicking around the 25 minute mark while before that we were trying to build some pressure. Mcleish did nothing to clam the players or instill belief that we could chase the game. Then his subs were a joke, when you are two goals behind you need to gamble and throw attacking players on and commit to pressing higher up the pitch, you may concede but teams like Swansea aren't experienced in dealing with pressure and protecting a lead.

The worst part is that after a result that really could have turned this season around we've completely bottled it.

Does anybody know how many shots on target we have mustered in the last 9 games (basically all league games since the last international break in November) because it has to be scarily low. Spurs, Swansea (a) and Manchester United were all inept. We then beat Bolton, before being **** desperate again against Liverpool. I didnt see the Arsenal game, but we never really looked like scoring against Stoke. Then we beat Chelsea and failed to turn up today.

Of those nine games there are, what, five or six where we hardly had a shot on goal? Alarm bells are ringing.

Agreed. Was listening to the radio on the way back and Alan Green was talking to a Villa fan that phoned in and said something like "Will Villa fans ever accept McLeish given his past connections?"

When will pundits and other fans wise up to McLeish?

Agreed. Earlier in the season it was all about where he came from and not about the fact that he plays terrible negative football, was relegated twice in three seasons (or twice in two seasons in the Premier League) with Birmingham and once managed to finish third in a two horse race with Rangers. Certain sections of the media, Alan Green being one tried to make the comparison of how Manchester United fans would react to taking Mancini from City if Fergie retires soon. Only it's not like that at all, it would be like Manchester United taking Alan Ball or Frank Clark immediately after those guys took City down.

Houllier was an honourable man who would have took us on to much better things. Not an opinion but a fact.

Yeah, so honourable that he forfeited an FA Cup match and then admitted afterwards that he didn't think we could win.

Please don't claim to say something as "fact" when it isn't.

Does anybody know how many shots on target we have mustered in the last 9 games (basically all league games since the last international break in November) because it has to be scarily low. Spurs, Swansea (a) and Manchester United were all inept. We then beat Bolton, before being **** desperate again against Liverpool. I didnt see the Arsenal game, but we never really looked like scoring against Stoke. Then we beat Chelsea and failed to turn up today.

Of those nine games there are, what, five or six where we hardly had a shot on goal? Alarm bells are ringing.

A shot on target feels like scoring a goal under McLeish.

I dnno the stats for all games above but we had ONE today:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/2012/jan/02/aston-villa-v-swansea

It is a joke.

i worked out the shots on target over the last 7 games as 23. post with exact details is on pg227. bearing in mind a weak 25 yarder straight to the keeper counts as on target, then if you looked at the shots which were either a goal or actually had a decent chance of being a goal i reckon you would struggle to get above 15.

Was Ireland injured when he was taken off? Dont understand how he'd take the best player off and then not bother making another sub til 5 minutes left or whatever it was. Did we use our last sub? Not good management when it was obvious changes had to be made sooner.

When was the last time we lost 4 home games in a row?

We're staying up, we're going down, we're staying up, we're going down!

There had be some improvement of late, Chelsea game was great but we got lucky held on and hit them on the counter late.

At home you are the team expected to take the game to the opposition something we have struggled with for years not just with Mcleish.

He's a dreadful manager tactically (what tactic's?) and he will empty VP quicker than the hordes of marauding Glasgow Rangers fans did in 76.

Credit goes to the 35k+ who turned out to watch that tripe, Mcleish you had a chance against Swansea after the great result at Chelsea to "maybe" start to get the supporters behind you but you failed. This will cost Lerner at lot of money now because I think you may have just broke the camel's back with that pathetic display.

Not many "floating" fan's are going to get caught paying at the gate to watch that shit and if he's still in charge next season it will cost a Lerner a fortune with season ticket's not being renewed.

Â