The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but not going just because times are hard just makes you a shit fan.

i dont want mcleish here and i'm not happy with how things are going at the moment but doesn't mean i'm gonna stop going and stop supporting the club.

Just don't bother going in the first place. The empty seats will tell it's own tale.

The Arsenal game will be my last match this season. Actually, it'll be my last ever until AM **** off.

And if McLeish is here next season oh boy the board are in for a surprise.

If they think they'll see the same amount of ST sales they have another thing coming. I'm sure the majority of fans were willing to give him a chance beliveing he'll get us playing positive football seeing as he said it himself. But now they know what his about, the sales will plummet down big time.

I mean, I recall only 29k actually attended the match against Liverpool, but they still included the ST holders.

Just think what Randy's expression will be when no more than 25k turns up for a match. I'll be **** delighted because it'll hurt his pocket and may actually wake him up. But then again, all he is good at is pissing his dad's money up the wall so who knows?

i dont want mcleish here and i'm not happy with how things are going at the moment but doesn't mean i'm gonna stop going and stop supporting the club.

A valid argument, but I could easily argue that constantly spending money on something that gives you no enjoyment, when you have a choice in whehter you do or not, makes you an idiot.

According to the Oxford dictionary a supporter is:

a person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team:

Now as far as I'm concerned I can do that perfectly well from the comfort of my own home without spending any additional money watching my team get rolled over from the first whistle.

But each to their own and all that, but what I will say is that as long as there's around 30,000 people like you the board are never going to do anything drastic.

Then I must be a shit fan.

Considering the distance between myself and Villa Park, the go/dont go decision is already a fine one regardless of how we're doing. If we happen to be playing the kind of football that we did on Sunday then i'd much rather spend the money on going out for an enjoyable meal instead. Following Villa isnt some kind of religiously driven path of righteousness, if the entertainment on offer doesnt justify driving 2 hours up the motorway, then it's a no brainer.

Considering the distance between myself and Villa Park, the go/dont go decision is already a fine one regardless of how we're doing. If we happen to be playing the kind of football that we did on Sunday then i'd much rather spend the money on going out for an enjoyable meal instead. Following Villa isnt some kind of religiously driven path of righteousness, if the entertainment on offer doesnt justify driving 2 hours up the motorway, then it's a no brainer.

can understand if you haven't got a season ticket and have to travel 2 hours to game, its more aimed at the people who have brought a season ticket and are saying they can't be arsed to go...

but... i go to the villa to support us and hopefully see us win, if we play nice football on the way to winning its a bonus. I dont go to football to be entertained, i'm a villa supporter not a customer.

Results normally govern whether a manager stays at a club. Not what the fans think.

If performances on the field continue on a downward spirall akin to our position in the Premiership then things should take care of themselves. I don't want us to be relegated and neither would our chairman so rather than speak of silly protests, it is best just to wait and see where we are after the next three games and then hopefully the right action will be taken to benefit the club?

can understand if you haven't got a season ticket and have to travel 2 hours to game, its more aimed at the people who have brought a season ticket and are saying they can't be arsed to go...

but... i go to the villa to support us and hopefully see us win, if we play nice football on the way to winning its a bonus. I dont go to football to be entertained, i'm a villa supporter not a customer.

I do have a seaon ticket, but on this last occassion I decided that I'd probably have a better afternoon by doing something else.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these people who demands their money back after a poor performance, I accept that comes with it. But I'm simply not going to drag myself along against my own wishes for the sake of maintaining some kind of loyalty to a club that has given me very, very little for the cost of my season ticket.

Results normally govern whether a manager stays at a club. Not what the fans think.

If performances on the field continue on a downward spirall akin to our position in the Premiership then things should take care of themselves. I don't want us to be relegated and neither would our chairman so rather than speak of silly protests, it is best just to wait and see where we are after the next three games and then hopefully the right action will be taken to benefit the club?

this.

and hopefully we can actually get behind the lads along the way at home that is, away support is top class.

To be honest I think the Spurs, Man U and Liverpool games alone warrant a sacking. I know we had similar (not as bad though) performances last season under Houllier but they were dispersed amongst some truly terrific performances as well. With McLeish we surrender EVERY time we play a top 6 club. That's not acceptable, and to do it every time like he's doing is a sackable offence.

The only white flag incident with Houllier was the FA Cup City game.

What also gets me with AM is that Eastlands must be the hardest place to come to this season, yet he didn't actually surrender there. We gave it quite a good go in the first half, yet White Hart Lane, which is weaker, he just gave up. Where's the logic in that? And now he's doing it at home. That's unacceptable beyond levels.

I've coughed up for 3 season tickets for years and have followed Villa since 1970. I've spent thousands of pounds and devoted many hours watching Villa play both in the UK and Europe.

I've got 2 lads that play football at a decent standard so are you saying that if one of their games clash with a Villa game and I choose to watch them play then I am either just a customer or a shit fan?

What we have been subjected to in the last dozen or so games has been utter garbage.

There is a counter argument that if you stand by and do nothing then nothing is likely to change.

On the assumption that Lerner isn't attending the games then maybe he is taking guidance from Faulkner as to what the state of play is. Do you think Faulkner is going to Randy know just how disenfranchised the fan base is given that Faulkner was instrumental in the appointment of McLeish?

Maybe some sort of vocal and visible show of discontent is necessary to at least get the point across to the very person that can change things off the pitch.

So who's the best supporter then - the one that stands by and accepts the dross we are being or served or the fan that tries to instigate change?

Yeah but at least with Anfield, we had Ash Young, Petrov, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Heskey (at the time was playing well)

we had Hogg, Clark and Ireland in midfield that day. We were dire that day but it wasn't because we set up in a way that meant we just got battered, just we weren't very good. Tottenham was the worse I've ever seen as a Villa fan, especially for the team selection as well.

I honestly don't believe AM sends the team out not to win. No professional footballer or manager would ever do that.

I just believe that he his totally incompetent and doesnt have the ability to get the team playing with any attacking instinct whatsoever.

I have seen nothing in any of our performances that suggests that we are capable of putting any sort of run together.

Unfortunately whilst we sit in 10th place any demos, banners or any AM songs would be seen as pathetic and will only be ignored by the board.

By the time we finely drop into the relegation zone it will be too late and the board wont have the opportunity to launch a £24 million rescue package like they did last year.

Its gonna be fly by the seat of your pants and pray its not a crash landing

Â