The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Two things that have **** me right of today-

As soon as I set my sights on a little stat, about 10mins before kick off, I knew this was going to be a total disaster today.

The snippet of information read: The swans have visited Villa park 7 times and have lost all of those without scoring...

Now, you all know as well as I do, that we always have records broken against us, even Routledge scored his first premier league goal against us. Drogba got his 150th Chelsea goal the other day as well.

Secondly, I was a supporter of AMC, I wanted to give him time, and was delighted that we got that win against Chelsea. But, after today, it appears we are simply just competing for points here and there, rather than looking to win every game and get somewhere. How **** dare they give us a shite performance like that against Swansea at home!

I have joined the Mcleish out wagon now and I won't be happy until we are in another transition period... I also want about 80% of the playing staff to **** of as well because they ain't worth the money they earn

I won't be going to another game after that today until some drastic changes are made. Just feels like I'm pissing money away

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are a badly run football club with a crap manager. We have a number of arrogant players who think that because they are on a shed load more than better players at other clubs they are somehow world beaters.

There appears to be no unity in our team. I feel sorry for the likes of Cuellar, Petrov, Agbonlahor and the kids who appear to desperately want us to do well but with the likes of Dunne, Collins, Hutton & CNZ in the squad we will never be a team.

MON could have controlled this, McLeish can not, he has no tactical nous, no ability in the transfer market and no motivational capability.

We need another manager who doesn't take shit, but the players actually respect. How can we expect the players to respect AMC when 95% of the fans don't. McLeish is a poor manager, and the sooner Faulkner & Lerner realise this the better. Does PF even go to home games?

McLeish out.

It's funny that we seem to be doing better away from home than at Villa Park.... Could it be because away from VP the majority of fans aren't getting on McLeish's back and just looking to criticise him and the team at every opportunity??? Whether the criticism is granted or not shouldn't we have to give the guy a chance? 23 points in the first 19 games is not relegation form, it isn't great but I can't really understand the amount of negativity and calls for the manager to go when we aren't in any danger really. I've said before O'Neill came 11th in his first season, we're 12th now, not great but when the manager hasn't been able to buy his team and is coming into side that just lost their 3 best players (Young, Downing and Friedel) I'm not sure anyone else would be doing much better.

I'm convinced given time he will do well here. Unfortunately, and it is because of his background regardless of what anyone says, time isn't being afforded to him. There are 2 reasons we look better away from home. The first is because we are naturally better on the counter and the second is because the players are treading on egg shells because of the atmosphere at VP. I think if Hughes, Jol or even Martinez had 23 points this season it would be generally accepted because of where we are as a club at the moment.
You're right, it is to do with his background. His background is that of a shite manager

It's becoming untennable already, today the boo's were embarrassingly loud and hate filled

Really?

Didn't sound that bad on TV tbh.

Obviosuly the Ireland sub he got a lot of stick for but at final whistle could only hear few boos .

Was another shite game anyhow.

Dunno, I heard quite a few.

Then again, a lot of people had already left by the final whistle anyway.

It's becoming untennable already, today the boo's were embarrassingly loud and hate filled

Really?

Didn't sound that bad on TV tbh.

Obviosuly the Ireland sub he got a lot of stick for but at final whistle could only hear few boos .

Was another shite game anyhow.

Dunno, I heard quite a few.

Then again, a lot of people had already left by the final whistle anyway.

Yeh was ppl leaving as early as the 60 min mark.

Understandably so as well.

It's funny that we seem to be doing better away from home than at Villa Park.... Could it be because away from VP the majority of fans aren't getting on McLeish's back and just looking to criticise him and the team at every opportunity??? Whether the criticism is granted or not shouldn't we have to give the guy a chance? 23 points in the first 19 games is not relegation form, it isn't great but I can't really understand the amount of negativity and calls for the manager to go when we aren't in any danger really. I've said before O'Neill came 11th in his first season, we're 12th now, not great but when the manager hasn't been able to buy his team and is coming into side that just lost their 3 best players (Young, Downing and Friedel) I'm not sure anyone else would be doing much better.

Scottie, it's not acceptable to have lost 4 home games in succession (and 5 out of the last 6).

Nearly all of the points we have gained of the 23 have been against lower opposition (particularly in the first 10 matches) and even that record is starting to fall apart.

I just can't believe the board hired someone so utterly out of his depth in football. They have no place running this club.

I want Paul **** Faulkner to come in the middle of the pitch and explain what the **** is he's purpose of football. He's no CEO. He's an imposter. Did he thought McLeish was a good idea because it's his lost daddy or something? I'm sick of his smug punchable face. The **** is Randy playing at hiring him? He's cost him millions yet he's still here. Has he even got a clue? 100% no.

Shambles everywhere. We're going down with this lot.

In fairness (and I'm no supporter of AM) Villa did seem to start showing improvement as soon as Bent was out of the side. Perhaps letting Bent go and a just a decent striker brought in may solve the issue?

It may sound crazy, but was it such a coincidence that with Bent out there was improvement?

I think that's becoming a bit of a myth tbh.

Bent didn't play at QPR earlier this season when we were dreadful for 60 minutes, as bad as today.

He also didn't play at home to Liverpool which certainly wasn't a bundle of laughs.

The Chelsea game was 1-1 when he came on, scored the last and remember just before we scored he should've had a penalty when Terry fouled him.

You raise good points, but Albrighton has also been re-introduced recently, combined with Nzog switching to the left. I feel that a combination of that and Bent not being present has helped.

As for his Chelsea contribution, that was rather at the end of the match and after Villa were 2-1 up. The chance for his goal was one that anyone similarly placed should have snapped up i.m.o.

Please see my other comments above.

John. Bent came on at 1-1 at Chelsea and played a big part in the second goal. He won the ball in the air against Terry who then dragged him down for what should've been a penalty. Ball was then cleared to Clark who slotted in Petrov.

The Arsenal game was infuriating as Albrighton hit some tremendous balls along the six yard line that Gabby/Ireland just missed, I'm sure Bent would've gobbled up one of them today. What did he get today, overhit crosses from N'zogbia.

Scottie, it's not acceptable to have lost 4 home games in succession (and 5 out of the last 6).

Well its pretty normal being a Villa fan seeing us lose to Liverpool and Arsenal. I'll agree today in particular was very poor. But it is strange that we seem to be doing better away from home and i just wonder is the negativity around the ground a factor. Also, I too am disappointed with where we are but if we want McLeish out, who can we get that is any better? For two summers we've tried to recruit managers but nobody wants to come to Villa, even Roberto Mancini turned us down for Wigan! Because we don't have the funds to compete with the top 6 we are a midtable club that can realistically hope to finish at best 7th and good managers just don't want to come!

Well its pretty normal being a Villa fan seeing us lose to Liverpool and Arsenal. I'll agree today in particular was very poor. But it is strange that we seem to be doing better away from home and i just wonder is the negativity around the ground a factor. Also, I too am disappointed with where we are but if we want McLeish out, who can we get that is any better? For two summers we've tried to recruit managers but nobody wants to come to Villa, even Roberto Mancini turned us down for Wigan! Because we don't have the funds to compete with the top 6 we are a midtable club that can realistically hope to finish at best 7th and good managers just don't want to come!

How about anyone? McLeish is the worst manager in the league and IMO one of the worst in the country. Even Kevin MacDonald would be a step up.

Given we're Aston Villa 4th most successful club in England I think our sights should be higher than just staying up !! :shock:

The "you don't know what you're doing" chant was very loud on my stream with close-ups of lots of angry fans!!

But that is what made the appointment of McCleish so utterly stupid. It was obvious that the guy was never, never, going to have a chance winning over the fans as the job was going to be tough for whoever took it. Lerner and Faulkner are to blame for the current shit situation due to their inability to choose managers and for cutting finance far to quickly.

McCLeish should never have been manager, not simply as I personally think he's a terrible manager, but also because it was always going to be impossible for him to succeed unless he achieved something quite amazing. There were so many cheaper, easier more intelligent choices for manager that everytime I see 'Aston Villa Manager, Alex McCleish' written down I still shake my head in disbelief.

Yeah I was referring to when Ireland was yanked off, I was sat up by the Holte & it was loud

Left on 85 so cant comment on FT reactions

The reaction at full time wasn't that bad surprisingly. I even saw a few pratts clapping I think in protest at those booing. He is getting an easy ride really especially compared to the abuse Houllier got away at Man City and at home to Spurs, Sunderland and Wolves which was the worst I'd seen in 30 years.

Â