The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

do opposition teams talk about our decline or us being poor when they beat us.... not bloody likely.

Afraid so. I live in london now, and had to sit on the train home reading an article by Benoit Assou-Ekotto titled "We might end up like Aston Villa" he went on to talk about our decline and how we failed to capitalise on our form at the time and sold our best players.

Teams do see the decline of others

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credit where it is due. AM got it right against Chelsea and our performances over the last 3 games have been a marked improvement over some of the dross we were served up earlier in the season.

This statement annoys me and I have heard it a lot. The guy should get credit for sending out our best team in a sensible formation with players in their rightful position?????

That must be really hard to achieve when you are spending all of your time counting your £2m+ p.a..

A lot of VT'ers have been crying out for this since the season started and it has taken our manager, on his big wages, half a season to work it out? And even then it was probably caused by injuries/suspensions?

I think this just smacks of pure hatred for Mcleish. We could be top of the league and you'd still be finding things to attack him about.

Over the past 3 games we have improved and the team seems more united. Credit where it's due.

McLeish does deserve credit. He sent out a team that beat Chelsea away from home.

He also deserves some criticism for the way this season has gone so far. No one is disputing that really.

Credit and criticism where they are due. Just because I give him credit for the Chelsea win doesn't mean he's now the best manager in the world. But he had a good day at the office.

McLeish does deserve credit. He sent out a team that beat Chelsea away from home.

He also deserves some criticism for the way this season has gone so far. No one is disputing that really.

Credit and criticism where they are due. Just because I give him credit for the Chelsea win doesn't mean he's now the best manager in the world. But he had a good day at the office.

Thisellythis!

I don't buy this 'we only beat them because they were poor' either because usually, in the past, when other teams have hit a slump like that, Aston Villa have usually been the team you want to play aganst to break that slump :winkold:

It's the same with players on a goal drought really, playing us will get them back on track.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but that's the way it has felt sometimes.

Not this time though, this time we beat one of the best teams in the country, at their pitch, for the first time in 10 years. It really was a remarkable achievement, and McLeish got his tactics spot on for this one.

**** me can't we just have 2 games without a shit performance. McLeish is still crap in my eyes. One win against Chelsea doesn't change a thing. The players are also the problem but we need a manager who bollocks them for being so inconsistent.

I still think he needs to go. Lambert in for me.

Today was a new low. No one can argue that he can't do much with the players he has. It is now 99% his incompetence that is **** this team up on the pitch. Look at the game:

A) He took off Ireland........ wow.......just WOW.

B) He waited until the 85th to make an attacking substitution.

C) He did NOTHING at half time to change things.

He is someone who is VERY VERY bad at this job and now indefensible against criticism.

Although he will get all the stick, that Dyer goal **** us right up and McLeish could do nothing about Warnock's howler.

And what did he do to change things? What subs did he make to improve our attacking chances?

**** bloody all, first attacking sub 86th min, some 40 mins after the 2nd goal.

Although he will get all the stick, that Dyer goal **** us right up and McLeish could do nothing about Warnock's howler.

He had 86 mins plus injury to get it right. We are shit at home because we are a counter-attacking team. McLeish can not get us playing any other way. We need a top manager in, which is the problem, because who would want to manage this **** titanic-esque club.

i just cant put my finger on what went wrong.

We handed them a lead, which is great for an out of confidence away team.

Id like to blame AMC but most posters, including myself were happy with the team selection, so tactics?

I think Gabby and NZog were on the wrong sides from the start.....? We didnt press high enough first half? We know Swans like to play out from the back.....

I dunno ....

Mcleish must go.. Not sure who I'd bring in but I think he has to be young and a British speaker with good enthusiasm to get us started again. Villa haven't been the same since MON abandoned us.

Most people are running out of patience now, he's had his chance and done nothing with it.

Surely any manager worth his salt could have inspired a decent performance from the team that we had out today after the Chelsea result. I'd even expect Avram Grant to have got a result today but McLeish is just useless.

I don't care if we lose to teams above us because they will always be there, but we need to get results against teams around and below us as this will dictate whether or not we stay in this league.

I guess this must be a little replica of what happened to him last season, you would have thought things would turn out better once they fluked the Carling Cup but utimately failed. We fluked the game last weekend and **** this one up big time, make no mistake 2-0 loss to Swansea was kind of lucky

Â