Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delph for Gardner at half time and Petrov for anybody who's fetched they're boots. Collins must be breaking all records for giving away possession with Bannan a close second. I counted 18 long balls that were won by QPR in the first half from Collins alone.

McLeish out is all i can really say. Plus the players should be ashamed to call themselves footballers. No heart, no fight, no brains, no hope!

You can't criticise Ireland or any attacking player when we just hoof the ball past them. He's at least been closing down the ball.

It's the tactics which are the problem. If the attacking players don't get the ball to feet they may as well not be on the pitch.

Yep, i've realised this as well.

Its not the players fault, its the tactics that aren't adapted to the players available & their strengths.

the things is, we've lost all of our best players.

but we haven't.

a team with Bent, N'Zogbia, Ireland, Dunne, Given, etc, should be able to at least give QPR a match.

i could understand if it was one of the top 6 teams.

Given and Dunne haven't done anything wrong today or any other game. Ireland hasn't played well for a long time and Bent isn't playing today either!

Ireland hasnt been given a chance to do anything the one chance he did have he played a good ball through for hutton.
Played a decent square ball across their area for Bannan too, but Bannan dribbled into a dead end. The problem with our midfield as Wilkins said is we're just not playing football most of the time...

Like ray wilkins said

We have a team with quite a few small guys so McCrap decides to lump the ball over their heads

We have come here for a draw and if we get anything less the manager is to blame were not playing football this is anti football worse tham MON's route 1 shit i have yet to see us play out from the back along the ground once pathetic.

Wow. I tend to be one of the more optimistic supporters, but good grief what an embarrassing first 45. Granted the last 5 minutes showed more promise, but I think there is a real problem that needs to be addressed.

The weird part is, as much as we like to think it's AM's tactics to just hoof the ball upfield from defence, I don't think that's the case. There was this one shot of AM absolutely incensed, yelling at the players to keep the ball on the floor. I think there are 2 problems here. 1 being James Collins. He's not confident enough to play a pass on the floor most of the time, and just ends up clearing the ball rather than chesting it down and keeping it. And 2, we don't have a midfielder who makes himself available to the defenders to pick the ball up from them. Since our defenders can't pick a pass to them, it's imperative that the midfielders make themselves available. This is another reason why I think it was a poor decision to let go of Makoun. He was that link from defence to attack, while also being creative.

I feel bad for Delph because it isn't his game to play the deep lying midfielder who collects from the defence. He's looking quite poor because of it. We are crying out for a Tiote like player, and only then do I think we'll see the best of him.

Sorry for the tl;dr btw.

Like ray wilkins said

We have a team with quite a few small guys so McCrap decides to lump the ball over their heads

We have come here for a draw and if we get anything less the manager is to blame were not playing football this is anti football worse tham MON's route 1 shit i have yet to see us play out from the back along the ground once pathetic.

MON football was direct

Agreed this is ANTI-FOOTBALL .

completely different and **** woeful

stop blaming petrov!!!!!! **** sake - biggest scapegoat of all time on here, the midfield have got **** neck ache watching the ball sail over their heads - how is that petrov fault??

The same Petrov which failed to close down Taarabt and he then hit the post? He has been non existant and generally poor when closing down.

stop blaming petrov!!!!!! **** sake - biggest scapegoat of all time on here, the midfield have got **** neck ache watching the ball sail over their heads - how is that petrov fault??

The midfield are sitting far too deep forcing the defence to do likewise and thus the only out ball is a long one up to the lone striker. Also as the club captain he should be rallying the troops or at least **** giving them an earful for such a Pathetic performance. No really Petrov alone but i think he should be accountable whilst wearing the armband.