The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness given how shit we were last season and the gutless tripe we were serving up then using that as a benchmark is obviously setting the bar low. All it shows is that McLeish is currently doing better with a worse squad.

Lets all hope, at the very least, that continues. If it does then a comfortable top half finish will be secured.

Given our injury problems last year, that's debatable. For a 2 month period our midfield was between Clark/Hogg/Bannan and we had to use Heskey as a lone striker because Gabby was suffering a lot of injuries.

+ I've never seen worse performances as a Villa fan, both Man United and Tottenham games were a joke.

Do you not remember Leiceter at home in O'Leary's last season ? That season very nearly stopped me watching football.

I can't believe people are on AM's back. Ofcourse 3 good performances don't make the season, but then again neither do the poor performances against Man U and Tottenham. Every season has its share of good and bad performances, but if you're going to criticise the poor ones, you should also be able to praise the good ones.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but the negativity surrounding AM (even after positive results), does not serve the fans or the players well, can't we enjoy the positives and get behind the team ?

In all fairness given how shit we were last season and the gutless tripe we were serving up then using that as a benchmark is obviously setting the bar low. All it shows is that McLeish is currently doing better with a worse squad.

Lets all hope, at the very least, that continues. If it does then a comfortable top half finish will be secured.

Given our injury problems last year, that's debatable. For a 2 month period our midfield was between Clark/Hogg/Bannan and we had to use Heskey as a lone striker because Gabby was suffering a lot of injuries.

+ I've never seen worse performances as a Villa fan, both Man United and Tottenham games were a joke.

Do you not remember Leiceter at home in O'Leary's last season ? That season very nearly stopped me watching football.

I can't believe people are on AM's back. Ofcourse 3 good performances don't make the season, but then again neither do the poor performances against Man U and Tottenham. Every season has its share of good and bad performances, but if you're going to criticise the poor ones, you should also be able to praise the good ones.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but the negativity surrounding AM (even after positive results), does not serve the fans or the players well, can't we enjoy the positives and get behind the team ?

To be fair poor performances have been the norm this season under McLeish. I'm hoping this is the start of something new.

Spot on. The players needed to beleive in themselves and not show fear yeasterday.

But there again our away support gets right behind the players for the entire game. I really hope the fans tomorrow get behind the manager and the team at HOME because some so called fans just don't seem to understand that moaning and concentrating on the negatives at Villa Park transpires to the players on the pitch.

As I've said before.. if you wanna moan at Villa Park then go and sit with the away support because you do a far better job than the opposition fans ever could!

No ones denying that Spurs away and Man Utd at home this season we set out with a defeatist attitude and got exactly what we deserved - **** all. It wasn't however patch on the gutless tripe we served up at Man City and Liverpool last season.

It doesn't really matter in all fairness though does it. The way I see things is that its been very much a period of doom and gloom so its natural to cling on to any positives and there are a few - The last 3 performances, Petrov having an excellent season, Gabby, Warnock and Dunne having a return to form, Clark, Herd, Albrighton and Bannan all looking like they will be valuable assets, Given proving to be the excellent signing we all felt he would be and Irelands last couple of performances.

No ones denying that Spurs away and Man Utd at home this season we set out with a defeatist attitude and got exactly what we deserved - **** all. It wasn't however patch on the gutless tripe we served up at Man City and Liverpool last season.

It was just as bad.

There's absolutely no difference at all. :?

That's laughable. It was exactly the same shit on all occasions.

Maybe you had to be at Anfield and the City of Manchester Stadium. I will also acknowledge that the disgusting, disgraceful, disrespectful behaviour of our then manager at full time after the gutless tripe his team served up also will make that night at Anfield live long in the memory as one of the worst experiences as a Villa fan.

Thankfully that's an experience I hadn't had in my previous 30 years as a fan and I'm hopeful I won't have to have again.

Maybe you had to be at Anfield and the City of Manchester Stadium. I will also acknowledge that the disgusting, disgraceful, disrespectful behaviour of our then manager at full time after the gutless tripe his team served up also will make that night at Anfield live long in the memory as one of the worst experiences as a Villa fan.

Thankfully that's an experience I hadn't had in my previous 30 years as a fan and I'm hopeful I won't have to have again.

You still haven't really explained how they're different. It amazes me how two really really shit performances under McLeish can be "not a patch" on two equally really really shit performances under Houllier. :|

To be fair poor performances have been the norm this season under McLeish. I'm hoping this is the start of something new.

Agree poor performances have been the norm this season, and also hoping this is the start of something new. Before the Chelsea game I'd have been happy enough to see McLeish go. Call me fickle but I think he is actually a reasonably good manager, and I'm glad the Villa fans have left the banners at home so far (to my knowledge anyway). We might not all be wowed by him, but getting on his back will achieve nothing while there's no obvious relegation danger, and no obvious replacement for him.

Even if we end the season where we are now, I'd say we should think carefully before replacing him.

I'd still be happy to see him let go, I'm just a bit less unhappy about him being here at the moment. All we need to do is wait and see. The Swansea game will be telling.

This, If he reverts back to the shite against Swansea he'll have people on his back again and rightly so.

We had massive injury list when we played Liverpool last season.

McLeish had NO such excuse for playing Heskey and Hutton in midfield against Spurs - there was no injuries.

He was picking his first choice team!

Â